Revenge - new series - E4 - 7th January

(1000 Posts)
difficultpickle Wed 26-Dec-12 12:03:35

My guilty pleasure but I really enjoyed the first series blush

whatkungfuthat Fri 04-Jan-13 18:27:26

I've seen the first one of S2, can't remember much about it so I can't wait for it all to get going again.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 07-Jan-13 18:08:18

blondes gets excited

really looking forward to seeing this smile

esp the catch up at 8pm

CointreauVersial Mon 07-Jan-13 18:12:38

Oooh, thanks for the reminder!

I didn't even know about the recap show - what a good idea.

To be honest, I think DH is even more excited about the new series than I am. He's the big fan in this house.grin

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 18:16:01

It's back already ?? I watch loads of E4, and I didn't know it was tonight? How could I have missed that?

Doubt she got on the plane either. She's like a cockroach that one - she's survive anything...

So we have another Brit joining this series - the chap who played Niall in Hollyoaks. Tell me that it's not just me with such a love of crap tv ?

lilacrose Mon 07-Jan-13 19:47:58

Thanks for the info about catch up. Now just have to negotiate who gets to watch TV with DS1 who wants to watch Miranda. Remind me why I thought having only 1 TV in the house was a good idea?
Hope the magnificent Victoria didn't cop it last episode

Love this show far too much for someone who is close to 31.
Brilliantly bonkers wink

difficultpickle Mon 07-Jan-13 21:02:09

bugger, missed catch up but hopefully I'll be able to follow as it isn't as demanding as trying to keep up with Homeland grin

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:04:41

Fellowship - There's an age limit for schlocky tv????

Bugger. And I'm older than you.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:06:22

That was the English bloke - Niall from Hollyoaks. He's the sun that Myra gave away.

And in other exciting Revenge/Hollyoaks crossover news, the chap who plays, erm - that one - her ex, is the brother of the Hollyoaks actress who played Maddie.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:06:52

sun son

tribpot Mon 07-Jan-13 21:16:12

Lots of madness to get us started - and the recap show is well worth it just to hear Nolan camp it up whilst recounting the plot for an hour.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:18:25

Jennifer Jason Leigh in this also? Do you think she's her mother?

tribpot Mon 07-Jan-13 21:25:53

Yup, looks like it from the flashbacks. I heart JJL!

TwllBach Mon 07-Jan-13 21:30:30

Nolan is much prettier this season grin

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:40:07

I really don't get the Takeda thing. Yes, I know it's probably not really to 'get', as in it isn't realistic or logical... But who is he, apart from some kind of revenge/fighty mentor? To make it odder, Takeda is a different actor from Series 1.

I knew she wasn't dead!
Did you know the actor who plays Daniel is an ex of Amy Winehouse and is friends with Kelly Brooks boyfriend?

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 07-Jan-13 21:52:19

Yup. And him and Emily/Amanda are a couple in real life.

sleepdodger Mon 07-Jan-13 21:54:42

Yes whatctime? I'm stick by cot with non sleeping toddler so unless 10pm can't sky+ it :-0

FrillyMilly Mon 07-Jan-13 22:25:59

Was that takeda with Niall from hollyoaks? I thought it was meant to be someone working for takeda. They didn't cast him based on likeness to the first actor. I love this show even if it makes no sense at all. I love Nolan too, I want a billionaire best friend. Ashley needs to be killed off this season.

Who is Jennifer Jason Leigh? <off to google>

BookFairy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:31:27

I found you all!

I don't know anyone in RL who watches it but I love it - the drama, glamorous outfits, shiny hair, Emily kicking ass left right and centre grin

Great opener smile

Lighthousekeeping Tue 08-Jan-13 01:12:32

I love Niall from Hollyoaks.

I'm so glad this is back. I don't know anyone else that watches it. Where has JJL been for the past twenty years?

hattymattie Tue 08-Jan-13 09:45:06

Because I was mumsnetting at the same time I missed the critical moment which explained how come Victoria is now allied with Emily. Can somebody please explain blush

whatkungfuthat Tue 08-Jan-13 13:38:17

Charlotte whispered into Emily's ear when they dragged her back to rehab. She told her where to find Victoria. Emily went to see Victoria supposedly to tell her that Charlotte was being kept in rehab (so that Conrad can control her inheritance) but she was mainly there to fit a hidden camera.

Orenishii Tue 08-Jan-13 18:07:19

Love, love, love this show. I've been naughtily watching s2 online and dh was in the room for an episode - he asked what I was watching and I described it as a "Japanese-y revenge-y thriller" in a bid to make it sound more cool and Tarantino-esque blush

Nolan has some even-more-awesome meta lines this season!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 08-Jan-13 18:39:19

loved the recap with nolan, tho not his hair grin

knew she couldnt be dead tho seems an over the top extreme plan to pretend shes dead so the inheritence goes to charlotte

nasty daddy framing his daughter with drugs test, then again shes not his daughter is she

and sure fake amanda isnt preg with jacks baby, and did you see the ease she got off the bed when emily came into the room,literally bent her back in half - impossible if pregnant so crap acting grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.