Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Mar-13 15:38:08

Ooooh, and Merle came so close to getting the Governor! Stupid kid in the way!
angry

TwllBach Sat 30-Mar-13 15:49:08

Whaaaaat - tomorrow? Is that in the uk?

I am definitely going to have to watch today's episode again. Normally I love seeing all the different bits like the rosary etc and I missed them this morning. Maybe TWD is a bit heavy for 8.30am grin

I do think daryl would have been a little bit relieved if michone had killed merle.

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Mar-13 15:54:10

No, I'm in the US. smile

limitedperiodonly Sat 30-Mar-13 16:09:52

Good for Earl/Merle. He came good in the end even though the end was wretched.

I remember him from Mississippi Burning. Didn't exactly redeem himself in that one, but I do admire an actor brave enough to take the part of a hateful simpleton grin

The Governor is going to get his in the finale, surely? Merle's near-miss was text book. I think Milton will sacrifice himself after a dithery, tension-filled stand-off and I wouldn't mind if Andrea goes too. She must have terrible cramp because she's been tied to that dentist's chair in The Governor's basement for over a week now.

I don't think Beth is an important enough character to die. You could be right with Glenn. I usually fastforward through the opening credits but watched them this time and it features The Watch. The Watch That Herschel Gave Glenn in Season 2 that Glenn showed to Herschel in what was surely A Meaningful Scene shortly after he'd snapped that walker's fingers to get her very impressive diamond ring.

Glenn may be walker-fodder in the finale. Maggie will keep The Watch and that impressive but now worthless ring. Possibly she's incubating a Baby Glenn. One more thing for Rick to worry about.

I'm going to watch it again soon to confirm the religious imagery and the struggle between good and evil. Yes, I am a saddo who's kept it. Then I'm going to put Life of Brian on because it's an Easter tradition in this house.

limitedperiodonly Sat 30-Mar-13 16:12:33

twllbach I woke up at 6am and waited until 7am to watch last night's recording because that seemed more decent. It felt like being a kid at Christmas. I am officially sad.

TwllBach Sat 30-Mar-13 16:24:50

No not sad grin ad I've kept all of this season to watch again

I don't want to think about them killing Glenn <sob> but I think you're right sad now that he has reconciled with maggie (The Sex) and had Herschels blessing and proposed and they are relatively happy... It doesn't look good.

limitedperiodonly Sat 30-Mar-13 16:26:00

On second thoughts I think Milton will bugger it up and Rick will have to kill The Governor. Still holding on to the hope that Andrea will die painfully, perhaps put out of her misery by Milton.

Will Rick be the new Governor of Woodbury, or will he make a speech like Brian to the masses saying: 'You're all individuals' only to have them saying: 'I'm not.'?

NoHank Sat 30-Mar-13 17:42:31

D'ya know, I enjoyed this weeks so much I completely forgot about Andrea grin

Re Merle (again, sorry) I think I remember him saying something about he only wanted to be with his brother. After spending time at the prison with him maybe he realised that's where Daryl wanted to be and knowing he would never be properly accepted he made the decision to do what he did so that Daryl wouldn't be forced to choose between him and the others. I do think in the end he went to Woodbury knowing he wouldn't be coming back and his final act was to protect Darly as much as he could.

I am now very worried about Glenn though sad And I still think Tyrese is going to figure in some way come the end. DH and I were talking last night about what we thought they might do. He thinks they will stay and try and defend the prison but I think they will leave - but with some plan in mind for taking the governor out. They must realise they will never be safe as long as he is still alive.

One thing I can't stop thinking about though is how on earth Woodbury is supposed to be safe. I mean is it a whole town they have or just one main street. And even if it is just a street surely there are a million ways to get onto it and it can't be defended just by putting up a wall at one end??? I mean, I live on a quiet street with just 5 houses on each side and even here there are numerous ways to get onto the street apart from the end of the road. There are doors, windows, gates, gaps between houses, a small wood at the back etc. It's a logistical nightmare goes off to update zombie plan and invest in lots of fence panels

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Mar-13 17:44:45

I think if either Glenn or Maggie has to go, it'd be better for Glenn to die. Maggie will carry on, Glenn wouldn't. But I don't want it to be either of them! sad

This is why, even though I think they love each other, I don't want Carol/Daryl to happen for a long while yet...if they get together it would spell death for one of them, most likely Carol, and I love her.

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Mar-13 17:46:09

I wouldn't mind if Andrea dies. I don't hate her, but, meh. Or Milton.

CheerfulYank Sat 30-Mar-13 17:46:50

Yeah I think Tyreese and Sasha will be big next season. I really like him so far!

Coconutty Sat 30-Mar-13 17:56:38

I hope Glenn gets eaten, am bored with his haunted look. And Maggie is bound to be 'with child' so he'll kind of live on anyway.

I think next week will come down to a 1-1 with Rick and the gov, then I think Milton will interrupt them and kill the gov.

NoHank Sat 30-Mar-13 18:12:33

Yes, I already care more about Tyreese's character than I do about Andrea even though she has been around since the beginning. She just seems to irritate me now when I see her and I don't think I'd give a flying monkeys if anything happens to her. And who knows, it may have already happened. She may still be strapped to that dentists chair and be turned already. They didn't reference her at all in this last episode did they.

