Me & Mrs Jones

(66 Posts)
JoshLyman Sat 10-Nov-12 19:36:50

Embarrassing to admit but am quite enjoying this. Am laughing a lot. And the young Irish fella is hot.

Anyone else or shall I go and kill self?

DoodleAlley Sat 10-Nov-12 20:02:11

No me too.

Embarrassingly so. It's like a teen romance drama and I luff it!

BieneMaja Sat 10-Nov-12 21:11:20

Me three ! Loved the bit where Tom and Yason were getting trashed together smile

junkcollector Sun 11-Nov-12 00:32:44

God (secretly) me too. I find myself looking at the bits with Robert Sheehan on Iplayer. Him and Sarah Alexander have a lot of chemistry! blush

BackforGood Sun 11-Nov-12 00:35:46

There was a thread on here a week or two back with people slagging it off - but I like it too. Nothing you have to think about, just easy watching.... typical 'sitcom' fodder. Suits my brain power by the time I come to sit down at night.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 11-Nov-12 00:39:15

I only watch it for Robert. He is gorgeous and sounds gorgeous. I don't see any other characters, just hear bob the builder now and again grin

The minute Robert came out of the bathroom in a towel I fell in lust

nochipsthanks Sun 11-Nov-12 12:38:41

God, we HATED it when it first started. Then Dh and I were catatonic last time it was on and could not be arsed to find the remote. And found ourselves engaged....

I had the same thing with 'outnumbered'. thought it was shite initially- then got dragged in.

Like it now... blush

nochipsthanks Sun 11-Nov-12 12:39:30

although FFS- how does the mum manage to looks so good with children the age of hers?

[not fair. stamps feet]

BackforGood Sun 11-Nov-12 13:01:59

dd1 (14) watched it with me this week, and, part way through suddenly said "He sounds like Bob the Builder" grin.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:05:32

oh my GOD i think it's awful in so many ways but i CANNOT take my eyes off Robert Sheehan. He's absolutely magnetic.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sun 11-Nov-12 13:08:09

I was on the other thread. I was a bit ambivalent after the first episode, but we've been enjoying it since. Tom and Yason getting trashed was indeed very funny.

DD (in her pre-teenager way) likes Alfie because he is Young Leonardo on CBBC. I rather like Nathaniel Parker.

:grinld::

Fairylea Sun 11-Nov-12 13:11:00

Totally agree with everyone here smile

I will be so sad when it's over !!! sad

RedZombie Sun 11-Nov-12 13:12:30

Its easy to watch on a Friday night, bit like Miranda and Not Going Out
The son is a bit annoying because he camps it up too much and I can't watch Neil Morrissey without thinking of Bob.
Robert Sheehan is very lovely.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:18:55

btw i have seen last ep. <zips mouth>

snozzlemaid Sun 11-Nov-12 13:26:20

Love it too. Purely for Robert Sheehan though. He is delicious. Glad to hear i'm not the only one who has watched the bits with him on iplayer again. So glad they had a good snog in this week's episode!
I sooo would!

JoshLyman Sun 11-Nov-12 14:31:40

aitch How? Why? I'll give you one million pounds to tell me what happens.

At least tell us there's some kind of resolution and it's not all left hanging.....

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 11-Nov-12 14:43:55

i wish i could. really i do.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 11-Nov-12 14:45:33

AITCH please tell ne you are Roberts relative and you are going to send him my number, we will fall in love and marry! grin

LineRunner Sun 11-Nov-12 14:45:50

I really, really like it.

trockodile Sun 11-Nov-12 15:01:35

Love Robert Sheehan-it is a totally different character than he played in Misfits, but he is amazingly believable as both.
I also really like the son, Alfie. I think he is doing a good job-and has to be very different to Billy I think (immature/womanising etc) to show just why the mum can fall in love with her son's friend. And Jonny Bailey is adorable!
Just can't work out why the other men are so irritating though!

wintera Sun 11-Nov-12 15:02:13

Thought the first ep was shocking! Total waste of good comic actors but then guess what? Watched the second one anyway and liked it, and have enjoyed it since really. Actually look forward to watching it. I do think the joke about the Mum character being a mess and a bit of a state doesn't make much sense when she looks like Sarah Alexander though. She's bloody gorgeous ffs!

Fairylea Sun 11-Nov-12 15:08:34

I love Inca (inga?!) ... she's really funny smile

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 11-Nov-12 22:03:23

Yes, it's really growing on me too!! The drunk meal was so funny and the snog in the bathroom, well, I so would too!! grin

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 12-Nov-12 12:58:50

i love it, and said in another thread it was a funny comedy and easy watching

LineRunner Mon 12-Nov-12 18:04:24

Inca is tremendous. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now