Any Fresh Meat fans out there?

(54 Posts)

DH and I LOVE this. Is scarily brilliantly accurate. Watched the first episode whilst expressing last year, now can watch the second series with wine and fingers crossed sleeping babies and it's even better.

No-one else?

maxmillie Sat 17-Nov-12 22:21:11

Yes I too went to uni with a load of JPs, tho they were all doing "art history maaan" and they were all such mummies boys underneath. He's got a few more redeeming features tho, the ones from my era were all fast tracked into management positions they are no good at by Daddy and are complete twats that I now have to put up with at work.

comeonbishbosh Sat 17-Nov-12 21:22:32

I am being stalked by Fresh Meat. The geology trip location was 15mins down the road from us, and get this I have the same duvet cover as JP. (habitat, since you ask).

Meringue33 Fri 16-Nov-12 13:13:03

I love it, reminds me so much of uni days. At the time I think I thought I was as cool as Vod but probably in reality was more like Oregon

SleepyLittleSunshineGirl Fri 16-Nov-12 08:19:05

Half the people I went to Uni with were JP so I think that's why it tickles me so much!

maxmillie Fri 16-Nov-12 00:16:07

How!! It's the first properly hilarious British show I've seen in ages!!

Also that other one with JP in, bad education.

JP is just so sharply observed, it's hilarious, in a bitter sweet way like the best comedies.

getagoldtoof Thu 15-Nov-12 22:35:20

My DH doesn't get it either. Weird - it is so funny!

TheSmallPrint Thu 15-Nov-12 13:41:26

I love Fresh Meat but have to watch it away from DH. He just doesn't get programmes like this which is a bit unfortunate as I love them!

SleepyLittleSunshineGirl Thu 15-Nov-12 11:37:01

I have been crying with laughter at this week's episode. The bit with Dan Dan the Geology man telling Howard he'd got him a Shell placement, as JP and Kingsley arsed around in the background made me do a little wee!

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 08-Nov-12 20:15:47

Just watched this week's episode - sooo brilliant. I love Vod so much - what was the song playing when her and the handyman got down to it?

ViviPru Wed 31-Oct-12 22:58:36

Tunip grin

maxmillie Wed 31-Oct-12 22:29:15

love JP and Vod, one of the few programs that makes me laugh out loud at the moment.

TunipTheHollowVegemalLantern Wed 31-Oct-12 14:47:59

I used to have a flatmate like Sabine.
She changed GPs because the one near our college didn't give out free condoms. I said 'Is it really worth it, they're not that expensive!' and she said completely deadpan 'But you see, I use a lot.'

nipersvest Wed 31-Oct-12 14:45:28

omg! howard and sabine, jumanji grin

TunipTheHollowVegemalLantern Tue 30-Oct-12 22:03:20

Just starting....

ViviPru Thu 25-Oct-12 20:43:21

It's like the actress that plays Vod said when she was interviewed on Nemone, everyone has come together at the top of their game, the set designers, the writers, the actors, it's one of those doesn't-come-along-very-often triumphs....

cocoachannel Thu 25-Oct-12 20:41:53

DH and I love it. Series one was great but this one is even better.

MrsMymble Thu 25-Oct-12 20:35:06

Vod is my new girl crush grin

The BP man was Dr Fogarty in Hunderby and he's on some jobsite advert too (can't remember which one)

Was the BP man in The Office?

pictish Wed 24-Oct-12 10:28:21

Oh Vod is a creature to behold!

MrsBucketxx Wed 24-Oct-12 10:20:39

i didnt know her name was violet either, its been a really funny series, the sperm ice cubes had me howling.

ViviPru Wed 24-Oct-12 10:12:53

Yes I thought that too, Tunip. Vod looked AMAZING. I feel a girl crush coming on.....

TunipTheVegemal Wed 24-Oct-12 09:08:03

LMAO Vivipru.

Who was the actor that played the BP man who fancied Vod? Looked familiar but I couldn't place him.

ViviPru Tue 23-Oct-12 23:40:13

DP did industrial design at Uni. JPs phonerazor is not a million miles away from DP's first year project, the "Superzoomer" - a set of clippers-come-hairdryer that sucked instead of blowed. The similarities are astounding, including the oh so refined insulation tape... This evening, he's thoroughly enjoyed me resurrecting one of my favourite past times from the early days of our relationship, that being Let's All Take The Piss Out Of The Superzoomer.

anonacfr Tue 23-Oct-12 23:36:15

I haven't watched the second series yet but Vod is just fabulous. Remember her presentation on Salman Rushdie last series? Genius.

Love the way she calls Kingsley pussy man. She has all the best lines.

nipersvest Tue 23-Oct-12 23:31:51

wasn't sure about the josie mucking around on the job storyline given she's been portrayed as a flossing/anti bacterial mouthwash kind of girl. vod and the oil under the dress was excellent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now