Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

YouOldSlag Sat 12-Jan-13 23:16:21

Baking, I agree on the legal thing- I posted elsewhere asking why on earth he has to pretend to love a woman and then marry her in order to kidnap his own baby without getting arrested. I said I was sure there was a simpler legal way. However, I guess this is soapland and a visit to a solicitor's office isn't as dramatically engaging as a fight between goodies and baddies.

I still disagree about tyrone being spineless. He is a victim and i applaud the storyline and its depiction of his awful feeling of being trapped.

thenightsky Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:10

God Carl is one almightly cock lodger!

MurielTheActor Mon 14-Jan-13 23:26:15

Who is there for Carl to get involved with now hmm
GAIL!
She'll need some comforting once Lewis has done his dirty work...

YouOldSlag Tue 15-Jan-13 07:24:28

Carl is a total shit. I loved how Stella kicked him into touch when he tried to blame Sunita for "making him" have an affair!

Now for goodness sake, when is Kirsty going to get her come-uppance? About 9 million people want to see her revealed as a villain, so hurry up Corrie!

Honestly, they create a really good storyline and then string it out until everyone gets annoyed.

theliverpoolone Tue 15-Jan-13 13:22:55

I've got a horrible feeling they'll put Carl back with Stella - there's not much point to him otherwise. Unless he gets together with Eva...... that'd be a good storyline grin

ajandjjmum Tue 15-Jan-13 13:49:21

I'd just like to have one happy ending - and I can't see that any are in sight.

PoppyAmex Tue 15-Jan-13 16:14:43

Quick aside: is anyone watching "Mr. Selfridge" on ITV?

Becky is playing an aristocrat and it's SO weird to hear her talk like that! grin

Lighthousekeeping Tue 15-Jan-13 16:31:20

The pregnancy storyline is already doing my head in. As if that could happen when she's on the pill and so didn't want to get pregnant.

whatkungfuthat Tue 15-Jan-13 16:34:18

The Fiz/Tyrone/Kirsty storyline is very frustrating and I doubt it will be straightforward. They are talking about him only having to put up with it for one more week but doesn't he have to formalise something with regard to Ruby rather than just bugger off? And why was he apologising to Kirsty for marking the paintwork on HIS house, especially when the whole place looks like the 80's threw up on it?

The Nick and Kylie pregnancy thing is annoying too. They are talking about hiding the truth for 'the rest of their lives' but surely they only need worry if David isn't the father and Nick can easily afford a DNA test so the uncertainty is just until the baby is born. <and relax>

YouOldSlag Tue 15-Jan-13 16:37:23

Lighthouse- she said she'd forgot a few pills as she's rowed with David, but even so, she must be super fertile!

Bakingnovice Tue 15-Jan-13 23:03:57

As if!! That whole story happened over about four episodes. That's what makes it not believable. One minute she's cramming the pill down her gob then she shacks up with nick and is pg.

I feel sorry for Gail. Lewis is a crafty little bugger. Oh, just do one Leanne. And take your horrible wardrobe and bandy legs with ya.

YouOldSlag Wed 16-Jan-13 09:01:18

Baking- I think the Kylie "I'm pregnant" episodes couldn't have been written by a woman. They'd be doing sums in their head and coming out with sensible timescales. But hey, that's soapland!

They really need to sort out Kirsty getting her just desserts. I don't think the viewing public will be satisfied with just a sudden death a la Frank Foster. Tyrone needs to be vindicated and Kirsty needs to be put in the stocks outside the Rovers.

Ladytron Wed 16-Jan-13 19:42:03

Steve's beard looked good tonight.

Bakingnovice Wed 16-Jan-13 22:43:07

Youoldslag you are right. Only a bloke could up with that.

But I don't agree with Tyrone being 'vindicated'. It's tommy/ Tina/ fizz who need to vindicated first. Then him. In a funny way I hope they keep Kirsty. She's a fab actress.

YouOldSlag Wed 16-Jan-13 23:04:31

Natalie Gumede has done a fab job as Kirsty and I don't think she will ever be out of work after this! So pretty too.

Bakingnovice Thu 17-Jan-13 20:42:41

Like you I just can't wait for this storyline to be over. Really don't like the dopey sofie storyline either, or the rob Carla one. Where have all cindy beales wrinkles gone?

HeavenlyAmy Fri 18-Jan-13 19:52:20

Err Old Mother Hubbard, had so many children she didn't know what to do - get with the beat Lewis!

Oh and I keep meaning to say that Julie reminds me of Mildred of George & Mildred fame grin

MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 18-Jan-13 20:01:07

yes lol re mother hubbard. don't feel engaged by any of the storyines at the moment, but kirstie's reaction - shaking uncontrollably - was so realistic sad

Lozario Fri 18-Jan-13 20:25:51

She was good wasn't she. Oooooh what's going to happen!

thenightsky Fri 18-Jan-13 20:28:07

Kirsty finding the secret phone was a suprise! <not>

Corrie is getting soooo predictable.

Lighthousekeeping Fri 18-Jan-13 20:43:16

Is Carla an alcoholic or what? She seems to handle the booze well these days.

HeavenlyAmy Fri 18-Jan-13 20:45:56

I'm cringing, what's she up to? Actually, don't tell me, I don't think I can stand it.

LeeCoakley Fri 18-Jan-13 20:46:02

I can't actually watch the Kirsty/Fizz stuff tonight! I keep flicking back and only watching when it's the Platts or Carla. It's nightmarish!

thenightsky Fri 18-Jan-13 21:01:17

Yes Carla is an alcoholic, albeit a functioning one.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 18-Jan-13 21:07:56

carla and michelle drink so much wine - must be costing a fortune and making them fat! completely unrealistic they remain slim...

This thread is not accepting new messages.