Is anyone watching Girls

(10 Posts)
Pickles77 Thu 13-Dec-12 13:29:54

Awww I can't get that!

YouCanBe Wed 12-Dec-12 21:45:56

The characters definitely aren't easy to like, but I appreciate that fact! Many people in their early twenties are annoying idiots. Self-destructive, entitled, deluded, won't leave bad relationships...

Sky Atlantic Pickles, but it has been on for a few weeks now.

Pickles77 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:30:55

What channel? I need something new to sink my teeth into

Watching it now. I can't like it though. I am trying!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 12-Dec-12 15:57:14

who is amber and bitch cock grin

i do watch girls, not sure why as find it weird, shes so obv mentally and emotionally abused by her boyfriend sad

topsyturner Wed 12-Dec-12 13:36:36

Ok , I've woken up now and realised I misread the thread title .
<backs slowly out of room>

anonacfr Wed 12-Dec-12 12:33:48

Am I the only one who hates it? There was a thread back when it started and I mentioned how much I didn't like it.
I'm weirdly still watching it and still finding it pretentious and self indulgent.

I hate the character of Hannah so much I live in hope that horrible things are going to happen to her.

The others are annoying and vapid- aside from Shoshanna- she was endearing when high on crack.

I still can't figure out if we're meant to like any of them or if they're deliberately unpleasant and entitled. All I can think while watching it is 'die, hipster, die'.

Ok rant over. What can I say I am suffering from Walking Dead withdrawal. I miss Darryl. grin

topsyturner Wed 12-Dec-12 10:25:18

Yes , and I have loved it !
Love Amber and Miss Bitch-cock grin

YouCanBe Wed 12-Dec-12 10:24:17

Weirdly I am watching it right now. I really rate it!

NotMostPeople Wed 12-Dec-12 10:13:27

I think its the best thing on tv in ages, It's like a gritty sex in the city. None of the glamour but lots of moments to identify with (back in the day).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now