Where's neighbours gone?

(601 Posts)
Willabywallaby Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:32

I thought it was having a fortnight off for Christmas but not on today sad

AmandinePoulain Thu 28-Feb-13 13:10:53

So is Kate a fully qualified teacher now then? hmm confused

Clawdy Thu 28-Feb-13 19:59:24

Yes,she'll probably be Principal soon..! and then become a journalist after no training,then run the newspaper! like Susan did. Seem to remember Libby became a teacher almost overnight too...smile

Katz Sat 02-Mar-13 12:33:50

Libby did at least attend Uni because Susan went too, during her memory loss period!

montage Sat 02-Mar-13 20:36:46

Did she Katz? She also went when Zeke did (and got stalked on social media or something). She really does have issues about letting her children branch out on their own doesn't she? wink

I am not looking forward to Lou's family all turning up.

BookFairy Sun 03-Mar-13 08:27:39

I've been flathunting this week so I've missed quite a bit. Where are Lou's family going to live? Is this the daughter who went to live with her biological dad when it came out that her mum had had an affair while married to Lou? I think that happened anyway.....!

Katz Sun 03-Mar-13 08:48:29

No it's Lou other daughter Lauren the one who had an affair with brad and caused him and Beth to split up, she thought she was pregnant but it was an STD. She rode horses.

BookFairy Sun 03-Mar-13 19:02:53

Oooooooh. Thanks Katz smile

Clawdy Tue 05-Mar-13 17:44:58

Sonia's baby looks huge now...

Clawdy Tue 05-Mar-13 17:50:35

Oh poor Rhys.."She doesn't want me..."sad

PuffPants Tue 05-Mar-13 17:52:34

Goodness, Sarah looks a bit...um...jowly!

PuffPants Tue 05-Mar-13 17:53:55

And she sounds completely Australian now. I looked her up and it seems she's been living out there but, fgs, you'd think she'd be able to switch the accent back on.

scrappydappydoo Tue 05-Mar-13 17:55:48

But at least Sonja now seems to be actually looking after her baby - she was actually holding her today shock

Sarah doesn't look quite right, but I can't work out what's wrong.
Is she fat, is she pregnant, is she a man? confused

SpanishFly Tue 05-Mar-13 19:01:03

I dont think I watched it when Sarah was on it previously, but she's very familiar to me. Cant think why.

Clawdy Tue 05-Mar-13 21:10:14

Sarah looks much bigger and that hairstyle is doing her no favours.

readyforno2 Tue 05-Mar-13 22:22:27

She does look pregnant.. Also looks like she's had a shit load of Botox. Her forehead doesn't move at all

BookFairy Wed 06-Mar-13 00:30:34

The actress who plays Sarah is apparently making a special appearance in my hometown soon grin Her accent sounds weird and she looks the same yet different confused

SpanishFly Wed 06-Mar-13 07:09:05

I love the changing-the-facts scriptwriting, now that Sarah was available to return for a while. So now they slept together but it's been a secret the whole time!

BookFairy Wed 06-Mar-13 08:40:16

I thought that Susan split up with Karl (for the first of many times) because he slept with Sarah? How could it now be a secret?!

SpanishFly Wed 06-Mar-13 10:45:03

From what I read on wiki, it was "only a kiss" between them, but it was enough to split up Karl and Susan. As I say, I didnt watch it religiously then, so I can't remember whether it was "just a kiss" at that time.
Wouldn't surprise me if the story has changed from various angles!

montage Wed 06-Mar-13 19:29:13

I don't recall their sleeping together at all.

But considering the highly ridiculous backtracking they did when they decided that Sonia was actually Callum's mother, making Karl and Sarah sleep together retrospectively would be minor league by Neighbour's standards!

Katz Wed 06-Mar-13 19:45:47

Back in the day it was portrayed as only a kiss but a full blown affair would ave made more sense.

montage Wed 06-Mar-13 20:59:11

He also gave her a lift to the church on her wedding day when the car broke down.

This was seen as massively secret, obviously revealed and a huge betrayal of Susan IIRC.

I think the actress looks strange now as they are trying to style her exactly as she was 15 years ago.

Willabywallaby Thu 07-Mar-13 11:19:55

I wish I could remember this.

montage Thu 07-Mar-13 18:51:17

Willaby,

This is the kiss:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYczKC8ANg

This is Karl driving Sarah to the church (Karl looking very 90s!): www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9HwO7OWmSE

This is Susan confronting Karl:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevV0Cujv7E

Be warned that every neighbours moment ever is on youtube and one may lead to another...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now