Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

alemci Sat 01-Dec-12 16:43:32

couldn't Tyrone report her to social services and say she was a danger to Ruby or even report the violence to him to the police. I am sure Tommy and Fizz would back him up and he has bruises. Surely he could get custody of Ruby then as he is caring for her.

Kirsty is so awful it is unreal. She is unhinged really.

Sleepyfergus Sat 01-Dec-12 18:29:04

Finally caught up. I don't seem to watch an episode on the actual night anymore!

Felt sorry for Fiz, but she'll be victorious in the end and everyone roll have to eat their words. I also thought she might confide in Michelle too, think I would have.

And yes, she did look very Santa's Little Helper!

DudeIAmSoFuckingRock Sat 01-Dec-12 18:50:45

oh yes, apologies. alleged victim.

FeckOffCup Sat 01-Dec-12 21:41:36

Where are Carl and Sunita these days, are they still together? Not seen them in weeks.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 01-Dec-12 22:55:23

Who cares?

babbas Sat 01-Dec-12 23:46:19

Kirsty is v scary. Do not like Lloyds new family, I just can't see Lloyd going for someone like Mandy. The same as Irene and her fireman fella. Hate the Gail Lewis story. Met Gail once and she is just lovely in RL.

Nancy66 Sun 02-Dec-12 11:09:07

I guess that it's all leading to a Fiz/ Tyrone reunion.

I agree that there's no way Lloyd would go for someone as mumsy as Mandy.

I still reckon there's something brewing with Nick and Kylie

alemci Sun 02-Dec-12 11:54:45

I like Mandys co ordinating headbands though LOL

PoppyAmex Sun 02-Dec-12 14:27:39

I need a kind soul to help me out here...

I Sky+'ed the last 3 episodes and just watched the first - finishes with Tyrone in the bus station about to leave.

Started watching the next one and Tyrone is at home discussing vaccination with Kirsty?

Did I miss one in the middle? Why didn't he leave?

Nancy66 Sun 02-Dec-12 14:36:12

Fiz visited a solicitor on behalf of Tyrone and the solicitor advised that Tyrone's best chance of getting to keep Ruby is to marry Kirsty. As they are currently not married and his name is not on the birth certificat he had little chance of getting custody if they split.

So Fiz told Tommy this and then Tommy and her raced to the train station in time to talk Tryone out of leaving.

So Tyrone now plans to trick Kirsty into marrying him so that he has parental responsibliity for Ruby and can then fight for custody.

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Sun 02-Dec-12 15:27:34

Lloyd and Mandy are not a convincing couple. Lloyds last girlfriend was Cheryl Gray. I'm guessing he doesn't have a type as such then grin

PoppyAmex Sun 02-Dec-12 15:31:08

Nancy, thank you!

That makes a lot more sense. I must've missed an episode in the middle.

Is Stella flirting with Jason?

babbas Sun 02-Dec-12 17:55:54

Mandy and Jenna both don't seem to fit in. Jenna is v wooden and Mandy looks like Lloyds mum. Also Jenna seems to be heading towards lesbiandom. ATM just cannot stand Owen. He's always been a nasty bully and his manipulation of Tina and tommy is horrible. It was so uncomfortable watching them all insist Tina should do the pregnancy test at Anna's. In fact really can't stand Anna any more either. And hasn't she put all her weight on again after having got to a size 8.

Really kind of liked Lewis until his latest story with Gail. And I agree that there is chemistry between nick and kylie. Wish theyd not have so many unbelievable moments these days: Katie leaving Joseph and hope with David and kylie; Tyrone checking Kirsty's bag without closing the living room door, Rob and moronic Michelle running the factory, the silly bar nick runs booming with business all the time, Jenna dropping Sophie home after an appointment, Gail falling for Lewis, Tina getting pg straight away and within two months of izzys miscarriage!

LightHousekeeping Sun 02-Dec-12 19:29:09

Are we heading for a Tina/David reunion of sorts?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 02-Dec-12 19:51:07

I like watching extras more than anything in Coronation Street!

