Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - Sign in for your chance to...

(1001 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sat 15-Dec-12 14:44:34

- sit on the lap of the character of your choice. (I think you'll find Kevins is already taken). grin

- get a home visit. (Almost guaranteed whatever your ailment)

- have Jimmi, Heston or practically anyone else provide free detective work.

...or you could just wait around to be screamed at by Gobby.

How can you resist? grin

To explain to any newbies <arf>, this is a very friendly thread that welcomes any fans of the afternoon soap called 'Doctors'.

I'll post the list of commonly used acronyms in a minute but they aren't compulsory, honest!

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 15:35:51

hummph. saw about 5 minutes, and kept getting harrassed. Gave up,and will attempt to watch later.

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 15:59:37

Oh yes, I know that feeling. I have got one DC doing crafts, and the other 2 monopolising the TVs.

I am being forced to watch Nickelodeon and have to remind myself I was once an annoying teenager like the people on Nick all seem to be

Well, we are home, got back on time but no one could find the Sky remote control, we had masses of unpacking and washing to sort out and now DH has buggered off shopping and the DCs are forcing me to listen to Gangnam Style at top volume while they act out Strictly Moshi Monster Come Dancing. Will be watching on Iplayer tonight I think.

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 16:15:24

I am very tired. I can't be bothered looking for the remote- and appear to be watching a 'quiz' show based on those push-penny arcade machines. Called 'tipping point' <clevergrin> With Ben Shepherd. It is very wtfgrin

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 16:17:07

ds got a walky talky off one of his mates for his birthday. Dd1 really hasn't got the hang of it,and is just yelling down the stairs. Is it Monday yet?

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 16:53:46

grin at Gangnam Style and Moshi Monsters. Add Bin Weevils to the mix and that's pretty much my life at the moment.

Raahh I banned walkie talkies years ago. Work of the devil when you have young ones.

My ex-h bough my DD a karaoke machine hmm. I don't think he likes me very much grin

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 16:54:28

bought not bough! FFS

<sigh>

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 17:52:17

Going to attempt to watch it now, but doubt I'll be able to watch it all before I'm interrupted.

Had my hair cut today - 5 inches off. Been home nearly two hours and neither DH or DD has noticed. Clearly they pay me a lot of attention. hmm

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 18:03:30

He's freaky.

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 18:06:59

Oh, topical. sad

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 18:28:04

The mum has been in this before, hasn't she? No surprise there, I suppose.

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 18:49:01

MsN- a karaoke machine?? grin poor you!

My dad had to be warned off buying ds a harmonica. A HARMONICA!! I think he is re-living 'toys I didn't get in my youth'. My grandpa was a wise mangrin

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 19:18:32

Raahh I've had all that. Harmonicas, a mini drum kit, recorders (oh my word, they were on the top of the fridge within an hour!), whistles, tamborines, ocarinas. My Mum tried to send them back from her house with a party blower each last week. shock

I think I'm a bit cruel! grin.

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 19:20:02

And guitars...I forgot the guitars. That was a bad Christmas.

It's known as the 'turn it down and banned to the garage' Christmas of 2011.

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 19:26:30

I stupidly bought dd1 a recorder for her birthday. We lost it, sadlysadgrin

I am the evil mother who removes batteries from noisy toys. grin

Oh, yes, recorders. The ONLY thing DD asked Father Christmas for this year. We have had a temproary respite by "accidentally" leaving it at Grandma's house last week, but it is in the post on the way back sad.

Raahh Thu 03-Jan-13 21:37:08

Who - the post is shite at this time of year...it might go missing in transit...grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 22:52:46

Oh dear, I've watched Celeb Big Brother. That means I'm going to be hooked all series. blush

DH just gone to bed. Still hasn't noticed my hair. When I left the house earlier I had long very curly hair and when I returned I had it just on my shoulders and straight. Mind you, I've decorated rooms before and he hasn't noticed.

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 03-Jan-13 22:54:11

My mum bought DD a bloody bow and arrow for Christmas (from Brave). I think that will go missing before the week is out.

MsNobodyAgain Thu 03-Jan-13 23:31:38

I think the bow and arrow wins the prize for the most WTF Christmas present.

Re the hair, my ex and DCs never noticed when I had mine cut. It is very disappointing though.

Almost as disappointing as having to return my Nexus which has failed spectacularly after less than a week. sad

MsNobodyAgain Fri 04-Jan-13 09:01:16

Just watching. Mrs T has got one of her nicer wigs on. smile

MsNobodyAgain Fri 04-Jan-13 09:29:39

Well, that was a tad depressing but not BAH for a change.

Raahh Fri 04-Jan-13 12:55:27

Well I caught up finally- last night. Was an ok episode. Took me ages to realise the curly haired bloke used to be in Heartbeat. And the mother was Ted Robbins' sister. I could never stand Ted Robbins, and his 'I'm Paul McCartney's cousin' crap. grin There was a time when they were on local tv all the bloody time.

Am knackered today. DD2 decided to wake up a 3 (when dh got up) and scream herself blue for the next 3 hours. I need a good wtf episode to cheer me up.

MsNobodyAgain Fri 04-Jan-13 13:01:25

That sounds grim Raahh. I'm waiting for my Mum to take 2 DCs to the cinema. The film starts in 15 mins and she's not here yet. Talk about cutting it fine!

Raahh Fri 04-Jan-13 13:49:06

was that bloke a ghost?

This thread is not accepting new messages.