Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - who is puckering up?

(978 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Tue 13-Nov-12 21:33:21

This is a thread for any fans of the afternoon soap called 'Doctors'

It's coming up to the festive season:

- Will Mrs T be permanently stationed under the mistletoe while Dr Cah-tah sweeps by, un-seduced by her fanciest wig and chrrrrrrrrrrrristmas cake?

- Will Zara and Daniel be reunited and have a Christmas kiss?

- Will Barry tie mistletoe to his security hat and go in search of true love?

- Has Kevin been getting my fan mail and will abandon Doctors to go forth with me and have a perfect life? <arf>

Please join in if you want to. Acronyms to follow but you don't have to use them, we are just glad desperate you are here grin

BiscuitNibbler Fri 23-Nov-12 21:02:05

That is spooky, Raah. Yes, Kevins should be in their 40s, but so should Simons. I know tonnes of them, too.

Just started episode 4 of 13. There is a man in bed with a plastic girlfriend. WTF-ness abounds.

we3kingsoforientRaahh Fri 23-Nov-12 21:50:23

Ahhh, the blow-up doll in the bath...wtf-ness at it's very best and slightly icky

BiscuitNibbler Fri 23-Nov-12 23:37:06

Just had to spend an hour and a half settling DD who has jet lag and got used to sharing a room with us during our holiday. Nightmare.

Ooh, the one I just watched (adoption bloke visiting Gobbyplod & CWPP) was directed by the bloke who played Ronnie Woodson. I loved him and George. They had proper storylines.

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 01:34:17

Eight down, five to go. I look like this confused. There is a hell of a lot of WTF-ness about.

Will watch one more then go to bed. I want to catch up before Monday so they don't pile up again.

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 02:00:35

Ok, one more and then that's definitely it. Can't believe I will have watched ten in a row by the end of this episode. I will end up in St Phil's with brain rot.

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 02:01:46

Jimmi is more annoying than usual, lately.

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 02:51:32

Ooh! Car chase! It is like the Sweeney! (Without the realism)

Yes, I accidentally watched another episode. That's 11. I must be insane.

MsNobodyAgain Sat 24-Nov-12 06:25:36

Welcome back biscuit.

That is some SDTP dedication you have shown there grin

You get a dodgy MN mug for watching 5 in a row so you have earned 2!!

brew brew

toldmywrath Sat 24-Nov-12 14:33:09

I second what MsNo has said Biscuit True dedication to the cause, congrats on your feat of endurance!

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 17:30:48

I have just watched the final two, to bring me up to date. Not enough of TBFE for my liking, he needs more prominent storylines. Preferably in casual gear. At the gym, or swimming pool, perhaps?

Sparklingbrook Sat 24-Nov-12 17:33:52

Ladies and Gentleman may I have your attention. I Sparklingbrook present this to BiscuitNibbler for services to the daytime soap called Doctors. Round of applause please.

Speech!!

we3kingsoforientRaahh Sat 24-Nov-12 18:17:01

<claps politely>
<not bitter at not winning owt for watching ^every sodding day^>
<insincere smiley>
grin

we3kingsoforientRaahh Sat 24-Nov-12 18:18:52

There was a fab TBFE pic on my facebook, of him wearing a plastic rain hat,to cover his quiffgrin

A suppose he had to be absent, so we could have the oh so necessary decorating storylinehmm

Sparklingbrook Sat 24-Nov-12 18:19:28

Raahh we need a few more categories of prizes don't we? grin I would love to win 'Best understanding of the Daytime soap Doctors'. Not going to happen any time soon.

MsNobodyAgain Sat 24-Nov-12 18:34:47

I give biscuit 2 virtual druggy MN mugs and sparkling outdoes me with a trophy!

I am like Raahh , I watch nearly every day but live, LIVE ... 'tis proper dedication that is (doesn't apply to bingo days obviously) grin

We should have SDTP Christmas awards.

we3kingsoforientRaahh Sat 24-Nov-12 18:39:58

Ooh,the SDTP Christmas awards. To cover that fortnight when it won't on<sob>

Christmas schedules, bah humbug!grin

MsNobodyAgain Sat 24-Nov-12 19:31:37

<thinks about potential categories and winners>

It's a minefield and could end up in a Dallas style bitch fight. grin

Poor Larry (JR). RIP. X

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 20:37:16

Thank you all very much. I couldn't have done it without the help and support of all my SDTP colleagues.

Having watched since before they blew up the old practice and virtually every day since, I have few brain cells left, but with those that remain I can say I think that you are all wonderful.

I shall keep this trophy in pride of place on my computer. I love you all. <blubs>

BiscuitNibbler Sat 24-Nov-12 23:12:40

Meant to say, I am currently wading through 13 episodes of Corrie. Not half as interesting! I can at least use the fast-forward button on Corrie for big chunks without losing the plot. Could never do that with Doctors.

2plus2 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:51:11

Just caught up with this week had to rewind a whole episode to see if I had missed who that women with Kevin was, then came on here to get the answer grin is life too short for trying to understand doctors?

MsNobodyAgain Sun 25-Nov-12 15:14:02

Yes grin

No, sorry, can't agree Biscuit <prepares to be thrown off the thread>, if I had to choose between Corrie and Doctors, Corrie would win hands down.

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Nov-12 17:14:23

OMG Who. shock

BiscuitNibbler Sun 25-Nov-12 18:39:00

But with Corrie, Who, you can miss episodes, weeks, months, even years and still follow what is happening. Blink in Doctors and it is "WTF??". In Corrie I always fast forward the Lloyd bits, most of Rita, & anything involving Dev and / or Sunita. Life is too short for them.

Have just caught up with Corrie. Nick is looking more and more handsome. Never thought I'd say that.

Now I just have Neighbours and Eastenders to catch up with. Eastenders can be done with a bit of fast-forwarding too. Neighbours I will just leave on in the background whilst doing other things.

toldmywrath Sun 25-Nov-12 18:39:33

Who was it that wondered whether Letherbridge was near Ambridge- whilst listening to the Archers omnibus this morning I started wondering the same.
Don't worry WhoKnows I believe you will NOT be thrown off the thread (hmm unless that was your cunning plan)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now