Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - who is puckering up?

(978 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Tue 13-Nov-12 21:33:21

This is a thread for any fans of the afternoon soap called 'Doctors'

It's coming up to the festive season:

- Will Mrs T be permanently stationed under the mistletoe while Dr Cah-tah sweeps by, un-seduced by her fanciest wig and chrrrrrrrrrrrristmas cake?

- Will Zara and Daniel be reunited and have a Christmas kiss?

- Will Barry tie mistletoe to his security hat and go in search of true love?

- Has Kevin been getting my fan mail and will abandon Doctors to go forth with me and have a perfect life? <arf>

Please join in if you want to. Acronyms to follow but you don't have to use them, we are just glad desperate you are here grin

MsNobodyAgain Sun 25-Nov-12 18:43:43

Nobody leaves the thread. Right?

<wonders off into the night mist wearing dodgy camel-hair coat a la Ray Winstone>

wink

Too right MsN. Rules is rules.

Biscuit - I never miss an episode of Corrie. Ever. However I don't watch EE, Emmerdale, Neighbours, any of the rest of them.

Horsemad Sun 25-Nov-12 19:16:40

I used to watch Corrie, EE, Emmerdale, & Brookie. Always taped them when I went on hols so always had loads to watch when I got home.
Only watch Drs now and that's not every day sad Still - at least this thread keeps me in touch grin

Horsemad Sun 25-Nov-12 19:17:32

Forgot Neighbours - watched that too!

Me too Horse. I used to watch Bollyoaks too. blush Just Doctors now.

I used to watch EE, Emmerdale, Brookie as well as Corrie when they were all only on twice a week, but then real life (children) got in the way alongside them all increasing to 5 a week and I just couldn't do it any more. Oh and Neighbours on and off as well. But Corrie is my first love soap wise, been watching since I was about 12.

Horsemad Sun 25-Nov-12 19:24:57

I used to watch the Brookie omnibus on Saturday afternoons - that all stopped when DS1 arrived!

BiscuitNibbler Sun 25-Nov-12 20:55:53

I gave up Eastenders and Corrie for about 5 years but got sucked back in. I found it was as thought I'd never been away, which made me realise how little actually changes in them.

I used to love Emmerdale Farm too. Hence my delight at TBFE turning up in Doctors!

Yes, I was still watching Emmerdale when TBFE was in it. It was the Dingles that switched me off Emmerdale in the end, they just took over far too much and I found them repulsive on the whole. Except Mandy.

MsNobodyAgain Sun 25-Nov-12 21:09:59

I gave up most of the soaps when they went to nightly episodes instead of once or twice a week. I couldn't keep up with them all especially when my boys were born.

I miss Eldorado the most. I was gutted when that was cancelled.

Doctors fits in because it is on when the kids are in school.

we3kingsoforientRaahh Sun 25-Nov-12 22:11:32

I watch Eastenders, when i remember. And Hollyoaksblush

I think the last time I bothered with Emmerdale, it was sponsored by the Daz dog. The dog was cute. I loved Brookside.
I never watch Corrie. Gives us Mancunian types a bad rep but not as bad as Shameless (and in my many years in retail, I've served A LOT of up themselves Corrie ac-torrrrs. And they were mostly rudegrin--looking at you, Anne Kirkbride--)

Eldorado was so bad, it was GENIUS.

Anyone here today? Missed the first couple of minutes, Kevin's sister is back.

OMG, Val in stalker drama, only it's her being stalked.

OOh <excited>
The stalker has a stalker!!
But am sure he's been in Doctors before...that could never happen surely.....

<creepy man>
'I'm not a weirdo'. Arf.

Ohh, he's just using her to meet his sales target.

Oh no, she's going to start talking about her pussy.
This is all going to end in tears.

Oh the passion! Hestembe rrrrrrrromance might not be a thing so outside the realms of possibility!!
PMSL at Heston trying to rip up laminated sign.

Hi all, just watching today's. Yawn.

Oh FGS it's CWPP again and the adoption storyline. hmm

we3kingsoforientRaahh Mon 26-Nov-12 16:08:13

I missed today, due to yet another migraine. I might have to visit a REAL doctorshock

Will catch up later.

I'm worried CWPP might decide to have a baby not with Gobbyplod. This bothers me, as she is about as maternal as a sprouthmm

MsNobodyAgain Mon 26-Nov-12 16:26:02

Missed it, due to having my hair transformed back to fabulousness. DD says I look younger hmm

MsNobodyAgain Mon 26-Nov-12 18:39:58

Just watched. Glad to see the back of Val.

Highlight for me was hearing an obscure song I know being played in the Icon. It is by Camper Van Beethoven, 'Good Guys and Bad Guys'. I am surprised I recognised it seeing as it must be 20 odd years since I played the album. Happy days.

LizzieVereker Mon 26-Nov-12 22:46:32

(rushes in, out of puff) hope I'm not too late to congratulate biscuit on the trophy - excellent work.

Also, I feel I should confess that I only watch Doctors, soap wise. (proud).

we3kingsoforientRaahh Tue 27-Nov-12 09:32:58

just catching up.

Was the Steve Mangan lookalike really called Craigg Smelling?

Very glad to see the back of Val.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now