Why am I addicted to Real Housewives of NYC?

(955 Posts)
Littlemisspoorly Fri 02-Nov-12 16:52:15

I shout at the TV and they all seem like back stabbing bitches...but I'm hooked!

LightHousekeeping Thu 06-Dec-12 18:24:37

Bring on Beverley hills!

I agree new housewives are introduced gradually and it was a mistake to have a huge cull and bring in three randoms who knew nothing of each other.

thenightsky Thu 06-Dec-12 18:30:53

Just watching the DC lot on +1. They seem even bigger lushes than Ramona!

WhatTheFookIsGangnamStyle Thu 06-Dec-12 18:31:28

I hope so too. I switched the tv off after watching 10 mins of this new lot. BORING! I love OC Vicki Gunvalson and Heather Dubrow. Bring them back! Wouldn't it be interesting if Bravo introduced the RH of OC to RH of NY. I wonder how they would all get along.

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Thu 06-Dec-12 18:35:56

My TV has been on pause, for ages... I don't like these new ones, it's too sunny and bright and I don't like the talking, or their voices or, I do believe I have lost an addiction, what will I do at 3.40pm daily now... sad Definitely cancelling Sky now....

RabidCarrot Thu 06-Dec-12 18:50:46

I really really really HATE Aviva,
The woman is barking

RabidCarrot Thu 06-Dec-12 18:53:15

wonderingwendy Thu 06-Dec-12 17:19:04
where can i watch the orange county ones online for free ?

have you tried watchseries.eu

RabidCarrot Thu 06-Dec-12 18:56:43

I missed a whole lot of this so far, did Luanne shag someone on the girls trip?

Surly that is not a "classy" thing to do grin I mean she must know her boyfriend would see the show

LightHousekeeping Thu 06-Dec-12 19:00:35

I don't think we really know that she actually shagged him. I mean, her children and bf must watch it. She is far too sophisticated for a one night stand. Unlike that blinking Sonja who would shag owt in trousers.

Hoho - yeah I use it all the time and have for a few years- you can watch all kinds on there!! grin

EggNogRules Thu 06-Dec-12 19:19:12

I thank gawd for Heather and Carole in this series. The oldies are full of themselves and just fight to get airtime. They film about 85 hours to get 45 mins for teh show. Imagine how many times they have all had to listen to Aviva moan on about the same old thing?

Reunion parts I and II and lost clips show have both been filmed and broadcast, just not in the UK/on ITV2 ( yet, I hope). They normally get repeated on Saturday lunchtimes.

I call shenanigans on Luanne. I think Luanne and Sonja both dabbled with Tomas the Pirate; Sonja admitted it on the show. Luanne admits on the reunion that there were no Italians and that Tomas came back to the villa to be 'shown around'. After her escapades were broadcast, it was hard for her to do anything else. She made herself look a right tit with her jackanory nonsens. It is very stange/gross that Tomas hooked up with Sonja the next night.

Aviva should not have sent her Dad with the cheque, however, he always got on very well with Ramona. It is ok for Mario to confront Jacques on Ramona's behalf but not for Aviva's Dad to do the same. hmm Same self-centered double standards.

I've decided to 'just say no' to any new RH series. I've hardly got time for NY/NJ and OC.

EggNogRules Thu 06-Dec-12 19:26:05

LuAnne says in her blog "I met Aviva at party right after I moved back from Switzerland and we've been friends ever since. I'm also friendly with her ex-husband, Harry." I think Sonja/ Ramona stated to Aviva that they had all had sex with HArry. Aviva didn't give a shit about this. grin

shrimponastick Thu 06-Dec-12 19:38:59

Is series 6 due on tv soon??
I have to say that I haven't enjoyed this series as much,. Too many newbies.

SwedishEdith Thu 06-Dec-12 19:53:17

Have gone completely off Aviva but I quite like Reid. (Reid, ffs)

I quite liked it when Heather said "I love you" to Carole. It was such a releived "Thank fuck, you're normal"

How old are they all?

shrimponastick Thu 06-Dec-12 19:56:11

Aviva said she was 41. I know Ramona is at least 55.

I think Lu Anne is about 43?

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Thu 06-Dec-12 19:58:24

Project Free have lots of missing shows the reunions and all, I will download them at the weekend.
I like the OC ones best I think!

SwedishEdith Thu 06-Dec-12 20:01:53

Yes, I thought I heard Aviva say she was 41 - looks a lot older to me

shrimponastick Thu 06-Dec-12 20:05:58

Agree. They all have good figures and hair, but the faces look older.

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Thu 06-Dec-12 20:11:49

Ramoanalot is 57!! Looks good imo, these ladies give me hope, out pulling at all ages... grin

janelikesjam Thu 06-Dec-12 21:50:09

Reid, though. He's 12 right? (bitchiness is catching).

I'm just glad its over <sighs of relief>

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 06-Dec-12 22:00:41

This season was quite stressful. Did heather get a nose job after she walked into the door?

ujjayi Thu 06-Dec-12 22:08:48

Luann is 47 (that's what she told the acupuncturist).

I love Carole & Heather. They are sane and balanced and I reckon would be a right laugh on a night out.

Ramona is off the planet. She is out of control, beyond rude and embarrassing to watch. Ditto Sonya. I had some sympathy for Sonya to begin with but now I think she is as manipulative, self-centred and rude as Ramona.

Aviva - well I wanted to like her but she needs to learn when to move on from an incident.

daisydoodoo Fri 07-Dec-12 00:01:46

just watched the Sonja and aviva meeting in the restaurant where Sonja rebukes aviva' s apology. pretty cringeworthy tv to watch.

I'm so behind but looking forward to series 6 to see what happens.

still have my episode and first dc to watch not sure when I will get the time.

valiumredhead Fri 07-Dec-12 09:28:39

heather really is fab at getting her point across effectively but without shouting - I admire her for that.

Dear God Aviva neds to SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! I would rebuke's Aviva's apology too if I were Sonja!

Watched the new DC one - first 20 mins was boring then it really perked up -Cat seems like the new Ramonia wink

valiumredhead Fri 07-Dec-12 09:28:58

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 07-Dec-12 09:38:24

The DC housewives speak soooooo slowly compared to the NY ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now