Getting on, best comedy on telly for ages and ages!

(31 Posts)
germyrabbit Thu 15-Nov-12 20:37:23

Anyone agree? Am confused why it's hidden away on bbcfour on a wednesday night though!

totally fab !

Lottapianos Mon 26-Nov-12 14:23:34

Absolutely love it too. I think it's seriously underrated - it's a damn sight funnier than some of the tosh that goes out on BBC1 of a Friday night hmm

I work for the NHS and all the bin bag stuff, data protection nitpicking and talk of 'strategic' this and 'commissioner' that is very true to life, maybe with slight exagerrations here or there. The consultant is one of my favourite characters and favourite performances of all time. There was a glorious moment near the end of episode 4, where Den 'warned' her off lusting after the other doctor - it was so nasty and perfectly delivered that it was just delicious grin. Comedy with an edge - my sort of thing!

TanteRose Mon 26-Nov-12 14:28:33

I love Getting On but am not in the UK so have been waiting for it to be uploaded onto YouTube...which it was up to Ep 4 ("just to let you know, he'll shag anyone..." grin)
It's being released on DVD as soon as the last episode finishes tomorrow (?) so I have got it on pre-order on Amazon. Can't wait smile

Lottapianos Mon 26-Nov-12 14:32:20

("just to let you know, he'll shag anyone..." )

Yes that was the line TanteRose. And the look on her face when Dr Moore walked off! grin

poozlepants Mon 26-Nov-12 14:36:55

It's comedy gold. There is loads of good telly on at the moment but this is the programme DH and I laugh out loud at (a lot). I nearly wet myself when Pippa appeared with her new extensions like some sort of deranged Samuel Pepys in drag.

TanteRose Mon 26-Nov-12 14:38:41

I know! grin

Genius.

I also loved the way Pippa casually threw that pen away (after Kim pointed out that it was present from her STBXH)...and then Kim fished it out of the bin to use! Just brilliant grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now