TwllBach Sat 30-Mar-13 19:34:36

I think they didn't reference her because there is something horrible coming that will involve her. He won't have turned her, he will have been just horrendous to her. OR he was keeping her alive until he brought Michone back because he knew it would torture them both, knowing that he was hurting the both of them.

Would they really have another pregnancy storyline so soon after Baby Judith?Although I suppose that could be a deciding factor in whether they stay in Woodbury after they takeout the Governor.

I think, if Maggie is pregnant though, she will tell Glenn and then she will die. And then possibly Milton will keep her corpse alive while pumping the womb full of goodness so the baby can survive.

ILovePonyo Sat 30-Mar-13 19:43:49

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it made me chuckle - walking dead and toy story have the same plot shocker!

Am watching last nights episode tonight when dp gets home so am trying not to read thread....

NoHank Sat 30-Mar-13 22:59:12

Pumping the womb full of goodness. When I first read that I had visions of an iv drip full of ovaltine grin

Thingymajigs Sun 31-Mar-13 11:09:56

That was the worst proposal in TV history. But I guess her options are limited so a ring cut off a zombie's finger and shoved into her palm will have to do.
Did anyone notice that Daryl looked different? He seemed obviously styled last night. Perhaps a fresh dye job and a new haircut.
iloveponyo DP and I were just giggling over that. It's true, its the exact same story!
We reckon that its definitely Glenn's time to go. He doesn't seem to have a place and he's not that great of a character.

susiedaisy Sun 31-Mar-13 13:33:29

I noticed Daryl's hair dye jobsmile

Can't believe everyone's writing off Glenn, him along with Herschel make up the moral compass of the group amongst the men! Leave him alone!!wink

CheerfulYank Sun 31-Mar-13 14:39:03

I definitely don't want Glenn to go, but I feel like he might. sad

Yes Carol needs to get ahold of Daryl and shag him chop some of that hair off. It did, to my eyes, make him look more like a lost little unkempt boy...maybe that's what they were going for.

TwllBach Sun 31-Mar-13 14:58:17

I'm going to go against the grain here but I really don't want a Caryl pairing. I just want them to be friends - good friends but not sex friends.

Although he does deserve someone who could "look after" him I guess, but I think he would take a lot of pride and self worth out of a relationship with someone who wasn't quite as handy as he is. Not a total weed, but someone that he can have that is "pure" in a non killing, depth of soul kind of way so it feels like he has something clean and that he has something special.

FFS I'm not making any sense.

limitedperiodonly Sun 31-Mar-13 16:39:16

Caryl - good hybrid. I can't see them together because for ages I thought she was older than she is. It's partly my fault, it's because she's prematurely grey, but she's very mumlike.

I noticed Daryl's hair too. The fringe seemed parted a bit self-consciously and I think he'd had a reddish conditioning colour put on. Is he still with Helena Christensen? This is what puts me off Norman Reedus because she's really earnest so I imagine he must be too. Plus, they called their child a name that would be instantly changed to Minge by bullies and he'd spend a lifetime unconvincingly laughing it off.

Also, his jacket with angel wings on the back was intact. Didn't his jacket get shredded a couple of episodes ago which meant that Merle saw the scars from their dad's beatings on Daryl's back? Daryl doesn't look like the sort of person who'd have a wide range of clothing and that winged jacket doesn't look like a recent purchase from a passing walker like the one Glenn mugged for her engagement ring.

And how long has he been displaying a red hanky from the right rear pocket of his jeans? What does it mean? When I was at school we were obsessed with secret gay codes, which pocket your hanky was in, what colour it was, which ear was pierced.

We were completely wrong as we lived in the exotic gay hotspot that was '70s/80s suburban Essex and got our information from that Al Pacino film Cruising grin I guess Daryl might be signalling something else.

NoHank Sun 31-Mar-13 17:51:37

TwllBach, I'm with you. I don't want to see them get together in the traditional sense. I really enjoy watching them as they are. I think they really do care for each other though. Carol is a bit more obvious about it but it is definitely mutual.

The scene that touched me the most was the episode after the walkers got into the prison and Carol was missing. Darly found her knife sticking out of a walker and figured out she was the one trapped behind the door. Only he thought she had been turned and that he was going to have to finish her off. Any other member of the group and he would have just strolled in and done the job but because he thought it was Carol he had to really psyche himself up to go through the door. I think I may have cried at that point blush

TwllBach Sun 31-Mar-13 18:19:09

YY there's obviously a huuuuuuge amount of feeling there from both sides and I think it is love but not a girlfriend/boyfriend love <woefully inadequate vocabulary>

It's the sort of relationship that I hanker after. Everybody else just has a normal relationship - father and children, lovers, friends. Carol and daryl goes deeper, it's based on a fundamental understanding of each other at an almost spiritual level I think.

<wanders off in search of a life>

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 31-Mar-13 19:08:13

Romantic proposal - erm not. A ring off a dead person

Blonde shudders

- least he asked daddy first smile

limitedperiodonly Sun 31-Mar-13 21:23:14

That ring thing annoyed me. Neither Glenn nor Maggie is the sort of person who'd steal something. A ring taken from a walker would appal you, wouldn't it? She used to be a person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now