Why am I addicted to Real Housewives of NYC?

(955 Posts)
Littlemisspoorly Fri 02-Nov-12 16:52:15

I shout at the TV and they all seem like back stabbing bitches...but I'm hooked!

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:20:56

And I am a nurse with 26 yrs of experience and an overview of all kinds of patients/people not a subjective overview. I read research too. Obesity is not a natural nor more likely result of MS-that is a very simplistic overview.

Whether she lied is not relevant to my statement.She is no more or less typical than the hundreds and hundreds of people with MS and related mental health problems that I have encountered over the years.

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:21:38

Oh, and I have a relatively mild form of it too-since the age of 28

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:22:58

God i seem to have a thing about the term 'overview' today Duh!

I am a nurse too with longer experience so we could go round in circles on this one. I am not going to start bringing MS research onto what was meant to be a light hearted thread.

MrsBucketxx Thu 13-Dec-12 11:24:24

i wonder if she will be at the renunion?

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:24:52

I agree but it would maybe be nice to know you and share experiences of what can be such a tough condition and a tough profession to be in with it smile

surprised to read Michale suffering with MS. I thought she looked ill. She is very scrawny .

I think I was correct to challenge the MS = scrawny

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Thu 13-Dec-12 11:25:37

Sorry to read that Toughasoldboots sad

What a dreadful thing to lie about. Michale is truly vile. angry

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:26:22

I'm scrawny and I have been very unsell with it in the past. Thankfully stable now. Shame Michaele had to lie about tha though......smile

Maybe she is a dufus who muddled ME with MS?

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:28:36

Does anybody know if ITV2 will be showing the Atlanta, Beverley Hills or NJ versions? Have heard that Atlanta is really vicious. Those Steel Magnolias can fight mean.....

Sorry for the typos. My fingers are misbehaving today. It is soooo cold.

I am on the chunkier side, I wish my appetite was affected more grin

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Thu 13-Dec-12 11:34:45

I have never watched any of those Mignoette. I wonder what we will get next. No more repeats, please! grin

I will have to watch this afternoons DC reunion tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:37:22

Did DC crash and burn after one series then? Can imagine that security restrictions would make filming quite a challenge in much of DC. Wondered whether Edwina had an attack of the vapours resulting in a hospital admission when she heard Cat/Palin had turned up at her soiree! I know it was called vetigo but was it triggered by the Cat?

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 11:38:00

VeRtigo, not vetigo. Bad bad day....sad

MrsBucketxx Thu 13-Dec-12 12:04:41

it was aired in 2010 so i think there wont be another.

EggNogRules Thu 13-Dec-12 12:22:27

mignonette NJ is on Bio on Mondays at 9pm. It used to be on C4 rather than ITV so hopefully it will be repeated on Freeview somewhere.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Dec-12 14:04:40

The Whitehouse!!! shock OMG!

Wrt MS - the only person I know who has it is scrawny BUT I doubt Michaele has it at all, I wouldn't believe her if she said t was raining.

Roll on RHOBH!

vjg13 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:58:20

It was jaw dropping today. Is it the reunion tomorrow? I can't stand Cat but like Mary, Stacie and even Lynda.

Mynewmoniker Thu 13-Dec-12 16:59:24

Loving the discussion arguments on the catch-up.

Mynewmoniker Thu 13-Dec-12 17:04:32

"This is a goat rodeo if ever I've seen one!" grin I must remember that line to use later!

HullaBalloo Thu 13-Dec-12 17:22:22

The Salahis are unbelievable. What the hell is wrong with them ?

Mynewmoniker Thu 13-Dec-12 17:30:09

Narcassistic grin can't even spell it!

HoHoHokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 13-Dec-12 17:33:45

They are mad as a bog of frogs, oh my god how can the whole world me wrong, but not them?!!

mignonette Thu 13-Dec-12 17:44:03

I am slack mouthed with horrified fascination over this series.

Not surprised Cats husband ran away very fast. How on earth will she manage to remain in the USA as a divorcee? How would she qualify for a owrk or residency visa without her spouse? I'm interested to know if anybody can enighten me on this....

Cannot help having a twinge of sympathy for the Salahi's simply because they are vulnerable through their own oddness; especially him. He actually seemed to be the more vulnerable one with regards to wanting to confide in Stacey and Jason at their home.

HullaBalloo Thu 13-Dec-12 17:45:15

Yes - narcissists. Stacie just said that too. Very scary to witness their total belief that nothing was their fault. I find him repellent and she seems deluded and in thrall to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now