The Walking Dead season 3 aka the Darryl Dixon fan club

(714 Posts)
anonacfr Sun 14-Oct-12 19:33:09

Can't wait! Anyone watching it to tonight?

HarlettOScara Sat 17-Nov-12 19:39:42

I've never met a link yet that I wasn't tempted to click on (which is rarely a good thing on MN!!) grin

ILovePonyo Sat 17-Nov-12 20:14:12

I missed the bit with the governor and his daughter confused Was it right at the very beginning? We started watching from the opening titles/credits

wintera Sat 17-Nov-12 21:09:39

Yeah there's always a little bit before the credits start and this week is was the gov brushing the hair of his walker daughter. Quite disturbing!

HarlettOScara Sat 17-Nov-12 21:15:58

I didn't notice that she was eating a chunk of flesh as he was brushing her hair (read it in the link you posted upthread, Wintera). Where is he getting the chunks of fresh human flesh to feed her...?

ILovePonyo Sat 17-Nov-12 21:17:10

I will have to watch it again. Properly this time! That changes the impact of the rest of the scenes with the governor doesn't it?!

I'm finding Andrea more annoying, with her coy looks and flirting with any man that comes along angry

BlingLoving Sat 17-Nov-12 21:19:37

Aren't the heads in the jars non-walkers? One was definitely the army guy he killed after finding out where the rest of the army guys were to go ambush them.

HarlettOScara Sat 17-Nov-12 21:24:33

Most of the heads in tanks were walkers and, yes, the helicopter pilot (so I guess that's what Who) he's feeding Penny. Who next? The heads of Michonne's 2 'pet' walkers were in there too.

ZeldaUpNorth Sat 17-Nov-12 21:31:57

If you guys want to know more about the govenor read the books "rise of the governor" and "the road to Woodbury" (you can get them on kindle, but I think play store is cheaper, I only paid £2 each) They don't spoil the program but give more background on the governor. I'm nearly finished the 2nd book, it's a great filler between shows. smile

NoHank Sat 17-Nov-12 23:19:46

Just watched it. Really enjoyed it again. Thought the bit with the gov brushing his DD's hair was very sad.

And when Daryl put the flower on Carol's grave. I agree I think it was the one from the last series. Daryl found them when looking for Sofia. But we don't know yet do we if they found her body or are just presuming?

Highlight of the show for me though was Daryl holding and feeding the baby. Anyone else feel their ovaries kick in grin

wintera Sun 18-Nov-12 12:23:25

Maybe the chunks of human flesh are the soldiers from the other ep maybe? I know they were all killed but maybe they took their bodies for that particular purpose and maybe keeping the meat fresh somehow? Not sure where he's getting it from to be honest but now I'm giving it far too much thought and am making myself feel a bit ill!

wintera Sun 18-Nov-12 12:25:54

Aww yes agree that Darryl was very lovely with the baby. He seems very protective of the children in the group doesn't he? That baby is in good hands there! Little ass kicker - like it!

susiedaisy Sun 18-Nov-12 14:09:35

Didn't daryl make some reference in the first series about havin a shitty childhood and not wanting anyone else to go through that ?? Can't quite remember!

wintera Sun 18-Nov-12 14:32:24

Yes he did mention something. Think he was basically brought up by Merle. Seem to remember something about a drunken father who was never around to look after them. That's why they have such good survival skills as they had to fend for themselves.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 18-Nov-12 19:10:42

the more i watch this episode the more as a nanny and night nurse - find the amount of milk they give the new born funny - the prem twins i feed have between 60/90 ml so about 2 inches of milk - what a waste they did making up a huge bottle grin

cornykatona Sun 18-Nov-12 19:12:40

Daryl was so cute with the baby smile
I wondered whether he was actually putting the flower on Lori's grave though.

susiedaisy Sun 18-Nov-12 19:16:49

I thought that about the ginormous bottle of milksmile

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 18-Nov-12 20:11:12

let alone the nappies would be huge!!

gawd im picky grin

JKSLtd Mon 19-Nov-12 21:22:45

Just watched - been avoiding thread since Fri.

I'm hoping they've just figured out an internal calling system in the prison, but most likely he's hallucinating i suppose.

Gross bit re Lori, yuk.

I cannot get over how they're not even looking for Carol! shock I mean she could be in danger, out there somewhere in the prison and no-one has even mentioned looking for her. Great group they are, and with Glenn going on about how he'd sacrifice others for one of his group, has he looked for Carol? Not a whisper. grr.
I'd like to think she's still alive but her chances must be low with no-one looking for her in a prison full of zombies.

Then again the flower on the grave thing did make it look like she was already dead.

The gov with daughter, sad and kind of disturbing too.

The empty childcare place, so so sad. I almost wanted them to find a living baby left behind. But i really really did NOT want them to find a baby zombie.
Wondering if even this programme would think that's a step too far.

Have we seen any non-adult zombies other than Sofia?

And to finish, go Michonne grin

AWimbaWay Mon 19-Nov-12 21:27:39

Just watched too, my first thought was it's Carol on the phone, stuck in another part of the prison, but I think your hallucinating theory is more likely.

I'm hoping Michonne now finds the prison and gets Rick back on track.

AWimbaWay Mon 19-Nov-12 21:29:26

Another thing I found weird, with no bodies what did they actually put in the graves? They were digging pretty deep holes!

susiedaisy Mon 19-Nov-12 21:39:50

I was also wondering what they were actually going to put in graves, although they probably think they will find the bodies but we already know there isn't any to speak of.

anonacfr Mon 19-Nov-12 22:53:50

Holy shit the zombie ate Lori's corpse. It must be a gift for all the Lori haters out there...grin
And is Carol really dead?????

I won't even go into Andrea being a moron.

All I can think of is....

DARRYL AND THE BABY!!!!!!!! Swoon....

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 23:32:05

Carol can't be dead. Wouldn't bump off 3 main characters in one episode

JKSLtd Tue 20-Nov-12 12:00:58

I cant believe she's dead either but no effort or mention of looking for her, grr.

Also hadn't thought about he graves. I suppose they have t dogs body - and he prisoners though do they want to give him a decent burial?
Maybe they thought they'd go back for loris.

Then again - the 2 nice prisoners & baby makes 3 in so 3 out works.

wintera Tue 20-Nov-12 17:48:42

They did find t dogs body but it was pretty chewed up. Mostly a rib cage was what I saw. As for Lori, not sure but I suppose they could have buried the walker that ate her? I don't really want to think about it! And Carol, all they found was her scarf so am assuming they buried just that as some kind of symbol. I think the graves are more of a reminder symbol of the person rather than an actual body maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now