Strictly Come Dancing 2012: Thread 6 - all sequins and tafeta and NOOO gossipy stuff getting in the way.

(878 Posts)
TheOriginalPan Sun 09-Dec-12 21:16:23

There.

Biscuitsandtinsel Tue 11-Dec-12 20:51:12

Just coming in to mark my place on this thread too smile

TheOriginalPan Tue 11-Dec-12 21:42:53

I think Nick's "friend for life" was a ref. to Michael, I think. He'd also made a nasty ref. to Natalie's hair colour which was so off. Karen really wouldn't need a 'friend' like Nick? And her pro- challenge was great wasn't it? And someone's note that in those circs there is no need to do a slow-mo to analyse her count.grin
Dying to see the butcher in the glittery shirt on i-player.

Horsemad Tue 11-Dec-12 21:48:25

The butcher was hilarious grin

ppeatfruit Wed 12-Dec-12 08:49:15

The pro challenges are a bit hmm IMO The only interesting element is to see what type of shoes the pros choose to do it in. Did anyone see Robin (I think) in huge trainers! how daft was that! I don't think anyone has worn the proper tap type shoes (I may be wrong i haven't seen them all)

Qh also how kind or otherwise CRH is (he seems much nicer to the girls!)

I liked the butcher too Horsemad

digerd Wed 12-Dec-12 17:09:03

Aliona's kick ball changes looked odd to me, and Karen's too precise and dainty - and slow. I liked Natalie's. But love everything Nat does. Looking forward to Flavia's and Vincent's

digerd Wed 12-Dec-12 19:06:51

ITT Wednesday.
Louis doing the Foxtrot and Jive on Saturday
Saw part of DVOs training and her Rumba as expected looks good - Ian said this will be her best dance.

RedTinsel Wed 12-Dec-12 20:37:57

Aliona hasn't done the Pro challenge yet has she? Reckon Flavia will Win.

ppeatfruit Thu 13-Dec-12 08:24:25

Thinking about Louis, who's coming over much more of a human now, I reckon him and Flavia will win the whole show!! His dancing is now so good. Of course the gym training has helped his suppleness! grin

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 09:49:44

Red
I got the name wrong < not surprised > it was Erin.
Last night, Vincent didn't do as well as expected, and slowed down towards the end and looked as if he got cramp He went down on the floor and went off on his hands and knees.

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 10:00:26

ppeat
Ian said Louis should point his toes in the Jive flicks, and needs more bounce. Haven't seen much if any of his Foxtrot in training yet. I love a man to have big hands, hope Louis holds them more gracefully in the foxtrot though, especially for Craig.

AndiMac Thu 13-Dec-12 10:52:08

Thumb tucked in! For Louis dahling.

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 13:24:21

More worried for Louis in his Jive, as his gymnastics can't help there with the fast bouncy footwork. And the expression of the Jive in the shoulders and arms must reflect the vivacious style , in other words he must let himself go and throw himself into it, more than in the Charleston. Perhaps the ingenious Flavia will have something choreographed to show off his strengths - more like rocknroll perhaps, but Craig and Len may not be happy? Fingers crossed for Louis.

ScatterGotStuckUpTheChimney Thu 13-Dec-12 15:45:04

I thought his jive would look better than it was doing actually. I suppose that might have only been Tuesday though, so I'm sure it'll be fine by Saturday. I don't really like the rock'n'roll style jives (was it Nicky who did one?) I think since ballroom jive is actually 'defined' iyswim they should stick to doing it properly.

I sometimes wonder if it might be better if they could only use syllabus/restricted steps...more focus on the technique than all the tricks.

frankinsensible Thu 13-Dec-12 16:37:05

I think his jive will have shaped up through the week but probably not his strongest dance. I hope Flavia won't rely on him throwing in gymnastic tricks - makes me cringe a bit and seems to get up the judges noses too.

Nice to hear Ian make a special mention about Vincent's choreography for the fusion - absolutely brilliant and should have got 40.

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 17:44:18

Can't remember and neither could ZOE always, who shall we see doing the kick ball change tonight? Flavia or one other .

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 18:46:35

It was Pasha and Flavia and FLAVIA WON, yeahhh

awaynboilyurheid Thu 13-Dec-12 19:15:44

so want Flavia and louis to win SCD why is it craig always scores them so low last sat their dance every bit as good as kimberly's it can't just be his thumbs!

frankinsensible Thu 13-Dec-12 19:27:13

Craig is very often unpleasant towards the handsome male celeb dancers - he was nasty to Scott Maslen, Matt di Angelo and Tom Chambers as I recall. His remark to Nicky last week about having to do his dance again was really bitchy.

MsInterpret Thu 13-Dec-12 19:45:26

Anyone else really enjoying the Karen/Ian segments on ITT where they explain the history of the dances? I guess lots of you already know tons but I knew nothing about the origins of the Argentine Tango for example.

Wish I'd watched Strictly when those two were regular pros.

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 20:18:34

That was so funny about the Argentine Tango, wasn't it. <grin>

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 20:30:31

MsInterpret
look up on Google -Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash on Strictly 2006.
A feast for your eyes!

Frankelstein Thu 13-Dec-12 20:46:59

Karen & Mark's AT is tied with Darren & Jill's Jive as the best ever dance on SCD grin

Frankelstein Thu 13-Dec-12 20:48:05

BTW, Len is doing a TV programme on the history of Ballroom dance over Christmas. It's on BBC4 on 27th December.

MsInterpret Thu 13-Dec-12 21:17:09

Ooh thanks everyone!

I've watched the Karen/Ramps clip before. I like it but I think a big part of loving the dances (for me, probably because I'm not a dancer) is knowing the couple and their story/history/journey.

I kind of can't imagine karen or Ian just being 'ordinary' pros because they're so authoritative and knowledgeable on ITT. Not that other pros wouldn't be I suppose, just that their egos seem more removed' and I enjoy hearing proper critique of the dances and discussion of technique which you don't get much of from the other pros (because they're too busy training/trying to make sure the public will vote for them) or, for that matter, the judges, sadly.

Biscuitsandtinsel Thu 13-Dec-12 21:20:27

So how many kick ball changes did flavia and pasha do? I saw that f won but didn't see the final leaderboard confused?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now