Is anyone else watching Hunted on BBC1?

(89 Posts)
gingercat12 Sun 04-Nov-12 18:26:45

It is my newest guilty pleasure.

MsInterpret Tue 06-Nov-12 16:53:50

Ooh thanks for the blog link.

Started watching on iPlayer on phone in middle of night while BFing and now hooked! Episode 5 lined up for tonight!

MG's British accent is appalling isn't it?! Also think Scottish one v wooden.

Which one is Rupert Penry Jones? Is it Fowkes?

LadyMargolotta Tue 06-Nov-12 16:56:38

That blog is great, thanks for the link!

I love MG despite or perhaps because of the crap accent.

TheSmallPrint Tue 06-Nov-12 18:53:44

Um I don't think RPJ is in it MsInterpret although I wish he was! grin

MsInterpret Tue 06-Nov-12 19:30:34

oh blush

Was he in Spooks then, was that the reference?!

<never watched spooks emoticon> shock

gingercat12 Tue 06-Nov-12 19:56:56

RPJ was in Spooks.

SufferingLampreys Tue 06-Nov-12 19:57:49

Yes RPJ was Adam in spooks <drool>

TheSmallPrint Tue 06-Nov-12 19:59:55

Yep the rather gorgeous Adam. I nearly cried when he blew him up.

EasyFromNowOn Tue 06-Nov-12 20:57:47

Oh, ginger you are so not alone in watching Strike Back! Casting RA in the first series was genius because I probably wouldn't have started watching it. It's so very different now, but it is just as addictive. I do have quite low standards though!

MsInterpret Fowkes is played by the improbably named Lex Shrapnel!

MsInterpret Tue 06-Nov-12 21:30:07

Yes, just spotted that on the blog! EasyFromNowOn It's got to be a...stage name?! Perhaps his real name is John Smith. wink

EasyFromNowOn Tue 06-Nov-12 22:43:14

no, according to IMBD his real name is Alexander Shrapnel, and the surname is also used by his father and grandfather so it looks like it might be for real shock

SinisterBuggyMonth Thu 08-Nov-12 21:23:50

The body count is so high in this and its mostly the "good guys" responsible.

I miss Spooks. The evil damn cockney wouldnt have lasted 1 episode before Harry Pearce would br donning his black leather gloves to dispatch him.
Am getting a bit of a girlcrush MG though...

PseudoBadger Thu 08-Nov-12 22:06:05

I just watched half the first episode on my phone in the bath. It's..... intriguing. Shall I carry on watching?

gingercat12 Fri 09-Nov-12 11:38:06

PseudoBadger Oh, yes. If you want to have a good laugh. It is very entertaining and stylish. Maybe take the sound off. The dialogue is wooden.

gingercat12 Fri 09-Nov-12 11:39:01

Pseudo And afterwards may I suggest you read the Guardian blog. That makes the show such fun!

EasyFromNowOn Fri 09-Nov-12 12:18:25

tbh the Guardian blog is worth reading even if you aren't watching the show, it's very funny!

Am intrigued to know what's in the file the policeman gave to Turner Jr.

thecalpollady Fri 09-Nov-12 12:19:57

Yep I'm glued to it too. Very dark!

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 09-Nov-12 15:04:04

Marking my place to mock the accents to read later, just watched the last two episodes, I think next week is the last one, quite a lot to tie up isn't there?!

TheSmallPrint Fri 09-Nov-12 16:49:46

So any the wiser after last night?

How did pouty get into the Drs computer? Even I've got a password on mine. confused

And as pretty as Aidan is (and lets face it, he's worth a second look) his acting is so wooden it's painful!

LadyMargolotta Fri 09-Nov-12 17:11:36

'How did pouty get into the Drs computer?'

I was thinking that. And she searched her own name? Many search engines remember what has been searched.

Still no wiser but can't wait to read the blog.

TheSmallPrint Fri 09-Nov-12 18:05:45

Yes I thought that too - 'I know, I'll type my own name in the search engine cos that's a good idea!' confused grin

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 09-Nov-12 18:08:59

The scene where Goebel pinned Sam down to the ground in broad daylight in a London straight, whilst Injecting her eye confused made me think 'yeah, right'.... And the fact that Sam has been snooping in the turner house so much and jack hasn't noticed? But he suspects anything and everything else?!

Still love it though.

EasyFromNowOn Fri 09-Nov-12 18:35:57

There's two more episodes to go.

gingercat12 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:16:16

I really liked the fact that even the cast is reading the Guardian blog grin

2 more episodes and then season 2 in Germany? Wonder how they can fill all that airtime. I hope with Aidan... Preferably just looking very hot. Why does not he reveal his real name?

On a different note I promised to stop watching Strike Back, as there is only so much nonsense I can take. But the next season will be shot in my home town again. Last time it made me feel so homesick... I'll have to watch it.

NicholasTeakozy Fri 09-Nov-12 19:43:36

I watch it too. It's utterly bonkers and MGs accent is all over the shop. I forgive her 'cos she's cute.

SufferingLampreys Fri 09-Nov-12 20:46:14

I think I need to watch some of this strike back
Where do I go about finding it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now