The Good Wife?

(279 Posts)
gilmoregirl Tue 27-Nov-12 18:33:46

Does anyone know if we will get the new series of the Good Wife in the UK?

It usually starts about this time of year but I have not seen any mention of it this year sad

LornaEds Mon 25-Mar-13 13:57:09

I really enjoyed Mad Dogs, didn't realise it was back on so thanks for that Spanishfly.
Marc Warren was great in the first series, although I preferred John Simm myself!

SpanishFly Mon 25-Mar-13 16:53:08

Yes it's worth watching. The first series was better than the second, but you'd need to watch from the start as it's quite a complex storyline.
Ive just checked the sky schedules and Pick TV are showing the first episode of the first series on Thursday, so possibly they're repeating the lot before series 3 starts

SpanishFly Mon 25-Mar-13 16:54:00

Lorna, I preferred him too - I hadnt found him attractive til I saw him in Mad Dogs

great story last week.

Nospringchickendipper Fri 29-Mar-13 13:44:16

Did anyone watch last nights episode,do you think Kalinda has done something to her husband.

She was sure he wouldn't come back.

Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 14:17:04

I hope so. Then we'll never have to see him again grin

Loved that it was Jackie looking up the condoms- that poor carer!

SpanishFly Fri 29-Mar-13 15:01:12

Stockard Channing's plastic surgery! !! Horrendous.

LornMowa Fri 29-Mar-13 15:04:58

Perhaps I'm not very tuned into American sensibilities but did anyone think that it seemed very out of character for Alicia to get so worried that someone was ChumHumming (Their name for Googling) condoms?

Are Americans so protective of their children that they don't think it appropriate for children who are well into their teens to know about such things?

nailak Fri 29-Mar-13 15:08:16

She didn't have an issue with them googling condoms, she just wanted to talk to her kids about sex if they were planning to have sex.

tribpot Fri 29-Mar-13 20:06:05

Yup, far too much plot just to push Kalinda's husband off a bridge or something. Don't know, don't care - they can drag it back up as a murder plot being investigated by the FBI or summat in a few series time.

Is the whole 'two people being tried AND found guilty' thing actually plausible? Wouldn't the other's guilty verdict immediately nullify the first? I don't think the moral dilemma of defending the guilty client was very well explored, given they've only just seen Bishop banged up.

Bue Fri 29-Mar-13 21:33:54

Soooo... where do you think Kalinda hid the body?

Spanish, yes Stockard Channing looks tragic! Such a waste sad

I didn't understand how two people could be concurrently tried for the same crime at all. Is this some weird American quirk of justice?

And FWIW I thought it was quite in character for Alicia to be worried about condom googling. I don't think she's a 'right on' mom who would be thrilled with her kids having sex, I think she's pretty conservative when it comes to the kids.

BOEUF Fri 29-Mar-13 21:38:45

Jackie's carer is so after a big bequest in her will. It will be a tough gig if Alicia opposes it though.

I don't give a shit if Kalinda killed her husband, as long as we never have to see him again. She should have done it weeks ago: he was about as menacing as a 12 year old after your dinner money.

northender Fri 29-Mar-13 23:03:13

And what about Will and the ex army woman?? How will Alicia react to them getting close? Quick comment to mark my place!

BOEUF Fri 29-Mar-13 23:50:40

Oh, they are definitely going to get it on! Alicia seems to be giving her marriage a go though. God knows why- he is quite repulsive.

HappyDogRedDogToss Sun 31-Mar-13 21:52:28

Will and Amanda Peet seemed to be using that trial as emotional foreplay. I didn't get the two trials thing either, and I didn't like the way Will went for it knowing the guy was guilty.

Luckily that's the last we'll see of Kalinda's husband- perhaps she'll regain control of her accent without him distracting her.

Bajas Fri 05-Apr-13 12:40:24

Cracking episode last night. Love Michael J Fox's character and looks like he'll be in it for a while to come grin

northender Fri 05-Apr-13 18:02:52

I thought this was easily the best episode this series so far. I'm loving the different dynamic this series with Lockhart Gardner so much on the back foot. It started a bit last series with the Will suspension story but much more so this time round.

tribpot Tue 09-Apr-13 22:52:01

The return of the Fox. LOVE IT. Would have been a nice touch if his real wife had played his telly wife in this ep but hey ho.

Surprised Alicia wasn't more suspicious of why she seemed to have the upper hand in the whole encounter with Canning. They never really win against him.

Evil Lewis Canning!! Northerner yes agree it was the best or at least one of the best this season.

Such lovely scenery.

Nasty meanies, lovely Cary, helpful Kalinda arriving with a bottle of wine and no sadistic hubby, Alicia looking radient and a cracking case. What more could we want. Except maybe Cary doing some sport work out as well!

polyhymnia Thu 11-Apr-13 12:52:53

Have only picked this up in this series and am loving it. Reasonably easy to work out who's who and a bit of their back stories.

Must say I agree that Alicias husband/ex is repulsive. Am one of the few people in the world who didn't really watch Sex and the City but I presume that if SJP was so keen on him, he was a bit more attractive in that??

tribpot Thu 11-Apr-13 20:58:21

He wasn't as repulsive in that, although it was a somewhat baffling relationship in that she chucked away a good man because Big came a-calling. Fortunately they managed to pair her up with someone truly appalling (not to mention up his own arse) in the final series, so you were rooting for Big to come and rescue her smile As for the films, we Do Not Speak Of Them.

I think he's good at playing that kind of politician - somewhat old school now, a bit too obviously in love with himself. But steely and not afraid of a good old barney. God knows what Alicia sees in him - perhaps they will play the same trick and pair her up with someone appalling so we want Big/Peter to come and save her, too!

tribpot Fri 12-Apr-13 22:45:46

Always good to see Elspeth making an appearance! Mad as ever but sharp as a razor.

northender Sat 13-Apr-13 07:21:23

Agreed. Elspeth and Eli should be entertaining.

tribpot Sat 13-Apr-13 07:22:53

I don't get why Alicia seems to be using Peter for sex at the moment. Why not Will?!

Loved all the Olympic nonsense, I was worried at first when they said 'this isn't like American court' that it was just going to be like when they do military court and have no idea how to handle it. But very entertaining in a silly way.

sarahandemily Sat 13-Apr-13 07:41:40

Loved it this week, especially elspeth (what a great sounding name - think I might name change to it). Peter is looking really rough these days he was never my type but I could see that others might find him attractive but now. Eurgh - sweaty, losing his hair, flabby. What is Alicia doing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now