Eastenders...

(230 Posts)

Just wondering who was looking after all the kids when Christian and Syed had their first dance. they put their daughter to bed then went out... hardly good parenting. Amy and kamil went missing too

ViviPru Tue 23-Oct-12 17:46:55

I call Syed The Weasel. Weaselly little weasel.

YouOldSlag Tue 23-Oct-12 17:57:51

I think he had a bloody cheek to go on honeymoon after bankrupting his family!

hattymattie Tue 23-Oct-12 18:37:32

What has happened to Michael and baby Scarlett - I seem to have missed some episodes and he's disappeared.

cheeseandmushroomghostie Tue 23-Oct-12 18:40:22

Do we know who Kat is shagging yet? Or have they just buried that plot line for a while? hmm

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 09:06:04

I have no idea what christian ever saw in SYed inthe first place he does whinge ALL THE TIME , I suspect the Kat shagger will be revealed at Christmas <yawn>

ViviPru Wed 24-Oct-12 11:45:21

Christian ought to get it on with Gary Lucy.

Loobylou222 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:02:48

I was wondering about Michael and Scarlett, no idea where they are! I think it comes out at Xmas who Kay was with.

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 12:05:25

Last time I saw Michael and scarlett the baby was screaming and he was in the livingroom sorting his tie or 'something' <worried> he should be the one havine SS intervention not Lola

Loobylou222 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:15:06

Are we trying to make a point or something re the fact that Lola is a great mum an had baby taken away and michelangelo is a terrible dad but ss not involved at all?

Loobylou222 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:15:34

I meant ee not we, I hate autocorrect!!!

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 12:17:09

I think it was said on another thread that maybe they are sterotyping Lola and Billy and then Michael is getting away with it so maybe thats where they are going <dunno>

YouOldSlag Wed 24-Oct-12 12:17:55

I think EE have done social services a lot of damage and has portrayed them as baby snatching villains.

Loobylou222 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:18:42

HAHAHAHA I have no idea why my phone thought I wanted to say michaelangelo!!!!!

ViviPru Wed 24-Oct-12 12:20:03

I thought you did it on purpose! Michelangelo it is forevermore for us sad sacs regular EE

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 12:20:09

YOUR you are right I think it is an awful storyline Lola didn't really do anything wrong and the social worker seemed really strict and then took the baby away It is just horrible. I know children who live in worse circumstances than Lola and SS work with the families to keep the children where they are,

ViviPru Wed 24-Oct-12 12:22:11

regular EE thread contributors that should have said.

Loobylou222 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:46:40

Well I've never had any dealings with ss, and dot know anyone who has, but would like to think that they are not as harsh in rl as what ee is making them out to be.

YouOldSlag Wed 24-Oct-12 13:05:05

My Mum used to be a social worker in that field and she says the priority was always to try and keep the baby with its mother as much as humanly possible. She said she preferred seeing a messy house and a well cared for baby than the other way around.

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 13:06:58

I just think they have show SS in a terrible light and EE is meant to deal with real ishoos and this is just rubbish I guess it was to give the baby to Phil poor lexie

BeingBooyhoo Wed 24-Oct-12 17:01:43

i agree. i think they did the SS storyline really badly and will have caused alot of unneccessary bad feeling amongst some people. i really dont know why they took lexi away based on, what? a few dirty pots and pans? i know lola punched a girl but i very much doubt the same in RL would have resulted in losing the baby. never mind them giving it to phil sodding mitchell!! i know it's for ratings etc but it could be a bit more realistic.

<goes to look for a life>

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 17:07:08

Isnt lola on probation or something It is pretty rubbish that they took the baby ,

>>runs after Being to find life

YouOldSlag Wed 24-Oct-12 17:09:00

Apparently they had a formal complaint from the British Association of Social Workers about its unrealistic portrayal of SS.

People forget that SW are there to help, not snatch, and this ludicrous storyline will just deter people from seeking help.

YouOldSlag Wed 24-Oct-12 17:11:23

Yes Lola was on probation and hit someone who threatened to kill her baby. The SW bumped into Billy who had 3 cans of lager in his bag, about three dishes hadn't been washed and Bingo! off the SW goes with the baby. Not so much as a court order in place.

But then SS came up with a better idea: let's give the baby to an ex con who barely knows her on the unproven grounds that he may be her grandfather.

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 17:11:35

*Apparently they had a formal complaint from the British Association of Social Workers about its unrealistic portrayal of SS.

People forget that SW are there to help, not snatch, and this ludicrous storyline will just deter people from seeking help.*

Good I am glad they complained such a pile of poop young girl has baby oh wait a dirty sink oh lets swoop for baby, and Grandad doesn't work oh that is terrible ridiculous storyline,

Mrsjay Wed 24-Oct-12 17:12:14

was the cans of Lager that did it hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now