The Honourable Thread of Downton Abbey - The Third

(610 Posts)
Moln Fri 19-Oct-12 19:34:18

Who filled up the last thread? Hmm?

All I wanted to say was Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

No!! I don't like him and he's a pants actor.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 06-Nov-12 14:28:20

On the whole I enjoyed this series too. Agree about Bates though.

squoosh Tue 06-Nov-12 14:31:41

I saw Thomas on Alan Carr's chat show last night. Oh he's so bloody handsome! And much more fun than Thomas . . . . . . unsurprisingly. Daisy was there too looking slightly more glam but I was too busy slobbering over Thomas/Rob to notice too much.

please tell me there's going to be a Christmas special <begs>

Millais Tue 06-Nov-12 16:09:07

Rose maybe brought in so that next series she is pregnant and Mary isn't they can bring up Rose's baby as their own... It would be too clumsy to introduce her at the start of a new series.

ppeatfruit Tue 06-Nov-12 16:17:22

Unless millais her experienced lover "knows a way how not to get prg." In those days they used to say it was the good girls who 'fell'.

diddl Tue 06-Nov-12 16:18:10

I thought that Rose was brought in so that Edith would think to check up on Gregson?

What´s the point of M&M bringing up someone else´s baby?

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 06-Nov-12 16:21:18

Yes there is a Christmas special.

phew

Animation Tue 06-Nov-12 19:02:55

I'm feeling sorry for lonesome baby Sybil - is any family member spending any time with her. They all seem so busy - Cora glanced across a field at her pram, and Mary rocked her a bit. I can't really see how viewers will care too much one way or another if Mary gets pregnant, when their isn't much passion around for kids.

Millais Tue 06-Nov-12 19:03:48

If they can't have their own? Or maybe not?

diddl Tue 06-Nov-12 19:58:56

Well it couldn´t be heir, which is all they seem to be bothered about...

Animation Tue 06-Nov-12 20:18:49

Who is heir at the moment?

tribpot Tue 06-Nov-12 21:12:29

Well, Matthew, as long as Lord 6 continues to grace us with his tweedy presence.

Moln Tue 06-Nov-12 23:45:51

Ah yes, hormone treatment. There may be a flaw in my solution...

ppeatfruit Wed 07-Nov-12 07:43:53

grin Moin I love this whole show actually i don't care about improbablities etc. life is usually stranger than fiction anyway. I met 4 english speaking french friends yesterday (i live between Fr. and U.K.) and they ALL watch on stream (i don't know the technicalities) and love it too I was surprised but very pleased smile.

Pooka Wed 07-Nov-12 08:10:46

Don't know how to link to you tube, but go on and search "the boyfriends guide to downton abbey". There's one for season one as well as season two and its brill.

ppeatfruit Wed 07-Nov-12 10:56:34

I googled it Pooka 'tis very funny thanks.

ScorpionQueen Mon 12-Nov-12 09:51:26

Last night was rubbish. I didn't know what to do with myself. Have added the boxsets to my Christmas list. I miss Downton!

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 25-Nov-12 13:40:55

OOh. Dan Stevens is not in all of S4...linky but will be in Xmas spesh, and maybe 1st ep of S4.

How will Matty die? Will Lady Mary pass on syphilis? Will Lord 6 stab him to death in a row over the estate? And more importantly, what info will he leave in his letter-from-the-grave that he will have to secrete somewhere, as is the DA rule?

squoosh Sun 25-Nov-12 13:52:29

I'm bloody delighted!

MrsjREwing Sun 25-Nov-12 14:22:35

Lady M will have a baby boy or a new cousin will marry Edith in S6.

CaroleService Sun 25-Nov-12 14:26:40

Shooting accident, I reckon - they'll have to gone to Scotland for the season

diddl Sun 25-Nov-12 19:50:54

Ooh great!

I hope Mary has a boy, & then the other heir returns & marries Edith!

ripsishere Mon 26-Nov-12 06:36:52

Found you. We watched it, as a family we were hugely disappointed in this series. It was a characature. Bates and Anna were tedious, Tom was a drip - how can a freedom fighting upper class twit hater agree to live amongst his enemies? Cousin Isobel still needs a kick in the fanny and Mary's acting was atrocious.
Very envy about missing Alan Carr and Thomas.

diddl Mon 26-Nov-12 07:06:48

M&M were so boring.

Pretty predictable angst about about a baby & both being seen & treated if necessary!

Mind you, if DS leaves, that gives JF the chance to get the "oik" out of the way & have Downton staying in Aristocratic handshmm

Can´t see why the tedious pair got so much air time tbhh & nothong for the Lady Edith character.

& then the ridiculous 5 mins of Rose having an affair-oh wait, she´s been saved just in time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now