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Sun 02-Dec-12 20:19:49

Poor Tommy. He is not coping is he? Did feel sorry for him as he stood there with Gary, the baby's father and Tina's ex doctor boyfriend. What a mess. No wonder he is drinking himself to oblivion.

It does seem like there could be some spark between Kylie and Nick. Getting it on with family cast offs must run in the family. I think Ava is getting that vibe too.

LightHousekeeping Sun 02-Dec-12 20:34:27

I'm really disliking Norris lately. As if anyone could get away with being so spitefull all the time. I mean Rita would've sacked him long ago.

I'm hating this surrogate storyline

ajandjjmum Sun 02-Dec-12 21:43:45

Me too LightHousekeeping - he's gone from being comical to thoroughly unpleasant, and everyone lets him get away with it.

Amazing to see Kylie get away with the 'buffet' tonight - but it was lovely to see her pull it off.

I think Tina's remarkably patient with Tommy - I would be driven to snarling 'you got us into this position in the first place' on a regular basis! grin

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Sun 02-Dec-12 23:28:16

i felt really sorry for tommy this evening when tina collapsed and gary was all for following her. they dont own her body! if she wants to go and see if she's ok she can and she doesn't have to tell them the answer!! tommy was right when he said all they were interested in was their, what was it, 'precious cargo?'

LightHousekeeping Sun 02-Dec-12 23:33:02

Like all of you, Im in shock by how quickly it has all happened. Are they paying for it or something?

Do we think Kirsty will get wind of the plan? Its horrible. I hope it doesnt go on for much longer. I wonder what the Christmas storyline is going to be?

Does Simon ever hear from his father? Is he going to show up as Santa Claus?

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Mon 03-Dec-12 00:39:13

The Tyrone and Kirsty storyline is annoying me. Why don't they have tyrone posting on an 'internet forum' for advice or summat? Why doesn't he get his arse down to a solicitor and get his own advice, as he'd be advised to do on MN should he have posted a thread about his abusive partner? Does he not realise marrying Kirsty has implications on the home he owns as well as his business? And he can actually apply for PR without actually going through with a wedding. Jeez, the 'bad' advice being doled out on this programme is fecking irritating!

babbas Mon 03-Dec-12 11:05:06

I agree bunchamunchy. Tyrone is so flipping wet. He is just brainless and his constant unfriending and snarling at friends trying to help (Tina tommy fiz) really annoys me. And he was so nasty to tommy about the repayments. He's just spineless. And now too dumb to go see a solicitor himself ffs. I know it's part of his character to portray him as a victim but he's such a big girls blouse.

theliverpoolone Mon 03-Dec-12 12:03:41

As I've said before (wish the scriptwriters would listen!), Kevin got Jack's DNA from a dummy - no permission from anyone - and the next thing, he's got sole custody of him. Surely Tyrone would remember that?!!

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Mon 03-Dec-12 12:29:13

i think kevin used a private DNA company, but i dont think the result from a test done privately would stand up in court WRT tyrone being able to use it to gain custody of ruby. i think for this purpose it has to be a court ordered DNA test which requires the mother's permission. not sure though.

Kenanddreary Mon 03-Dec-12 20:33:38

Only just caught up with yesterday's episode - recorded it to watch tonight because I couldn't bear the thought of no Corrie on a Monday night grin.

Didn't think I would ever say this but I am getting very irritated by Tommy. I used to think he had every right to be fed-up and miserable (think I said so earlier in this thread) but OMG he's a pain now. Just needs to get over himself and realise that not only is Tina getting him out of a huge debt but she is also doing something really nice for another couple. And even more so now she's actually pregnant...couldn't believe he asked her to get rid of the baby.

Lighthouse - yes old Nozzer is horrendous (but great comedy value), however, he owns the Cabin now so Rita can't get rid of him. He now employs her!

This thread is not accepting new messages.