brucie oh dear!

(49 Posts)
Hattie11 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:09:58

I have to confess that I sometimes catch myself chuckling at his jokes.....but I cannot rustle even a smile when he pulls tess into him at the beginning if every show.

Is it just me? Or is it really really wrong. Made even more cringey when tess attempts to giggle in a hugely embarrassed way.

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Nov-12 20:29:21

Justfabulous There's fear in Tess's eyes when he dances with grabs her; a lot of people think the same on the SCD thread. It's not just me.

ToffeeCaramel Thu 29-Nov-12 10:05:01

If Tess is scared of him because he grabs her then she needs to report what the problem is. Until then he should probably be presumed innocent.

JustFabulous Thu 29-Nov-12 13:50:46

Why don't you just say what you are alluding too instead of being coy.

They seem very close friends to me and I think they are a great partnership.

iseenodust Thu 29-Nov-12 14:00:17

Time to go. I think Tess often tries to disguise that she doesn't find half his jokes funny.

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 16:25:32

Does anyone find his jokes funny? he can't even read them properly off his notes or the autocue and usually 'fluffs' the punchline . It wouldn't matter if it was once or twice but it's ALL the time; the poor man is too old let him go.

Someone on the SCD thread has said can you see them employing an 84 yr old woman in the same capacity?

Chopstheduck Thu 29-Nov-12 16:30:54

He was in front of me in Costco once, with his wife, and housekeeper. Held me up, because his wife wandered off with his payment card. He was very nice, polite, nothing creepy about him at all imo. He did seem rather ageing though, and a bit doddery. I think really it's impressive how well he does do on tv, considering he is 84 and not really that fit any more!

putonyourredshoes Thu 29-Nov-12 16:33:38

In Costco? With his housekeeper?

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 16:42:00

I don't think he's creepy just sexist as most men of his age are and past it grin

Clawdy Thu 29-Nov-12 16:51:04

Tess has a permanently fixed uncomfortable smile on her face when she is with BF. Embarrassing.

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 17:04:54

Exactly clawdy

Chopstheduck Thu 29-Nov-12 18:33:54

He lives a few miles away from me, and it was reading Costco. I guess everyone shops! I recognised his wife before him actually.

ToffeeCaramel Thu 29-Nov-12 18:37:36

Not read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but how old was Arlene Philips when she was put out to grass?

putonyourredshoes Thu 29-Nov-12 18:43:45

Still though - taking your housekeeper to Costco. You have to agree that's funny.

Chopstheduck Thu 29-Nov-12 18:55:18

She was in a documentary about him, which is why I recognised her. Apparently she has worked for him for years and he seemed to have a lot of respect for her really, and I think she is more of a PA than just a housekeeper.

ppeatfruit Fri 30-Nov-12 09:02:00

Arlene Philips ! (I was trying to remember her name) she was MUCH younger than B.F. that's for sure ToffeeCaramel. She would make a good presenter or Angela Rippon.

ToffeeCaramel Fri 30-Nov-12 09:23:53

It looks like she was 66, although the BBc deny that she was replaced because of her age.

ppeatfruit Fri 30-Nov-12 12:40:22

There's no retirement age now is there? It looks like they'll carry B.F. off in a box !

putonyourredshoes Fri 30-Nov-12 19:23:03

christ - like Tommy Cooper can you imagine.

Please please please tell me I'm not the only one who can't stop laughing at the idea of Brucie and his housekeeper in Costco

Please!

Chopstheduck Fri 30-Nov-12 19:40:01

<<clueless>> but still, finding the fact that you find it funny quite amusing! grin

putonyourredshoes Fri 30-Nov-12 19:45:07

bless your heart Chops just for responding!

bakingaddict Fri 30-Nov-12 20:18:37

Not sure about Claudia Winkleman....find her a bit annoying and irritating and don't get me started on that bloody fringe.

It's like the weight of it is pushing down the rest of her face and it makes me want to reach for the scissors. I think Anton Du Beke or Karen Hardy would make good co-presenters and they know the Strictly format already

ppeatfruit Sat 01-Dec-12 09:19:53

putonyourredshoes The rate B.F.'s going I CAN imagine it; He's, no doubt, a hell of a lot older than Tommy Cooper was grin I also find it bizarre that B.F. plus entourage should go to Costco!

JingleBellaTheGymnast Sat 01-Dec-12 14:52:21

Ooh, I love Anton, very witty, he'd be MUCH better.

ppeatfruit Sat 01-Dec-12 16:27:35

How about Miranda and Anton holding up June Whitfield grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now