ANTM fans, over here!

(201 Posts)
5ThingsUnderTheBed Mon 15-Oct-12 21:19:05

Are you watching the new one that's started tonight? Brits vs America.

I'm not liking I so far, too much us vs them.

TwllBach Wed 05-Dec-12 17:34:37

I can't remember any of them, even this far into the competition, so that can't be good! I'm basically only watching for Tyra, Nigel and the Jays.

IdaBlankenship Tue 04-Dec-12 20:48:57

Sophie / Laura final? Kathrine or Ebony will go out next. I never thought much of Sophie, but she did look good on the catwalk this week. I like Alesha - she could be the dark horse.

msrisotto Tue 04-Dec-12 19:28:52

Hey, just caught up with yesterday's episode. 4 Brits to 2 Americans! Didn't predict that!

Any predictions for winner yet? I'm waiting for very blonde American girl to step up or step out as she's gorge but with only one look so far. Unless Sophie starts resting on her laurels, she might be in with a decent chance, as might Alesha if she figures out how to consistently do good pictures.

IdaBlankenship Mon 03-Dec-12 21:27:11

Ok why are they walking so slowly on those catwalks right now ??

IdaBlankenship Sun 02-Dec-12 22:43:15

Crikey - this season is strangely uncompelling. Who went this week I can't remember? We need a good challenge to spice things up, like having them in a bikini on the top of a tall building in the middle of a megastorm or something like that.
I reckon Sophie could make the final - Tyra would like a Brit / US final, but which American - Laura?

True.

msrisotto Wed 21-Nov-12 13:17:18

Unfortunate that the brits couldn't win a modelling related challenge though...

Probably true, Ida!

IdaBlankenship Wed 21-Nov-12 10:31:15

Because it is still floating in the pool, SDTG, and Laura is too busy giving people the evil eye and muttering about how they are dead to her, to retrieve it

I'm glad Azmarie went too, and I am glad that a Brit won best picture this week (is that the first time a Brit has won?). Their video was far better than the american girls' one.

And this is probably going to show how old I am, but why didn't anyone just get a needle and thread, and sew the bear's ear back on??

IdaBlankenship Wed 21-Nov-12 09:43:59

I liked this episode - the Brit girls video was pretty good I thought (normally those challenges are so bad they make your toes curl).
Glad Azmarie and her bad Az-itude went, she really thought she was the cats pyjamas. She should know by now that anyone who disses the big T will make a swift exit, did the lesson of Louise not teach her anything?

msrisotto Tue 20-Nov-12 20:17:57

That was a surprise though, they've tolerated bitches before though, Eva for one. Kyle needs to go next, she's SOOO dull! The challenge and vid were ridiculous btw.

TwllBach Tue 20-Nov-12 19:55:07

Tyra never likes the ones that give her the 'tude tooch.

<side tooch>

msrisotto Tue 20-Nov-12 19:52:56

Wtf happened?? I did NOT see that coming!

TwllBach Tue 20-Nov-12 18:26:13

<dookie tooch>p

IdaBlankenship Thu 15-Nov-12 19:48:05

Frilly ANTM perfume - I imagine it as the whiff of mediocrity with a hint of desperation
SDTG I hope Azmarie doesn't win, I think her pictures are strong, but her face is a bit samey in pictures. I think Sophie is the only Brit with a chance of getting to near the end as the judges seem to like her, but she definitely won't win it.

I'm glad I am not the only one seeing a bias towards the Americans. And I hate the US vs UK thing too, and the way that they are trying to pit them against eachother by rewarding the country whose girl gets best picture.

I think Azmarie is going to win - I don't like her, but her pictures are amazing.

FrillyMilly Wed 14-Nov-12 21:18:07

I think it's had it's day now. Next week they record a music video. Plus one of the prizes is to be the face of Antm perfume. Who would buy that. If I hear the word '30-never' one more time in going to scream. Jay Manuel's fashion line was embarrassing and it's so biased towards the Americans.

IdaBlankenship Tue 13-Nov-12 21:59:30

Hope thats a tasty hat you've got there grin
But I do agree with you - the judges usually get rid of the plus size models for spurious reasons around the middle of the season.

TwllBach Tue 13-Nov-12 21:56:18

Ooooh I don't know! <runs off to google>

IdaBlankenship Tue 13-Nov-12 21:18:42

Twll - didn't Whitney win a few years back....? wink

TwllBach Tue 13-Nov-12 21:11:06

I like how they let the signature plus size model go through and then Alwys find something else to criticise. Never ever will a plus size model win, or I will eat my hat.

IdaBlankenship Tue 13-Nov-12 19:52:08

Oh but Jay Manuels fashion line... oh dear

IdaBlankenship Tue 13-Nov-12 19:51:39

This was quite a good episode I thought - some proper modelling challenges at last (I like go-sees, they are always brutal). Trouble was it was obvious who was going home from near the beginning.
I really liked red, white and blue hair girls photo - however she is very irritating, I have a suspicion either her or Kyle will win. I don't think there is any chance of Tyra letting a Brit win.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now