Last Tango In Halifax

(93 Posts)
SpanishFly Wed 05-Dec-12 13:52:44

Anyone been watching this? I didn't think I'd enjoy it much but it's so sweet and heartwarming. I'm thoroughly enjoying it smile

theliverpoolone Wed 19-Dec-12 22:31:49

And Anne Reid (Celia) is 77 shock. I thought she was younger than that. She looks great (and not artificially).

iseetinselandtantrums Wed 19-Dec-12 22:33:29

Brilliant TV. All our bookclub has been hooked.

iseetinselandtantrums Wed 19-Dec-12 22:34:22

Would not have guessed 77. Good on her for still turning up for the day job.

wishful - no it ended right after that, but the best bit was that the announcer said there's a new series of it in the New Year! So from that I assume he recovers and they get married!

CuriousMama Wed 19-Dec-12 22:38:45

It was fantastic smile

Wishful did you hear her say that'll come in handy as you'll know the Queen of Sheba? then derek was in fits of giggles.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 19-Dec-12 22:43:46

smile new series that's fab news thanks- really enjoyed the series Best thing on Telly this winter

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 20-Dec-12 00:55:36

Yes - it has definitely been the best thing on TV for a very very long time, I'm really pleased there's a second series - I wonder when it will be on? This time next year at the earliest I suppose <bugger>

CuriousMama Thu 20-Dec-12 00:58:27

iwasyoungonce said it'll be in the NY?

cheeseslovesme Thu 20-Dec-12 13:18:23

I love it, great acting from all the cast. There should be more dramas like this on tv, i much prefer it to all this reality stuff we are bombarded with smile

clangermum Thu 20-Dec-12 16:06:22

Just loved the way the beaten-up-guy Paul was in the background of so many scenes where important dialogue was going on - almost surreal

clangermum Thu 20-Dec-12 16:08:56

But what will Caroline think when she finds out Gillian bedded John?

Just laugh it off maybe, now she's happy. See it as Gillian using John for sex, rather than the other way round.

I really like the relationship growing between her and Gillian.

gypsyfloss Thu 20-Dec-12 18:44:21

Paul was very funny, like a one man Greek chorus.
I also loved how Gillian invited Robbie for dinner and Paul was there too. It makes me think of her sheep, she just gathers them all together and assumes that after a few leader of the pack type arguments they'll all get along smile

LittleBairn Thu 20-Dec-12 18:51:56

I found Paul funny too, he was just randomly 'there' at some points with a wtf face. grin

Didn't catch the announcement for the new series so pleased there is morpcos come it did feel like there was a lot more left to the storylines.

EllieArroway Fri 21-Dec-12 10:59:47

Best thing that's been on TV for years. Loved it.

Would be amazed if Anne Reid &/or Sarah Lancashire don't get BAFTAs. The whole cast was brilliant, but they shone smile

3littlefrogs Fri 21-Dec-12 11:06:44

The acting was brilliant. So many times there was so much in the facial expressions; words would have been superfluous.

I think it worked so well because it was set "up north". There is something about the landscape and the character of the people that just makes it all believable.

You could see that the actors were all enjoying it too.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 21-Dec-12 13:43:28

Just finished watching it, what a great series. Where have i seen Paul's mum before?

tblzebra Sun 03-Feb-13 10:29:12

Here's a blog showing Last Tango in Halifax filming locations:

mcrtourguide.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/last-tango-in-halifax-filming-locations/

Not many in Yorkshire! hmm

tblzebra Wed 06-Feb-13 23:22:48

More locations - all used for Skipton:
mcrtourguide.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/last-tango-in-halifax-skipton/

Some ARE in Yorkshire! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now