Where's neighbours gone?

(601 Posts)
Willabywallaby Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:32

I thought it was having a fortnight off for Christmas but not on today sad

montage Thu 18-Apr-13 20:08:05

I think it's accepted on aussie soaps that due to budgetary considerations, they have to boot some actors as soon as they get new ones.

So Lou's overgrown teenage grandchildren arrive and Priya and Rhys get the sack.

There are 3 more of the regular cast due to leave shortly too.

couch25cakes Thu 18-Apr-13 20:45:49

Thanks all for the advice on kids suitability (electric here with new name). DD and I have watched a couple and she's really enjoying it. I'm trying not to get sucked in!

SpanishFly Thu 18-Apr-13 21:30:48

Couch/electric, I started watching again 8+ yrs ago when I was on maternity leave. Ive watched every episode since (except 2, when our Sky box broke!) You must be drawn in - you wont be disappointed!

KittyMcAllister Thu 18-Apr-13 22:46:12

YY to Rani moving with Karl & Susan. About time they had another waif & stray. I actually thought more people were going to die in the fire [evil mind]. It seemed a lot of build-up just for 2 characters to go. It would be good for Elaine (Rhys's mum) to have her own story lines, characters/ actors who use a wheelchair are actually pretty rare in soaps I think.

montage Fri 19-Apr-13 19:17:14

I think they are going to use the aftermath to get rid of more characters with the storylines that are developing atm.

They've had a few actors in wheelchairs who suddenly recovered so it would be good to have a more realistic scenario.

Katz Mon 22-Apr-13 16:58:14

When are they going to up date the title sequence?

montage Mon 22-Apr-13 19:47:22

I reckon when the next 3 characters are gone. I busy myself during the titles predicting who will be together.

SpanishFly Tue 23-Apr-13 07:49:43

I still don't get why rhys and priya both got erased without much mention. I really didn't want to see funerals particularly but Kyle and Vanessa are the only ones upset in any way about him. And the kapoors are the only ones upset about priya. Oh and paul. I just feel that if you lived in a cul de sac of approx 6 houses (numbered 22-32, bizarrely! ) then you'd all be devastated that two residents died at a young age in a fire at a wedding!

GibberTheMonkey Tue 23-Apr-13 08:07:12

I was surprised by how not upset Kate was about Priya. She was practically her side kick!

TwllBach Tue 23-Apr-13 08:12:56

YY to there being a lot or build up for what feels like a huge anti climax. I don't mind it being low budget, I don't expect big fancy things, but I was quite looking forward to a good cry over seeing them all in black and Vanessa giving Rhys' eulogy, with a stoic but emotional Lucas looking on, and rani standing in the pink dress at her mums graveside, Callum approaching from behind and putting a hesitant hand on her shoulder. Ajay would be under a tree further away, lips trembling, eyes a bit screwed up in an attempt to force some actory tears, hoping Callum can comfort his daughter where he can't.

Paul would, of course, be pictured at home, alone, red faced and angry. Sontag and toadie would break down separately, one to Carl and one to Susan, about how terribly guilty they feel. Especially sonya, as there was all that effort and all that death for an event that she can't remember.

<carried away... Reins it in>

TwllBach Tue 23-Apr-13 08:15:07

Kate's not upset. She's secretly planning Susan's demise, as she is now the only obstacle in Kate's quest to be head teacher before she's even qualified as a teacher.

Katz Tue 23-Apr-13 08:17:06

Got to love a soap death. I thought they got round the funeral bit ok. Sonya being in an coma for 5 days and missing them both. Meant no need to cast parents for Priya and AJ. But agree no one seems to be upset apart from their immediate family. Plus can't believe the school would apt a me head just like that. Most schools have more than 2 teachers so someone internal would 'act up' and then the job go to advert.

Hands up who things TwllBach should take over writing the Neighbours scripts!

<< puts hand up >>

montage Tue 23-Apr-13 13:54:28

"Kate's not upset. She's secretly planning Susan's demise, as she is now the only obstacle in Kate's quest to be head teacher before she's even qualified as a teacher."

So true. Either that or she can't act and it can't be that wink

SpanishFly Tue 23-Apr-13 14:10:34

Anyone watching today's? Paul has new teeth!

montage Tue 23-Apr-13 14:16:31

grin Some of them looking rather more tanned too.

The wedding was the end-of-year finale in Australia before they took their few weeks holiday for Christmas.

I reckon from the looks of them that they shot the aftermath scenes before they broke up and now we are post-break.

SpanishFly Tue 23-Apr-13 15:03:48

yeah, theyre all so upset about whats happened that they needed new teeth and tans. Aw, bless them.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 23-Apr-13 18:24:36

Kate's acting range is so limited, its quite hard to tell if she is 'doing' sad!

TwllBach Tue 23-Apr-13 18:55:27

Whhhhhhhhy is she hugging a pupil, aloooone with a pupil in their house?????

<shoots self>

montage Tue 23-Apr-13 19:40:30

See that's what I suspect now Shipwrecked - the script may well be saying ("Kate-looks devestated") but we would never know.

It's an improvement from when she snogged a pupil Twll, in Kate's terms this is actually progress.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 23-Apr-13 20:05:52

And it's sooo bloody predictable that the used pregnancy test will be found and alsorts of conclusions will be drawn! Yawn!

montage Wed 24-Apr-13 10:58:20

I really can't watch any scenes with Bailey anymore. They write incredibly badly for him. I know they are trying to go for "precocious, mature child" but it's so so dire.

Katz Wed 24-Apr-13 13:15:30

True about bailey they should be having him interact with Callum and rani more they're the same age. In fact I think they should do a shock teen storyline where Rani and Bailey get to together and Rani ends up pregnant. AJ would explode! I thought they might have gone there with Rani and Kyles very annoying cousin but they didn't. I like the idea if a smart kids pregnancy storyline.

ScienceRocks Wed 24-Apr-13 15:54:47

They had the "smart kids get pregnant" storyline quite recently with Bridget and Declan...

Katz Wed 24-Apr-13 16:31:04

Of course forgot about that and I guess going back further with Sky and even further with Phoebe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now