Hej og hilser velkommen.

(536 Posts)
ImperialBlether Sat 17-Nov-12 14:57:30

It's on tonight! Get your herrings and your jumpers and your tattoo of Troels on show and join me on the sofa for series 3 of The Killing.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 02-Dec-12 19:08:22

As a separate issue the Finance Minister is ambitious and quite prepared to ditch PM as party leader to grab power herself. Ussing always has that smug smirk and Rosa is looking self-serving and why does her ex know about secret Prosecutor + Justice Minister meetings?

Why can I never retain the PM's names? confused

Why was I surprised Stoffer is in a hetero relationship and has a young DS?

Karen is loyal and bright I wish the PM (KK) would recognise her faithfulness.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 02-Dec-12 19:13:30

PS Calling baddie "the kidnapper" not killer in spite of committing 5 (6?) murders, oh thrice yyy SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree same in our house!

Visualarts Sun 02-Dec-12 19:35:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 02-Dec-12 19:44:35

Trusting old Donkeys thought Borch was just reiterating what Lund told him and everyone following the shooting incident at the bridge.
I do agree Special Branch are up to their necks in this whole case and Brix is just a scapegoat so the police take any flak leaving SBranch aloof and out of public scrutiny.

Visualarts Sun 02-Dec-12 19:51:51

Visualarts Sun 02-Dec-12 20:02:21

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 02-Dec-12 23:33:07

Anything is worth considering smile.
Did either foster parent fit description of fake policeman asking Louise's schoolfriend questions about events 3 years' ago? Didn't she say to Lund & co he was dark and a bit shorter than Borch?

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Dec-12 23:36:34

Don't know. I thought foster dad seemed a bit weird, as well as foster mum, but he seemed genuinely upset at Louise being murdered, and as if it was news to him.

wiganwagonwheelworks Mon 03-Dec-12 11:06:15

It's too obvious if Ussing is either the deadbeat daddy or the perp, isn't it. But I fink, it's all political. Someone has actually orchestrated the murder to incriminate Zeeland and bring the Government down. <voices final theory weeks in advance of countless red herrings>

wiganwagonwheelworks Mon 03-Dec-12 11:28:17

Oh and visualarts I thought Zeuthen had given Reinhardt the toy safari car to get Maja out of the room while he went off to Police HQ because he knew she'd try and stop him otherwise? But agree, Reinhardt is suspicious.

franklyidontgiveadamn Mon 03-Dec-12 16:59:52

Thanks to redcups for directing me here from the other dead killing thread. Must admit I'm not a proper Killing fan - didn't watch any of the second series because I was still fuming about the lame ending of the first and the completely unecessary way they killed off the brilliant Meyer. Really love the Lund character tho and the atmosphere of the thing is so addictive - was up til 2 last night catching up on the iplayer eek!

Think it's either got to be Reinhardt or the ex-wife's fiance. As someone said earlier it's got to be a character we've already seen by now. Both those would explain how the kidnapper managed to get to Emilie and the gentle way he put out his hand to her when they were leaving for the second meeting with Lund and the dad.

LaVolcan Mon 03-Dec-12 17:10:08

Reinhardt is too tall, I think. The fiance, yes, I think he could be a candidate. He has the motive for wanting to get at Zeuthen.

franklyidontgiveadamn Mon 03-Dec-12 17:31:37

Also they made a point of saying that Carl had gone to the grandmother's - i.e. the fiance isn't looking after him so would be free to come and go. He's going to need a more substantial motive.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 03-Dec-12 18:07:05

Are we certain the perpetrator is working alone?

franklyidontgiveadamn Mon 03-Dec-12 18:12:25

True Donkeys - could be Reinhardt and fiance in it together. In fact fiance might have deliberately engineered the relationship with the ex while she was vulnerable, all part of some bigger plan?

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Mon 03-Dec-12 18:46:00

I've been thinking about this waaaaay too much. I think I've gone off the deep end with my theorising, but the main gist is - I truly believe that Reinhardt is Louise's murderer, the one who precipitated all this. And I bet he's done it before (and since). I think, without any evidence apart from the fact that he creeps me out, that he's a paedophile.

Still wondering about the PM's son. This series has a major theme running through it of parents letting their children down (Lund & Mark, Mark and his unborn child, Zeuthen & Emilie, Louise and her unknown father) and I'm pretty sure that the PM and his son will another strand. I think the son isn't dead, although judging by the way he's discussed I think he's at the very least mentally ill. I think he's very much involved in this case. He probably knew Louise in some capacity. He may even be the kidnapper, but I appreciate this may be a leap too far!

Borch knows something. I think special branch already know a lot more about Louise than they're telling. They may even know who the murderer is, and are protecting them for some obscure reason shock

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 03-Dec-12 19:36:50

Every time someone comes up with a likely candidate I think it's plausible. So if it's true they don't give the secret to all the cast until the last minute, imagine working on set and wondering.

PS Smegging re: royal pregnancy announcement, mentioned elsewhere on MN, proudly told DD spreading good tidings that you & at least one other MNer on a topic I follow are expecting any day cue blank look from her but wishing you a speedy happy delivery. Still here I see? grin

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Mon 03-Dec-12 20:09:48

PM's called Kristian Kamper, by the way. His brother is Kristoffer Kamper. The actor who plays him is apparently better known as a stand-up comedian in Denmark. That must be a bit like watching Eddie Izzard in a serious role - discombobulating, to say the least.

Yes, still pregnant. Booked in for induction on friday, as these cramps aren't doing much. I'm very fed-up. If I keep going till friday I may miss episodes 7&8 on saturday, I won't be able to come on here till I've caught up!

Visualarts Mon 03-Dec-12 22:22:09

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 03-Dec-12 22:53:39

frankly might be right, very cruel to hurt Maja if the intended victim/target of revenge was Robert.

ClaraDeLaNoche Mon 03-Dec-12 23:10:46

Just caught up. I did have a glimmer of hope for the little girl but am worried about the remains. You wouldn't put a sheet over a bag filled with junk would you.

Quite surprised that Sara does not wear a t shirt or vest under her jumper. Must be a bit itchy.

I was thinking about it being itchy too Clara. grin

LaVolcan Tue 04-Dec-12 00:00:00

I have just watched episode 5 again on i-player. Carsten, the fiance, can't be the perpetrator because he was with Brix at the police station when Lund and Zeuthen were going to the rendezvous with the kidnapper. He could still be an accomplice, I suppose. I can't remember where Borch was, but he was also occupied elsewhere.

I think it could be someone that we haven't seen yet......

Looking again at the package that the perpetrator shot - it didn't look like the shape of a nine year old girl, so perhaps it was one of the missing pigs. Presumably this was stage managed by the perpetrator because he knew Zeuthen was watching, so this was to make him suffer.

Visualarts Tue 04-Dec-12 07:09:08

Just caught up - marking my place so I can catch up with thread later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now