Watching British TV abroad

(9 Posts)
DejaB00 Mon 10-Dec-12 16:19:25

Please can somebody help?
Is there any way I can watch Corrie, Emmerdale, Strictly and Xmas TV while I'm at my mum's in France for 2 weeks?? We will have access to wifi.

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Mon 10-Dec-12 16:23:47

I watched last night's X Factor final this morning on tv links eu.

You can't watch it live, but I watch everything the day after. It has gerzillions of programmes.

I used to use vpnuk proxy server thingy but it was faffy and not free.

NatashaBee Mon 10-Dec-12 16:30:10

I use a VPN connection set up on my ipad to access bbc iplayer/itv player/4od. We use IBVPN which is a paid for service (not sure if it's available in France), there are plenty of free ones about. You just need to configure the connection in your settings, then set VPN to 'on' before opening the iplayer app.

vjg13 Mon 10-Dec-12 16:46:49

Use the Filmonplus app on ipad.

DejaB00 Tue 11-Dec-12 13:58:59

Thanks for you replies.
vjg I can't find the app?
thursday I've signed up to tv links but am unable to watch anything. If I click watch or download a pop up window opens to an advert for something else.

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Wed 12-Dec-12 06:27:10

I never signed up to tv links. Wonder if it is the same one tv-links.eu? Just go to homepage, search your programme and then it should give you a list of possible "places" where the vids have been uploaded. You do get a few pop ups but just close them down.

LadybirdsAreFab Wed 12-Dec-12 06:28:50

I haven't tried it but there is an app called 'TVcatchup' , friends swear by it.

vjg13 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:43:26

Go on the filmonplus website and download. It's excellent for all the freeview channels.

vjg13 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:45:09

Sorry, it's just called filmon now. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now