brucie oh dear!

(49 Posts)
Hattie11 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:09:58

I have to confess that I sometimes catch myself chuckling at his jokes.....but I cannot rustle even a smile when he pulls tess into him at the beginning if every show.

Is it just me? Or is it really really wrong. Made even more cringey when tess attempts to giggle in a hugely embarrassed way.

He needs to go. It's time. sad

yani Sat 24-Nov-12 22:15:32

Agree.
Found myself desperately scrambling for remote control when he started undoing bow tie.
Yuk yuk yuk.

I Sky + for dd's so I can fast forward through him and just watch the dancing.

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Sat 24-Nov-12 22:23:43

Tess should go and Emmerdales Edna should be Brucies new partner.

I can't actually watch anything he does - gives me the creeps!

Hattie11 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:30:31

Phew! Glad its not just me. Used to love him in the eighties !

He was a hoot on the Generation Game. grin But the time has come. Not disrespectful to him I just think he should have his feet up watching it, not hosting it.

yani Sat 24-Nov-12 22:32:15

Yes, thought might get flamed for not being into Bruce!

Clayhead Sat 24-Nov-12 22:36:06

I think it's getting cruel now - he's no where near his best and getting noticeably worse each year.

I confess to never liking him, even in his prime, but I think someone should do something now as it's getting sad.

SCD was so much better when it was Tess and Claudia the other week; we actually watched it all rather then whiz through the links.

umiaisha Sat 24-Nov-12 22:36:32

I used to love him on the Generation Game too.

Thought tonight he was the most doddery he has ever been, felt quite sorry for him actually

LineRunner Sat 24-Nov-12 22:50:46

I never liked him, either. Ever.

milktraylady Sat 24-Nov-12 22:56:29

After 10 series is a sensible time to bow out.
I agree claudia & tess presenting worked well and it was a great programme.

Why does it have to be an old geezer & young crumpet combo?
Why can't we have 2 great & funny female presenters. Come on beeb get modern!

ivykaty44 Sun 25-Nov-12 21:56:42

If he was female he would have been put out to pasture 20 years ago.

We are told he is loved, but for goodness sake there are people that could do the job better and with a bit more style.

ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 09:48:04

I still really like him and find him funny and will be sad when he does retire.

lurkingfromhome Mon 26-Nov-12 13:07:58

Interesting that ratings increased when it was the Tess & Claud week ...

putonyourredshoes Mon 26-Nov-12 14:54:02

And Tess's clothes are so much better when she's with Claudia and is the lead presenter not the girly sidekick (not great but definitely better).

yani Tue 27-Nov-12 12:31:59

I think Bruno should replace Bruce as presenter. He would be hilarious!
Oh yes.

LittleMissFlustered Tue 27-Nov-12 14:30:17

Can't stand Bruce, and the minions aren't fans either. Time for a change.

tangofan Wed 28-Nov-12 12:39:25

<jumps happily on the bandwagon>

Ive been trigger-happy with the FF button while watching SCD for years now - except the non-Brucie episode.
Unfortunately even only watching the dancing means I still have to put up with him doing the whole "look, look - they're on their feet! That's for you!" Shut UP, Brucie, it's a whole studio of people - I'm sure they've spotted that.<grinds teeth>

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Nov-12 15:29:43

On the SCD thread we've started a Banish Bruce campaign grin I agree he's getting embarrassing; how do we put it politely to the powers at the Beeb that HE HAS TO GO NOW preferably.

ToffeeCaramel Wed 28-Nov-12 19:40:37

Nooooo!

Gigondas Wed 28-Nov-12 19:42:59

Nope he should go. I generally forward but like to watch judges comments. IMHO his comments to Craig not only aren't funny but are bullying in tone which is hardly pleasant .

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Nov-12 20:21:36

Yes gigondas there's a touch of bullying, sexism and the homophobe about him maybe it's an age thing but HE SHOULD GO

JustFabulous Wed 28-Nov-12 20:24:29

What is the problem with him dancing with Tess or are you seeing things that aren't there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now