Revenge - new series - E4 - 7th January

(1000 Posts)
difficultpickle Wed 26-Dec-12 12:03:35

My guilty pleasure but I really enjoyed the first series blush

bleedingheart Fri 01-Feb-13 07:08:33

I don't trust Padma and I find Emily's attitude towards Fauxmanda uncomfortable, after all she didn't have a great life before they met and she seems to see her as disposable.

Intrigued to see why that bloke wants the bar so much that he staged a burglary etc.

Kara could have been brainwashed. Grey haired man knew who Emily was as when they had their set to he said she fought like her mother.

Oblomov Fri 01-Feb-13 07:14:48

I don't trust Padma at all.
Mind you, is there anyone we trust?

I said as soon as Padma came into Nolan's life that I didn't trust her. I am suspicious of everyone now, bar Nolan and fake Amanda. I am also jealous of Padma kissing Nolan. envy

whatkungfuthat Fri 01-Feb-13 08:03:51

Jack always looks constipated to me, although I like the character. Emily is really quite cold about everyone isn't she? She is never very nice to Nolan and see's pretendy Amanda as a tool at her disposal. I don't like Padma at all, lucky caah for kissing Nolan <cats bum face>

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 08:37:03

I wonder why white haired man never told Vic or Conrad the real identity of Emily.

I mean he was discussing it with Victoria in the hut in the woods, she said that Emily was a liability. weird eh?

of all the secrets kept, I don't know why he didn't share this. just illogical.

grin at constipated Jack!

Oblomov Fri 01-Feb-13 09:46:53

I agree with Amazing. I just don't get why white-haired-man never told Victoria about Emily being the real Amanda.

MurielTheActor Fri 01-Feb-13 10:04:42

How about a Nolan T shirt saying 'Done anything Revenge-y today?'
DD and I now call it 'Revenge-y' grin
Or at the very least a Nolan fan club?

How awful would it be if he turned out to be the mastermind behind EVERYTHING? I might stop watching tv forever if that happened.
<in dramatic mood today>

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 01-Feb-13 10:15:10

i wondered why white haired man didnt reveal emily identity

nolan is rather cute now has a hair cut

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 10:28:45

Muriel grin grin

should really do that t-shirt, with his cheeky grinning face on the back! when he said that we snorted, it was a great line!

or just call it "NOLCORPS" - like a secret gang symbol

(weirdly enough Gabriel Mann looks like an ex, who wanted to marry me but I dumped him, was too controlling . and the ex now has a boy called Gabriel - huh?)

I thought that about being a mastermind too! I really did!
what with the diaries and the money and her aunt worked at GG - a very chilling possibility!shock

MurielTheActor Fri 01-Feb-13 10:50:34

The more I think about it the more it seems likely that Emily is behind it all. She controls The Initiative (ugh HATE The Initiative thing)
I know I'm a few eps ahead and promise I won't do any spoilers but Emily is more and more unlikeable and unscrupulous as the series goes on.
Very clever how she's drawn us into her way of seeing things as being 'right' or at the very least acceptable hmm
I no longer cheer for Emily.
That's all I'm saying...

Muriel I'll be in your Nolan fan club!

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 14:06:54

could Takeda be the head of "the Initiative" ? he looks evil..

diddl Fri 01-Feb-13 14:32:59

What has Takeda got to do with anything?

Why is he helping Emily get revenge?

Ems is losing the plot, I think.

Er hello-Nolan!!

whatkungfuthat Fri 01-Feb-13 14:39:35

Wasn't there an Initiative in Buffy as well? confused

tribpot Sat 02-Feb-13 14:30:28

I feel terrible - I've been delayed in watching Revenge this week and so I've been ignoring this thread when it was coming up in Threads I'm On.

Now I see that I was being summoned for further screenshot duty.

We seem to have covered what the framed pic was that Padma uncovered (her reaction suggests that she is either a baddy or such a goody-two-shoes that she now thinks Nolan's company was started with the proceeds of terrorism and thus she's gonna shop him to the FBI).

We want a picture of the hand and wedding ring of the dodgy bloke who's involved with the burglary / fake inspection of the bar?

There was an Initiative in Buffy too, whatkungfuthat.

Loved Amanda-Emily's fall off the balcony. That could really have happened. NOT.

amazingmumof6 Sat 02-Feb-13 18:16:55

oh tribpot I'm relieved you are back!smile

tribpot Sun 03-Feb-13 13:40:08

Well it's good to be back, amazingmumof6. I had the unusual experience of discovering that I not only know an actual person in real life who also watches Revenge but it's the guy who sits next to me at work shock shock. I thought it was a rule that all Revenge fans had to live in isolation of one another! Anyway, fortunately he is miles ahead of us E4 watchers, using similar techniques to those mentioned above but we do not speak of them. Otherwise we'd be forced to talk about Amanda-Emily and Emily-Amanda etc in front of our colleagues, who would be duly horrified smile

CointreauVersial Sun 03-Feb-13 14:20:09

The superfan in this household is actually DH - he gets very excited on a Monday!

He does work in a department full of women, so it's the hot topic on a Tuesday morning.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Feb-13 19:00:25

indeed, we do not speak of that site !!! grin

its on tomorrow-yipee

amazingmumof6 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:41:25

if you know the answer, please shush, but if you don't - who thinks Fauxmanda is going to die in tomorrow's episode?

I know she has internal bleeding and is in a coma, but that could be easily cured by Lemsip, lots of fluids and putting your feet up - no?

tribpot Sun 03-Feb-13 20:49:42

No way - if Amanda-Emily was gonna die, she would have done so in that spectacularly realistic fall off the balcony (amazingly, that railing disappeared in the manner of a Hogwarts staircase when she got too close to it! And then re-formed afterwards so it looked like something no-one could possibly fall over simply by grabbing a cheque a bit enthusiastically, even in ludicrous heels a pregnant woman wouldn't wear).

Much better to keep her alive in a coma for a few weeks, whilst the lovely JJL reveals that she, too, is suffering from the strange neurological condition preventing people from realising which one of the two actually is Amanda (it is known as Jack's Disease).

Drama-comas last for any amount of time which is deemed convenient for the plot, and then are instantly cured so that the coma victim can spring back to life at an inopportune moment. Perhaps with a convenient, yet partial, loss of memory? So perhaps she will wake thinking she really is Amanda?

amazingmumof6 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:11:03

like the smell of amnesia in the air! good call, tribpot!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Feb-13 22:52:05

Hmmm can't kill her off - yet

So a coma sounds good smile

And yes those shoes / who the hell wears that High when preg

Oblomov Mon 04-Feb-13 20:33:28

Even I, who have the prediction skills of a gnat, saw Amanda falling from the balcony, losing the cheque, in those ridiculously high heels. I thought Amandas chq was going to be used by Jack, but no that now seems silly, because they slimey FALSE robbery bloke wouldn't be able to buy bar. Just as I show a glimmer of hope re my detective skills, my second one proves i am indeed useless at this guessing malarkey smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.