Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

Kirsty has been brilliant, but it is hard to watch. Not sure where they could go next with her character to keep her. Maybe if she marries Ty, kicks him out of the house after revealing the phone, and then finds a new man to reel in and start all over. With STILL no one believing about the violence because all the photos have gone off the phone.

theliverpoolone Fri 18-Jan-13 23:49:28

I don't get why Tyrone would still leave his phone in the paint tin when he was staying out overnight. Surely he'd have taken it with him?
Don't think I can bear to watch the wedding!

Lighthousekeeping Sat 19-Jan-13 00:56:55

I fast forwarded most of tonights. I don't know if I was bored of the story or just that it was too unpleasant to watch.

GunsAndRoses Sat 19-Jan-13 09:34:57

The photos will still be on Fiz's phone in her 'sent box'.

Is Kirsty going to go after Tina? The messages revealed Fiz & Ty have been meeting up at her flat.

Julie finding the phone like that was just ridiculous and so predictable.

I thought perhaps Fiz had taken them with Ty's phone?

LovesGSD Sat 19-Jan-13 09:47:25

Liverpool he left the phone down the side of the couch as Kirsty came home so he hid it theresmile can't wait til Monday grin

LeeCoakley Sat 19-Jan-13 12:19:23

Oh no. Not something else to beat Tina with. angry I wish they would wrap up all the horrible things that happen to Tina and Tommy and let them live a normal life.

And Kylie's baby! How on earth is that going to end happily? She'll end up telling David, he'll attempt to kill Nick, and Leanne and Gail will be wringing their hands and wailing as usual. Writers please just let her have a miscarriage and avoid all the angst!

MulledWineandScully Sat 19-Jan-13 12:52:45

It was brilliant and dare I say chilling last night. When Fiz was watching telly and Kirsty was at the door... Brrrrr.

He really should've pass coded that phone though, the spanner.

LovesGSD Sat 19-Jan-13 13:34:49

I've got a feeling the Kylie/David/Nick storyline could be the Xmas day episode this yearshock

MurielTheActor Sat 19-Jan-13 15:52:58

Kirsty thing all going rather well, I feel.
SO glad she saw the pictures - makes it all the more complex ie it's not just a normal/acceptable response to betrayal but she had to face what she'd done. Epic! grin Her reaction will be so much greater because not only has Tyrone betrayed her with Fiz, and lied to her, he's betrayed her 'trust' by telling Fiz the truth - like I said, complex.
Fab!

YouOldSlag Sat 19-Jan-13 16:26:51

Agree. The suspense was almost unbearable. It's been done brilliantly. However, the crowds are getting restless now, all this HAS to lead to Kirsty's downfall, otherwise the writers will have wasted everyone's time.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sat 19-Jan-13 16:30:11

resume there will be sonething like a kidney donation needed, david offers and is incompatible etc. For us oldies, the aboryion that wasn't is like the scene when Gail was on the bus to the abortion clinic when pg with David, and his father pleaded successfully with her to change her mind. And, thinking about it, what did happen to Martin? Why no part in his son's life now? is he dead?

YouOldSlag Sat 19-Jan-13 16:43:39

MrsS, no he makes cheese and has his own "Round Britain" type programme. Oh sorry, you meant in soapland. Occasionally he gets a mention and David says he's been to see him or some such, so I think he's on the radar but not coming back. It's implied that he lives far away.

BTW I was thinking the exact same thing re: a kidney needed or a blood transfusion, and if you do the maths that would be around Christmas!

theliverpoolone Sat 19-Jan-13 16:48:49

Love, he took the phone out from the couch after he'd come home, after Kirsty had put it back there, then she watched through the upstairs window while he hid it back in the paint tin before he went off for his night away before the wedding. Dont understand why he didnt take it with him then......

LovesGSD Sat 19-Jan-13 17:39:56

Ah sorry never seen that bitsad

MulledWineandScully Sat 19-Jan-13 19:12:20

I think Martin lives in Liverpool. David goes to see him sometimes and there was a bit of football banter when he was first moving there.

ajandjjmum Sat 19-Jan-13 22:10:47

I remember that too MrsSalvo! Was thinking that it was like a replay.

My DH asked "Why doesn't he (Tyrone) put the phone in his pocket?"

Because Kirsty is an ex- policewoman. She probably frisks him when she hugs him.

(Honestly DH, this is Corrie. Normal RL rules don't apply) hmm

grin

whatkungfuthat Sun 20-Jan-13 12:05:06

Kirsty has thrown everyone out of a party twice now, she did it on her birthday too iirc. If that happened in RL people would start thinking she was seriously odd. She is obviously going to delete the photos of Ty's injuries but there will still be a hospital report.

YouOldSlag Sun 20-Jan-13 13:23:43

I think Natalie Gumede palys Kirsty so well. She is an out and out baddie, but manages to play her with some vulnerability. You could see her pain, as well as her anger.

She won't be out of work long after her stint on Corrie!

Binfullofresolutionsfor10thjan Sun 20-Jan-13 17:57:21

Kirsty did an incredible job on Friday. The wedding is going to be explosive I think.

I bet the vicar of that church dreads every booking that has "Coronation Street" on the address.

I wonder if there will be a complication with the birth and a blood transfusion requirement. Or perhaps Nick will crave a child and Leanne can't have one, so it will all come out. I still think there is a connection between Nick and Kylie.

Lewis is obviously plotting to get the kids out of Gail's house. I thought he was going to make her look foolish, but perhaps he's going to ruin her financially too? <<strokes chin and ponders>>

Lozario Mon 21-Jan-13 19:37:44

I almost can't bear to watch this...!

Lozario Mon 21-Jan-13 19:39:03

PS who else is thinking "where's their snow?!"

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 21-Jan-13 19:41:48

Oooh what's she going to do?

LeeCoakley Mon 21-Jan-13 19:50:56

Oh no not Tracey. Obviously they are going to get together.

This thread is not accepting new messages.