Maria and marcus

(31 Posts)
qazxc Sat 10-Nov-12 16:55:17

Is it just me that thinks it is just so wrong. It makes my toes curl when they snog. they don't appear to have any chemistry and she's is such a winger, she really grates on my nerves. Also how big is that flat? 4 bedrooms over a hairdressers (her, Liam, Marcus and the dopey brother). They also all have partners (well not Liam) how is not majorly crowded up there?

whatkungfuthat Sun 18-Nov-12 22:52:29

I think that about Sophie too Light. Marcus reminds me of Kenny Everett but I don't know why.

LightHousekeeping Sun 18-Nov-12 14:54:04

It will last five minutes. She'll have a baby and he will fall in love with a bloke.

I think little Sophie will get it on with Lloyds daughter.

qazxc Sun 18-Nov-12 13:25:35

"we've not done anything wrong" err yes you have you had an affair. Not that excuses any violence.
I don't mind the storyline, it's just that marcus seemed to have no interest in maria in that way, at all. there just appeared to be a few bouts of angry snogging (they might have been trying to portray passion but it was just cringeing) and all of a sudden they are in love. With maria getting annoyed that a few eyebrows are raised. There seems to be no chemistry between them at all, which makes it rather unbelievable. The only thing that would make sense is that they both want to play happy families, Maria because she wants a nice steady bloke after her fiascos with men and Marcus because he is desperate for a child.

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Sun 18-Nov-12 00:17:12

Carabos "(perhaps its the tache that turns him on?). "
grin

I think it is a gross storyline and the characters can't even fake any sort of chemistry between them. Marcus looks repulsed by it all, not loving or lustful. grin

kenanddreary Tue 13-Nov-12 21:55:48

Oh that's quite funny Lighthouse - it all came about because she did the food for bonfire night (not sure why confused) but this was followed by a slick move by Lloyd to get her into the Rovers as 'chef' - just at a point when Stella was wondering how to improve the pub. But of course they had to be careful not to offend Sean who is the only one to have the secret recipe for the hotpot. But looks like she's also serving behind the bar too now!

LightHousekeeping Tue 13-Nov-12 19:52:19

I was shocked by how they showed it but it was pretty realistic. How did Lloyds gf end up behind the bar?

kenanddreary Tue 13-Nov-12 19:48:57

Not so lovely after what he did to Marcus hmm. That level of violence was uncalled for - hated that punch in the stomach!

LightHousekeeping Tue 13-Nov-12 19:44:22

He's a lovely lad that Jason. He must be gutted.

awbless Tue 13-Nov-12 19:35:56

Thanks whoknows' it's all become clear now.

Agree wishful Jason always seems to get the same storylines, involving his latest girlfriend.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 13-Nov-12 09:59:06

Was surprised how real the pub scenes felt- Jason and Sean both really believable- they should give The actor who plays Jason more heavy stuff to do in the future

lighthousekeeping Mon 12-Nov-12 21:44:07

No I don't think so

No, they snogged a few weeks ago after becoming close when Maria had a cancer scare, they agreed to put it behind them, Maria invited Jason to move in at that point. Then last week Aidan (Marcus's BF) got a job in London and wanted Marcus to move with him, Maria threw herself at him, they slept together, he dumped Aidan who mistakenly though Marcus was still in love with Sean and told Sean as much. Jason was away somewhere for the last couple of weeks and came back tonight to be dumped. He has got every right to be very angry.

awbless Mon 12-Nov-12 21:22:15

Had Maria and Jaysern already split when M&M began to 'see' each other?

awbless Mon 12-Nov-12 21:21:11

Watched tonight for the first time in ages.

I thought the pub scene and the violence was very done, very realistic. Not that I've been in many pub fights [ahem...cough]

I agree Glam, I think Liam and the family setup is the real pull, not Maria, it was when Kirk was talking about Liam that he changed his mind. The reason he split with Sean (apart from him being immature and needy) was that he wouldn't commit to adoption.

kenanddreary Mon 12-Nov-12 21:05:52

Really loving it too. Actually I quite like Marcus and Maria together. They make quite a cute couple. Really hate the way everyone turned against them this evening. And thought Jason's violence was totally out of order.

HippieHop Mon 12-Nov-12 21:03:53

I love this storyline actually, and think the scenes between them have been very good. I agree it's bound to end badly though as it's soapland!

glamourousgranny42 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:00:17

Hmm it's a believable story line but I agree there is no chemistry at all and it just doesn't work for me. Would marcus be as keen if he wasn't playing daddy?

kenanddreary Mon 12-Nov-12 20:37:40

What has it got to do with Sean though? It's not as if they are still together.

And also - just wondering why Rob seems to have it in for Steve all the time?

lighthousekeeping Mon 12-Nov-12 19:20:01

I thought that too!! And then Marcus will stay with her because he longs for a child. Then he will meet a bloke .......

LaurieBlueBell Mon 12-Nov-12 18:24:19

I see a pregnancy and whose the daddy storyline brewing.

MurielTheActor Mon 12-Nov-12 17:17:53

I don't think it's dodgy. I think there are well documented cases of straight/gay falling in love with opposite sex they thought they were attracted to.
I liked the conversation between them with Marcus saying he's losing his identity and Maria telling him he's confused. Could easily imagine same conversation if straight person was attracted to someone of same sex.
I really don't think writers are making comment about 'love of a good woman' - too many of them gay themselves!
Feels quite realistic to me....

mynameis Sun 11-Nov-12 18:23:05

Actually not minding this story, made Maria a bit more interesting that's for sure.

It can only end in tears though, can't it?

Don't feel sorry for Sean, he's a clingy tit.

I kind of like Maria and Marcus though... <runs>

I also thought Marcus's ex looked like he was wearing a comedy tache.

GreenEyesAndHam Sun 11-Nov-12 18:16:37

I'm a bit ...hmm

It's a dodgy storyline for sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now