The Walking Dead season 3 aka the Darryl Dixon fan club

(714 Posts)
anonacfr Sun 14-Oct-12 19:33:09

Can't wait! Anyone watching it to tonight?

TwllBach Sun 02-Dec-12 12:42:34

The question is what sort of plan they come up with isn't it?? They could grab Beth through the fence, hold a knife to her throat and make Herschel open the gates. They could just cut through the fence and not care a out opening it up to walkers, or hey could try and sweet talk there way in, in which case, is Merle smart enough to send someone else in his place and only come out when the doors are open???

<too much hungover time on hands>

wintera Mon 03-Dec-12 18:14:20

Someone else has already said this but the gov did just tell his crew to scope out the prison, not to attack it so the gang at the prison should be ok for now. I hope!

Did anyone else think it was weird when Merle called Maggie 'the farmer's daughter'? How does he know she's a farmer's daughter then? Did Andrea tell him? Surely Glen would have wondered why Merle said that though? I thought it really stood out. Maybe the writers just fucked up?

ToffeeWhirl Mon 03-Dec-12 18:35:48

DH hasn't been able to download the latest episode for tonight, as expected <sobs>.

I'm having trouble finding a working copy too.

JKSLtd Mon 03-Dec-12 20:46:53

Just watched it.

What is it, 2 more episodes before the break? or 1? I'm going to miss it so much - and spend even more time pondering ZA plans grin

I don't suppose the Rick/Daryl posse will go back to the prison without having tried to get Glenn & Maggie back, so it's likely the Gov's team could get there before they get back.

Who's left at the prison?
Herschel (doing remarkably well for a new amputee)
Beth (drip drip, wet blanket)
Carl & Judith (he at least has proved his worth recently)
Carol (may be useful in a crisis if she's not holding the baby)

anyone else?

I hadn't noticed that Wintera, now intrigued as to whether it was intentional or not.

ILovePonyo Mon 03-Dec-12 21:01:19

Just watched it too, I want to watch the next one now!

wintera I didn't notice that, hmm. Maybe a mistake by the writers? i was focusing on the continuity with Maggies bra strap hmm

I felt like I would have had to turn off if there had been a rape scene, what happened in the comic was horrific but they couldn't do that on tv?!

Loved the bit of zombie gore with that poor man at the end, it was a bit of light relief after the scenes with maggie and poor Glenn! (finding Glenn very attractive btw, more so than Darryl)

JKSLtd Mon 03-Dec-12 21:06:29

I do find it a bit funny that the programme will happily show gore x 1000 but not a pair of breasts!

Either Andrea told Merle or maybe she just looks like a farmer's daughter? I dunno, maybe he could just tell?

IdaBlankenship Mon 03-Dec-12 21:21:49

It was a cracker of an episode, I was literally on the edge of my seat when Merle locked Glenn in with that walker. Glenn rocked. The scene with Maggie and the governor was seriously disturbing. Its funny how I can watch gore and zombie brains but I was ready to fast forward that scene if it went any further.
Very worried about the fate of the prison camp, especially Axel and his moustache as he is definitely in the dangerously expendable character zone.

TwllBach Mon 03-Dec-12 21:39:44

Would it be worth my while, to buy the comics??

ILovePonyo Mon 03-Dec-12 21:42:32

Yes yes Twll! You'll spend loads on them and get them mixed up with the series (like me) but they are good

IdaBlankenship Mon 03-Dec-12 21:44:37

Hey Twll - have you finally left the ANTM thread in disgust at the rubbish-ness of this season? I am left muttering to myself over there!
Can't comment on the comics - I imagine they are waaay more gruesome than the show - I may be too fainthearted to even consider it!

wintera Mon 03-Dec-12 23:07:45

The big question is - what the hell does Andrea have in her bag that she feels the need to have it hanging over her shoulder every minute of the Goddamn day?!

TwllBach Tue 04-Dec-12 07:10:55

grin I haven't left, I just record it. I haven't watched this weeks one yet!

susiedaisy Tue 04-Dec-12 07:57:40

wintera grin

BeginningtoffeealotlikeXmas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:29:38

Still won't download sad. DH says there are lots of fake downloads. It's just cruel...

susiedaisy Wed 05-Dec-12 15:05:24

Can't believe we only have one more episode hmmangry

BeginningtoffeealotlikeXmas Wed 05-Dec-12 18:00:37

It has downloaded! Watching tonight....!

TwllBach Fri 07-Dec-12 22:39:21

Aaaaaaaah is anyone watching?? I'm at the first break <bites nails>

TwllBach Fri 07-Dec-12 22:48:17

Ohhhhh nooooooooo <peeks out from between fingers> where are you all????

Oh dear!

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Fri 07-Dec-12 23:26:55

I'm a bit late finding this thread but I had to post and see what you all think of tonights episode. Can't believe I have to wait til February to find out what happens next!!

anonacfr Sat 08-Dec-12 15:35:28

Check out the spoiler thread that's where everyone posted.

FivesGoldNorks Sat 08-Dec-12 21:15:53

Aaargh where is the spoiler thread? Been scrolling past it for days, now I've watched, can't find it

susiedaisy Sat 08-Dec-12 21:49:20

Spoiler thread is in telly addicts as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now