Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 14-Nov-12 20:51:50

The books on Kindle are too expensive for me at the moment. I managed to get the 1st one on the cheap.

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 14-Nov-12 20:53:42

CHEAP KINDLE VERSION OF 1ST WALKING DEAD BOOK It's just the background of the governer which I doubt will come into the TV Series. No spoilers for the TV series at all really. Completely seperate characters.

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 14-Nov-12 20:55:51
HarlettOScara Wed 14-Nov-12 21:32:31

Totally agree about those bastard pirates, Rous

Thanks grin

HarlettOScara Wed 14-Nov-12 21:37:28

Just downloaded the first book too. Was going to get World War Z but balked at the £6.29 pricetag <tight> Mind you, with a 4.5 month old baby, I think I'm being very optimistic about my chances of getting to read it in the next 10 years forseeable future.

May I refer you to the last sentence of my post of 19.37 harlett ... grin
You will get it finished, I managed it with a 6m old and a 2yo

If you have a kindle email address though (does every kindle have one?) and wanna pm it to me, I can send you WWZ

HarlettOScara Wed 14-Nov-12 22:11:10

I missed that, Beyond but I'll happily take you up on your offer of a copy. I'll just check my Kindle email address and PM you.

In awe that you are finding time to read with 2 wee ones. I'm obviously doing something wrong grin

wintera Wed 14-Nov-12 22:13:39

I've just ordered world war z on the kindle. But I also have a four month old so we'll see how it goes!

grin I started reading it at 7.30pm as I was putting the youngest to sleep, put it down at gone midnight, then finished off the last hour or so the next day

Skelacia Thu 15-Nov-12 14:06:54

I would say though, if you read the Rise of the Governor you may end up like me screaming at the TV about what is wrong and why they set up back story specific to the TV series if they were seemingly going to ignore it. wink

ProjectNice Thu 15-Nov-12 14:13:23

Don't say that I'm 67% through...

Skelacia Thu 15-Nov-12 14:21:09

I am assuming they'll pull it all together at some point, maybe the mid season finale, but I do spend a chunk of Monday night ranting with my too-impatient-to-wait-for-Friday friends about it grin

itsatrap Fri 16-Nov-12 15:05:49

I'm a little confused regarding the books. Was looking on Amazon to get books for dp, I got 'compendium 1', then I see the books you refer to on here 'rise of the governor etc. What's the difference? Are they related to each other / TVs series? Tia.

Anyway, back to the thread, can't wait for tonight's episode! Any bets on who will be next to become zombie fodder?

Really missing Darryl in the comics sad

NotAChocolateRaisin Fri 16-Nov-12 18:32:30

itsatrap - no idea about the books. Confused me for ages but the links I put up are deffo the books linked to the series.

itsatrap Sat 17-Nov-12 21:01:02

Thanks nota ill get both, cover all my bases!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 18-Nov-12 01:20:15

How come maggies hands were covered in blood when she brought the baby out into the yard - but the baby was clean - would be a not stained with blood

Also she didn't cut the cord / you saw her lift the baby out of stomach and cord attached but that was it

And 8oz - be lucky to get 1 oz down baby.

I night nanny for 9week prem twins (now 12 weeks old but really 3 iyswim) and one baby has just only just started to tar 2.5oz

Melty Mon 19-Nov-12 13:50:09

I have sinned and watched the new episode.
Michonne kicks ass.
Am now seriously needing to see next weeks.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 15:59:21

shame on you melty shock

redlac Mon 19-Nov-12 21:07:44

I'm watching it now Melty smile

Melty Mon 19-Nov-12 21:22:23

Its a very very good episode.
And I hate Andrea. (or the actions of Andrea)

ListenUpIdBeAGreatLifeCoachMe Tue 20-Nov-12 06:06:01

I need to see next weeks, I dislike the coming up next week bit when the man with the special voice suggests we look at the official website for more. I want 60 minutes more nnot just a quick flash of possibilites.

bettys Tue 20-Nov-12 06:51:52

Loved that last scene with Michonne! She is so cool (and her way of spelling is darkly funny). How wrong is Andrea, she is going to feel so bad! She is the new Lori as far as disliking a character.
And Daryl showed a much softer side to himself, I can't see a reunion with Merle going down well at all.

ListenUpIdBeAGreatLifeCoachMe Tue 20-Nov-12 09:49:46

Andrea the new Lori, not sure whether it's the script or whether these two women can't express more than one emotion. Compare them to Egg who seems to be able to show fear, lack of confidence, leadership, etc they're a bit 'thin'.

wintera Tue 20-Nov-12 10:54:52

Andrea has always been an annoying bugger though! Thank god for Michonne and Maggie or all the women characters would be useless bints. And Carol if she ever comes back, I was starting to like her as well. Much better this season.

Such a shame what they've done with Andrea, she was a good character in the first season too. In the first season she had really good chemistry with Rick, I always thought they would end up together if anything happened to Lori. Am not so sure now though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now