Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:20:18

Left hand? <throws phone out window>

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 23:28:13

<proud>
Yy someone up thread said he was big in the comic, but then apparently daryl wasn't in them at all and he's basically te main character of my fantasies now, so maybe they haven't written him in fully?

Chances are though, they'll meet up again. What's not to like about a group of men that can handle themselves - even if half of them fancied their chances against carol and Carl <arf>

Carol is growing on me - she's toughened up but in a totally empowered way since her husband died. It's happened because she's free, not because she's had to like the others.

susiedaisy Fri 22-Feb-13 23:33:37

Fab episode, great fight scene at the end, I really thought we might loose herschel for a moment, lori needs to piss off, loving daryl, I think he will kill Merle in the end!

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:36:44

Yes carol is great now. But remember what she said in the last episode. Something about how she hoped if her husband came through the door she would be strong enough not to leave with him. I think that's one of the reasons I love this show. Yes there is loads of blood and gore but the people are real, not just a load of zombie fighting heroes.
I hope Merle tries or does something to carol. He'll soon realise how much she has changed and it will give Daryl a chance to shoot him

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:41:56

That reminds me. Why don't they call them zombies? The show is set in our world where we all know what zombies are iyswim, but I don't think I've ever heard any of them say the word. Ricks group call them walkers and the guv's group call them biters.

Just something I've wondered

TwllBach Sat 23-Feb-13 00:04:53

Maybe because zombies are things from films and computer games, things in RL that are light hearted and maybe a bit comical, a bit fantastical. Maybe in their life, they're just too horrific to be reconciled with the things we watched on the tv with a bag if popcorn.

I don't know if I explained that very well...

susiedaisy Sat 23-Feb-13 08:56:43

That's a good explanation twi

NotHank, I noticed that. I honestly think they don't think of "zombies" in the same way as if smoeone you knew came through and attacked you...you just wouldn't. You'd assumed breakdown, disease. It's a viral thing I think. Zombies seem fantastic. But I was interested to realise sometime after S1 that despite DH and I calling it "Zombies" the z-word was never actually mentioned.

Whew, just watched that episode,a dn just when I thought it was getting dull... can someone explain to me where they all were at the end? Were the zombies in the air lock thing? Or had they managed to kill em all? Had the guvoner etc just driven off when they unleashed the walkers? Because the way they were all standing at the fence, he could have picked them off. As DH said why didn't they just let Michonne go and decapitate them 5 at a time - it's what she does best smile Rick has completely washed his hands of the baby as far as I can tell, and left it to the wimmin. Beth no longer irritates me. In fact there's a severe lack of irritation in this one.

And does anyone else look at merle and think "your breath muct STINK"?
Not sure why

TwllBach Sun 24-Feb-13 00:04:55

I think the governor left because he either assumed his walkers would kill them off or he just didn't care because he feels like he can come back any time and pick them off one by one.

Spoonful Sun 24-Feb-13 08:03:08

I think the Guv'na was sending them a message that he has all the power, and he can come ruin their safe haven whenever he feels like it, kill one, kill half of them, and there isn't anything they can do about it.
He doesn't care about killing them all because he doesn't really believe they are a threat, he just wants them to know he is The Boss, because they pissed him off.

NoHank Sun 24-Feb-13 11:08:29

Mmmm, yes, good points about the zombie thing Twll and SPB. I can kind of understand why now. That thing of zombies being the stuff of make believe therefore even if thats what they look like, they couldn't possible be that so they give them a different name. I can't help thinking though if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.....grin

Re the guv'nor I definitely think he was sending a message, and also a warning. I don't think he would have thought they all would be killed as they are obviously a bunch of tough cookies to have lasted that long.

I'm pretty sure the zombies were in the yard bit between Rick, Daryl and Merle and the rest of them inside the gates. There were definintely some still alive so they are going to have to fight there way back through them.

I'm worrying now about the effect Merle will have on Darly. I can see him ripping the piss out of him everytime he does or says something that Merle considers to be weak (i.e. for anyone elses benefit or the good of the group) Not sure how Darly is going to react to him. On the one hand he is his big brother and he seems to have looked up to him a lot, but on the other hand he may be starting to see him for what he is. I thought it was really telling the way he left him in the woods to go back to the prison and it was Merle that followed him. I just hope he doesn't start changing in order to impress Merle.

And what will Michonne do to him. Last time she saw him he was chasing her through the woods trying to kill her!

And finally (I'll shut up soon, promise) these are the first scenes we have seen Daryl and Merle together aren't they? Even though we have always known they are brothers, Merle was left behind in Atlanta before we met Daryl. Just thought it was really interesting because we know so much about their "dynamic" through what little Daryl has spoken about them but never actually seen them together before. realises I am now massively overthinking this and goes off to get a hobby

Thanks for the explanation around their positions and why the guvoner left.
We're merely and daryl not together in the beginning? Before merge got chained to a pipe on the roof?

Aspiemum2 Sun 24-Feb-13 13:24:06

We didn't see them together as we first saw Merle when he was part of the group out for supplies when Rick rode in nonchalantly on horseback - then the horse got eaten and Rick got trapped in the tank! One of my favourite episodes with Glenn saying something like "comfy in there?"

NoHank Sun 24-Feb-13 13:25:11

Yes they were together with the Shane and Lori group but we didn't see them together at any point.

The first time we saw Daryl was when Rick went with Glenn and co back to the group after leaving Merle on the rooftop. The first time we see them actually together is when they meet up at Woodbury iyswim. Probably not explaining very well!

Anyone else watching the next episode (episode 11) tonight?! Excited to see what happens after the guv'na walker-bombed...

I do believe you NH - but it is strange!

TwllBach Fri 01-Mar-13 22:11:57

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

<excited>
<bites fingernails>
<salutes Herschel>

loler Fri 01-Mar-13 22:20:04

I just wanted share - DH met Egg from this life in Zurich airport this week (I say met, I mean stalked). He was on his way back from skiing to start filming series 4 - Yippee!!

TwllBach Fri 01-Mar-13 22:37:16

Please tell me he was wonderful grin

loler Sat 02-Mar-13 20:47:16

DH said he was completely lovely and didn't appear to mind being hassled by a mad man - guess he has lots of practise! He even smiled when told the I call him Egg (he'll always be Egg).

Naff all on TV tonight have the walking dead box set shouting at me.

NoHank Sat 02-Mar-13 21:26:17

Just watching now. I am almost certain in the scene with the matchstick it is the guvs left eye that had the eye patch and then the one where Andrea returns it is his right. If so that's some miraculous recovery he's made!

MunchMunch Sat 02-Mar-13 21:29:26

I noticed the eye patch changing sides as well.

I want more walkers though and thought when one let himself into Woodbury we were in for an invasion but no!

Not liking Rick's visions either.

NoHank Sat 02-Mar-13 21:33:19

TwllBach I said to dh at the start I always feel really nervous before it even starts.

The trailer for next week looks good. I read somewhere that the director said he separates the characters from the rest of the group sometimes to develop their story so looking forward to seeing a bit more of Michonne.

And I have to say that as much as Andreapee's me off, she would be pretty handy in a fight

NoHank Sat 02-Mar-13 21:35:11

No, Rick needs to get his act together. Another reason I'm looking forward to next week is seeing him out there again with a plan and kicking some ass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now