Everyday

(8 Posts)
Clayhead Tue 20-Nov-12 12:37:19

Just watched this - thought it was brilliant. My friend's dh has just spent 2 years in prison and so much of it seemed to echo her experiences.

nellyjelly Fri 16-Nov-12 16:11:06

Yes I loved the gentle passing of time and lack of exposition. Also really good representation of prison too. It's not all horror, rape and violence. Most of the time it is really mundane and Everyday showed that.

The scenery was lovely too and a nice Michael Nyman score.

Ahardyfool Fri 16-Nov-12 12:56:30

I stumbled upon this part way through. Loved it. DP wasn't sure.

It was very 'real'.

Anybody who needs climactic cinematic moments would probs be disappointed.

Whoops, just read that it was filmed over five years.

I watched it, I thought it was fantastic, the children were brilliant, especially the two boys, very moving. It was filmed so beautifully. It must have taken a while to film as the children aged throughout.

Poledra Fri 16-Nov-12 10:03:24

I watched it - I thought it was very moving, and the cinematography was amazing. Made me want to go to the beach in winter again (used to do it when I lived on the coast, now it's a 3-hour drive!).

I was interested in the level in involvement the parents of the children had allowed - that was their own house and school. I'm not sure I'd want the telly cameras in my house! I looked online later, and saw an interview with the parents. When asked about money, they wouldn't say how much the chldren were paid but did say they 'were comfortable' so I guess that played a part in it, as it doesn't look like they're exactly rolling in money. If it's helped set the chldren up financially, I can see the attraction.

Nancy66 Fri 16-Nov-12 09:48:33

I've recorded it so I can cut out all the ad breaks. Glad it's good though - the idea behind it sounds amazing

nellyjelly Fri 16-Nov-12 08:51:43

Anyone watch it last night. Thought it was great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now