The Good Wife?

(279 Posts)
gilmoregirl Tue 27-Nov-12 18:33:46

Does anyone know if we will get the new series of the Good Wife in the UK?

It usually starts about this time of year but I have not seen any mention of it this year sad

HalleLouja Sat 13-Apr-13 09:29:35

I am happy to use Will for sex if she isn't interested grin.

DinoSnores Sat 13-Apr-13 10:26:34

The character is called ElsBeth, rather than ElsPeth, but I agree it is a lovely name. It is a Scottish version of Elizabeth, and I would have loved to have used it but it really wouldn't work with our surname.

LadyMountbatten Sat 13-Apr-13 10:36:27

BEST EPISODE ever this week

YoniOneWayOfLife Sat 13-Apr-13 19:05:51

The actor that plays Diane is very good at subtle comedy.

Peter on the other hand is just greasy and why on earth would she go there?

tribpot Sat 13-Apr-13 19:06:02

I did wonder if they were deliberately over-pronouncing the name, to make the point that it is Elsbeth rather than Elspeth. But figured a nation that can't even say Bernard properly didn't have much chance of getting Elspeth right wink

Bue Sat 13-Apr-13 19:55:38

That episode was AMAZING. The doping court was absolute comedy and I am so excited that Elsbeth will be representing Eli - she is going to drive him mental grin

Diane was also wonderful as usual - but why was she speaking in a fake English accent? confused I think the peppering of French throughout was confusing her!

tribpot Sat 13-Apr-13 20:02:08

I think Diane had moved herself up the social scale a few notches when she discovered her fine command of the French language.

northender Sun 14-Apr-13 09:15:15

The whole sex with Peter thing is just YUK!!

AllOverIt Sun 21-Apr-13 08:03:25

Any one watch this week's episode. I thought it was a corker...

tribpot Sun 21-Apr-13 08:10:22

Yep, liked it. Although I notice that Alicia still had to get in a one-liner about wanting to shag Peter. Is this the new 'Kalinda's Husband', the storyline no-one wants to see?

Always good to see the Fox in action, but the whole 'get the fourth years to buy in to the failing business' thing is a bit evil. If any of them can raise 600 grand (other than by asking their rich but hideous husbands) they can't afford to risk it on a company in bankruptcy but they can't afford to turn the partnership offer down either sad

diddl Sun 21-Apr-13 09:21:42

Eli & Elsbeth-can`t wait!!!

Love,love, love Alan Cumming!

AllOverIt Sun 21-Apr-13 12:05:57

I loved Diane's face as she watched Alicia fake her way round the room. She's such a good actress.

I thought last week's episode (French speaking Olympic one) was fantastic and then this week's was just as good!

Agree, Alicia is crazy to go back to hubby, think something happened to make her want (last season) but can't remember what it was? Him getting kids into a good school? Sounds crazy but I think something happened to make her like him again (???).

YoniOneWayOfLife Thu 25-Apr-13 21:46:29

Whoops grin

This is really getting good again!

northender Thu 25-Apr-13 23:37:37

Thought tonight's episode was fab.

BOF Thu 25-Apr-13 23:39:49

It was great- I thought Cary was lovely in it.

SpringMoreLikeSag Fri 26-Apr-13 19:15:07

Ooh ooh ooooh! What was that look that Alicia exchanged with Carey right at the end of the episode at the end of the congratulations? Is something afoot?

BOF Fri 26-Apr-13 20:08:09

I think he was just wishing her well and feeling sad that they wouldn't be setting up together. She was probably feeing a bit shifty for behaving like a backstabbing worm.

Dozer Fri 26-Apr-13 21:16:19

I have been naughtily reading spoilers, season finale on sunday in the states, am going to have to find out what happens!

IMO she should help peter to win the election, then go back to the lovely will.

Am v envious of her office power wardrobe and looks, despite never being seen at the gym, maybe it's the unrequited love / tequila that does it!

tribpot Sat 27-Apr-13 16:42:29

Alicia and Cary setting up a rival firm (backed by Michael J Fox?) would be epic.

On the other hand, Alicia and Will back together, even if it means enduring more scenes of her shagging in toilet cubicles, has to be a good thing.

Oh Alicia, no no no no no no.... don't walk all over Cary he is tooooo cute.

can't believe the firm are being so shitty, think Cary and Alicia would kick ass!!

Yes, it is getting better and better....

Elspeth rock, if I were in trouble I would want her on my side.....

AllOverIt Sun 28-Apr-13 20:19:35

Just caught up with this.

Can't believe Alicia shat on Carey, well I can believe it as she's a lawyer and they're pretty ruthless generally, but still. It's CAREY. I LOVE HIM blush

tribpot Mon 29-Apr-13 12:15:56

We surely can't imagine that Cary wouldn't have done the same - the guy is a total weasel after all. But they must have discussed with the other fourth years what to do if the partners tried to pull off a 'divide and conquer'. Plus there was always the risk that Alicia would get the nod purely for being married to the reptilian Peter.

Quenelle Mon 29-Apr-13 12:32:00

I'm really enjoying this season now.

I was surprised at the turn of events last week. But I did roll my eyes when she and Will did that passionate, mid-argument snog. It was very cliched.

It's a shame she and Will have been set against each other again, I like both characters. But maybe they want us to see that Alicia Florrick actually has a ruthless, ambitious side to her character?

Maybe one day, not this season or next, but soon, Alicia Florrick will run for Governor...?

Quenelle Mon 29-Apr-13 12:32:44

Not Will, Carey. I like Alicia and Carey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now