Sixteen kids and counting....

(200 Posts)
BarnYardCow Wed 09-Jan-13 12:28:24

Anyone else looking forward to a new episode on Friday where I think they have just had number 17, plus one of the elder daughters is expecting too!

ReshapeWhileDashingThroTheSnow Fri 11-Jan-13 21:26:03

Three lots of nappy bums. Hmm. I'm not using my cloth nappies on my 2 yo because of his horrible toddler diarrhoea. blush

Blimey, they're going to take up half the plane if they fly to France! grin

First baby at 14 tho! She could have another 10 years of fertility left. 26 kids!

blondieminx Fri 11-Jan-13 21:27:10

How does she do it?!

Oh my actual god: the washing, the housework, the logistics of getting that many kids out the door each morning (never mind if to France FFS, can you imagine the packing?!) and she looks amazing on it! Just wow.

Meglet Fri 11-Jan-13 21:27:28

yy, the removing the handle is very dangerous. If there was a fire the dad might not be able to dash back and stick it back on.

RubyLovesMayMay Fri 11-Jan-13 21:27:41

I'm the 2nd of 5 kids, me and my older sis, looked after the youngers, most families do.

this Mum looks better than I do and I'm ten years younger and have 14 fewer kids grin

lauriedriver Fri 11-Jan-13 21:27:51

Healthy lunch box policy?? Car seat off the table?? Some people ain't happy unless their moaning/criticizing.

I think the family seem great fun, loving & happy, that's what's important.

shotofexpresso Fri 11-Jan-13 21:27:56

Within limits though, its seems to be constant which is unhealthy tbh.

my mum always used to say 'my job is to make sure you're only job is to be a child' I understand what she means now and thank her for it.

Smudging Fri 11-Jan-13 21:28:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lopsided Fri 11-Jan-13 21:28:40

They seem really lovely and loving. It's a different childhood for the kids, not like their peers.

Imagine letting some of them have a friend round to play! I think I need a lie down.

oldebaglady Fri 11-Jan-13 21:29:22

I thought it'ld look like more fun! was expecting to be a wee bit jealous
but they just sort of exist around the kids, they haven't shown much yet admittedly but it seems like they very much blend into "the kids" IYKWIM

If I won the lottery I would have more kids, but probably not so much that they just become "the kids" and I could still enjoy each of them as individuals

Smudging Fri 11-Jan-13 21:29:35

MrsReiver Fri 11-Jan-13 21:29:48

He didn't remove the handle did he? I thought he rattled it so they would think he was coming and leap into bed, but one of the kids pushed the handle out.

greencolorpack Fri 11-Jan-13 21:30:11

Reshape, yes I agree, it doesn't sit right with me that the show was advertised with the comment saying some something like "is it too many?". Who the hell has the right to say what is too many. Just because its not the norm doesn't mean anyone has the right to judge or question why they had this kid or that kid. Nobody makes documentaries about families with one troubled kid and asks "did that couple have one too many children?" but in some cases it could be a valid question.

BillyBollyBrandy Fri 11-Jan-13 21:34:08

Why would you drive for 21 hours with 15 kids?! That's why we have Devon grin

MrsBucketxx Fri 11-Jan-13 21:34:32

21 hours and 16 kids flippin heck shock

5madthings Fri 11-Jan-13 21:35:00

Just set a reminder to watch this in 4+1.

Meglet Fri 11-Jan-13 21:35:14

They don't seem to have a pissed off, stressy streak in them confused.

PetiteRaleuse Fri 11-Jan-13 21:35:24

That must be the worst car journey in history grin

ReshapeWhileDashingThroTheSnow Fri 11-Jan-13 21:36:11

So far, the most surprising thing about this docu has been that they are in the swimming pool of a French campsite that doesn't enforce the 'Budgie Smugglers only' rule. shock No speedos!

oldebaglady Fri 11-Jan-13 21:36:15

I know swimming pools that don't allow more than 2 kids per adult in, that must be tricky!

Smudging Fri 11-Jan-13 21:37:23

Smudging Fri 11-Jan-13 21:38:20

Bottleoffish Fri 11-Jan-13 21:39:14

They're not perfect, no one is, are they, but so far I think they/it looks great! I have four and counting but I'm too old to get to 16 now and my DH would never cope anyway, he gets stressed too easily!

sussexsongbird Fri 11-Jan-13 21:39:26

Sue is on my birth board on babycentre.com - baby Oscar is the same age as my DS. I couldn't believe it when he announced she was pregnant again, but isn't it time she was having another one? I don't think she is yet though... She's got her own blog and I think now a website so I bet they are making a bit of money out of publicity now. I certainly hope the ddocumentary people paid for the holiday at least!

InNeatCognac Fri 11-Jan-13 21:40:43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now