Where's neighbours gone?

(601 Posts)
Willabywallaby Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:32

I thought it was having a fortnight off for Christmas but not on today sad

Indith Thu 11-Apr-13 07:55:32

Did someone say Toadie is getting married? Surely it must be time for Dee to do a Harold then grin. Hope he has learned his lesson about snogging while driving.

BreconBeBuggered Thu 11-Apr-13 09:38:50

Oh, how easy it was to avoid the spoilers in those Bliss-ful times. I was genuinely shocked at Dee and Toady's marriage coming to a watery conclusion before the honeymoon. I'm still a little bit traumatised if I think about that big splash too much. I waited years for her to crawl out of the water, you know.

montage Thu 11-Apr-13 18:57:43

I am still waiting for her to do a Harold. She is obviously wandering around somewhere with Ramsay Street Amnesia. Much like Zeke after his canoeing accident. And Susan when she slipped on some milk.

There was a scene where Libby sat on the beach with Toadie the day before he (didn't) marry Steph (the time it was meant to be real). It was like a repeat of the scene where Libby sat with Toadie while they searched for Dee in the water which was very sad as she had recently lost Drew. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Dee to emerge like an amnesiac mermaid from the waves.

According to FB, Steph is coming back to the street.

Katz Thu 11-Apr-13 23:00:57

So is Steph going to brake up toady and Sonya or Lucas and Vanessa? Do you think she'll have Charlie too or will the script writers have forgotten about him?

montage Fri 12-Apr-13 20:17:37

Bizarrely, the actress who plays Steph has a teenage son who will be playing a new teenage character in Neighbours - nothing to do with Steph AFAIK. The mother of his character will be played by Sophie from Home and Away.

You know you're getting old when teenagers that were older than you in Home and Away are now the mothers of teenagers in Neighbours...

SpanishFly Fri 12-Apr-13 21:22:04

Interesting! And the dad is Brad Willis (played by a different actor than previously) who used to go out with Lauren Carpenter. Fireworks set to happen.

montage Sat 13-Apr-13 10:33:28

Surfer-boy Brad? Aw, so it didn't quite work out with Natalie Imbruglia in the end then?

I'm not sure about this theme of bringing back characters played by different actors. I never feel like the actual character has returned.

Clawdy Sat 13-Apr-13 13:47:58

Perhaps we'll see Billy next...not visited Karl and Susan for many years!

Katz Sat 13-Apr-13 17:11:27

Billy has twins with Anne, they FaceTime or Skype occasionally with Susan and Karl.

TwllBach Sat 13-Apr-13 17:33:34

I am stupidly happy to hear that Billy and Anne are still together grin

Also, when I saw Bruce Willis, I read it as Bruce Willis and got quite excited...

PuffPants Sun 14-Apr-13 03:18:38

It always tickles me the way in soaps no family member ever comes back after they've moved away. Nt for weddings, funerals, major emotional trauma - nothing. I know they can't actually have the actors popping in all the time but you'd think they'd write in the occasional phone call. Other than Billy, nobody ever talks to anyone! Andrew Robinson has never once mentioned his mother back in Scotland. And what about Summer's dad who disappeared? Not even a text?!!

SpanishFly Sun 14-Apr-13 08:53:54

And in Neighbours, each time a character returns they move back to the same (tiny) street as they grew up in! How many people actually do that?

Hang on, if another new family are returning, that means a house must become vacant for them, does it not....?

Katz Sun 14-Apr-13 14:08:41

spanish - i assume Paul gets his planning consent and they get the lassiters penthouse as discussed on friday, leaving his house free. Its obvious that lucas and vanessa aren't going to move back into Ramsey street and will also buy an apartment too. Leaving their 'tardis' house for Lou's family once the mount isa house is sold - i've thought about this far too much!

SpanishFly Sun 14-Apr-13 17:16:04

But don't you think the fire has something to do with paul doing things badly at the complex?

Clawdy Sun 14-Apr-13 17:22:27

Apparently it's something to do with Sonya's wedding bouquet...!!

SpanishFly Sun 14-Apr-13 17:30:53

Oh of course it is.

montage Sun 14-Apr-13 20:10:54

I have seen it and will not offer any spoilers but the bouquet is indeed involved Clawdy.

(In Ireland the episode description on the onscreen tv guide gave the entire thing away just before I watched it hmm)

Katz Sun 14-Apr-13 21:53:35

They said on Friday that the planning wouldn't be passed until the building was up to code, so i guess something's dodgy at lassiters!

It is the wedding tomorrow then in England?

montage Mon 15-Apr-13 19:57:43

Must be as Ireland is 2 episodes ahead and we had it on friday. Am annoyed I cannot discuss the episode I saw today until Wednesday now! grin

Katz Mon 15-Apr-13 20:14:10

Nope no wedding today - looks like Tuesday then. Plus there's a 1 hour special on channel five tomorrow too.

montage Mon 15-Apr-13 20:19:56

I saw that. So you can essentially watch the wedding episode and the aftermath episode in one go at night? That's good as much melodramatic acting fun is had by all in the aftermath.

SpanishFly Mon 15-Apr-13 20:48:22

What time is the 1hr special? I cant see it

BreconBeBuggered Mon 15-Apr-13 21:29:02

10pm, Spanish.

SpanishFly Mon 15-Apr-13 22:08:59

Oooh thanks! Hadn't thought to look so late at night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now