Revenge - new series - E4 - 7th January

(1000 Posts)
difficultpickle Wed 26-Dec-12 12:03:35

My guilty pleasure but I really enjoyed the first series blush

tribpot Tue 08-Jan-13 19:59:10

Fake Amanda is having the same kind of pregnancy as Amidala in Star Wars, where she could run down steps at nine months pregnant.

Charlotte doesn't know that Emily-Amanda is her sister, does she? Does she just think she's on her side because she's best friends with Amanda-Emily?

Isn't Victoria hiding so that the Feds can use her to build the case against Conrad without him having her bumped off again?

TwllBach Tue 08-Jan-13 20:18:36

I thought it was the government keeping Victoria secreted away to try and catch Conrad out?

I also thought that Charlotte was friendly with Emily-Amanda because Emily-Amanda made sure they were friendly when she was with Daniel? Has Charlotte even met Amanda-Emily?

whatkungfuthat Tue 08-Jan-13 20:25:53

I assumed that Victoria had done a deal with white haired man to save herself and get the evidence against him blown up. I thought the govt thing was just a lie she told Emily/Amanda to explain why she wasn't dead as presumably the blonde one with the cheekbones is?

BookFairy Tue 08-Jan-13 20:27:04

Victoria said the Feds were keeping her safe, but I'm not sure... Didn't we see her with The Man With White Hair at the end of the episode (on Nolan's hidden camera)?

Yes I also thought that Emily-Amanda made sure that she was friendly with Charlotte, even before she found out they were sisters.

MunchkinsMumof2 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:57:35

I'm new to rhis prog but can someone explain the Amanda-Emily Emily-Amanda storyline please? I watched the catch up but may have missed crucial bit.

tribpot Tue 08-Jan-13 21:05:49

Munchkins you've missed a pretty key part of the plot, you might want to go and watch the recap episode again.

Basically, the real Amanda (known to everyone as Emily) met the real Emily (er, vice versa) in juvie. As Amanda's dad was notorious, Amanda asked Emily to assume her identity when they left, and in turn took on Emily's identity. Jack was in love with the real Amanda but is so stupid he hasn't realised that Fake Amanda isn't actually her, even though he is still in love with the real Amanda. Fake Amanda reappeared in the middle of the last series to cause trouble, despite the love-hate relationship between her and Real Amanda.

MunchkinsMumof2 Tue 08-Jan-13 22:18:53

Ah, thank you, I was mumsnetting whilst watching the recap, thanks for the info!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 08-Jan-13 22:23:03

I was wondering why Charlotte hasn't gone to fake Amanda as she thinks she's her half sister

Yet instead is very friendly with Emily real Amanda but obv doesn't know that

And would she really tell her Emily that her mum was alive ?

CointreauVersial Tue 08-Jan-13 22:24:12

Now then. I can't remember......

Does Victoria know that Emily is in fact Amanda?

If not, surely white hair guy will tell her?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 08-Jan-13 22:27:20

No she doesn't and sure white man will tell her

InNeatCognac Tue 08-Jan-13 22:27:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 08-Jan-13 22:28:14

Good point - yes her therapist mentioned the postcards

tribpot Tue 08-Jan-13 22:51:35

Good point about the postcards, although it still seems weird to have trusted this mega-secret to your brother's ex-girlfriend.

I hadn't thought Victoria might be lying about the Feds keeping her safe, do we know anything about who the hell White Haired Man is? Except the killer of David Clarke.

How have Ashley and Daniel ended up together? (Except that on Revenge anything is possible, even probable). There wasn't even a hint of frisson in the first series. I would have thought she'd be more like to put the moves on Conrad in order to inherit Victoria's crown.

FrillyMilly Tue 08-Jan-13 23:04:19

Charlotte is pretty messed up though so presumably happy to confide the only person that seemed to show any affection to her.

I assume Daniel and Ashley got together because they are both such utter bores.

TwllBach Tue 08-Jan-13 23:44:06

I assume Daniel and Ashley got together because they are both such utter bores.

gringringrin

tribpot Wed 09-Jan-13 00:03:44

He must realise Ashley's way too clever to be a good trophy wife for him, though - five years, all pre-nup clauses satisfied and out the door.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 09-Jan-13 00:32:58

I think Ashley always wanted him but went for his nutter mate as couldn't have Daniel

Hence why she was thrilled when saw Emily and jack kissing over the dead dog - such a passion killer or not lol

And then blabbed to Daniel - so much for being Emily's best friend as mentioned in the first episode

bloody fickle woman

SlatternismyMiddlename Wed 09-Jan-13 14:50:25

I can't really comment on the storyline of the episode as I was too mesmerised by Nolan! Love the show (in a never know which way it is going to go kind of way).

whatkungfuthat Wed 09-Jan-13 16:16:59

Isn't it typical that they made calculating Ashley a brit?

Let me see....I'm still loving Nolan. Real Amanda's hair is fab. Poor Charlotte. Poor Declan. Ashley is a bitch. Victoria is a bitch, but a clever one. No way is fake Amanda pregnant with Jack's baby.

tribpot Wed 09-Jan-13 20:57:29

Poor Declan is stuck with being the holier-than-thou moral centre of this unbelievable fuck-up, isn't he? I hope the poor sod gets something else to do except make wise-beyond-his-years pronouncements about the conduct of the others.

Marking place, haven't watched Mondays episode yet so trying not to read anything on this thread whilst I type.....grin

MilkshakeMaker Thu 10-Jan-13 20:46:31

I've just found this thread and saw the recap and ep1 this arvo (thank you poorly ds for sleeping all day) need to point out Daniel was also in holby city as a recurring patient too!

What I don't get, is white haired man knows that fake Emily is really Amanda so why is he keeping her secret?

CointreauVersial Thu 10-Jan-13 21:26:33

Exactly, Milkshake! My thoughts exactly.

tribpot Thu 10-Jan-13 22:01:24

So is Revenge not actually an American show but a ££££-spin-off of Holby City? The Hamptons is actually Cardiff Bay?

This thread is not accepting new messages.