The Walking Dead season 3 aka the Darryl Dixon fan club

(714 Posts)
anonacfr Sun 14-Oct-12 19:33:09

Can't wait! Anyone watching it to tonight?

susiedaisy Tue 13-Nov-12 15:56:01

No worries. I can't believe we are 5 days behind the US it's so frustratingangry

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 16-Nov-12 18:54:34

been a tad behind, but can now finally join back in without reading any spoliers

fab seeing merle again and guv and his head was weird

really not sure how they are going to look after a baby - and is she really dead?

susiedaisy Fri 16-Nov-12 22:09:27

Not watching tonight but will be back tomorrow! smile

KateByChristmas Fri 16-Nov-12 22:51:39

Hello smile

Anyone watching?

WTAF????

ILovePonyo Fri 16-Nov-12 23:01:26

Ooh I've just watched!

I like how michonne was more of a badass today.

Problem is having read the comics, I knew what was coming with the fighting scenes.

But looks like rick has gone a bit crazy eh.

WhatwouldGemmado Fri 16-Nov-12 23:02:40

Who's on the phone???

Don't tell me it's going to be one of those programs where he has conversations with his dead wife on the phone, and in the fridge (neighbours)

For some reason i thought Michael

but yes, more likely hes going crazy. He's hardly likely to have got his change of address cards out this quickly

WhatwouldGemmado Fri 16-Nov-12 23:14:12

Hope it's temporary crazy.

KateByChristmas Fri 16-Nov-12 23:25:58

Hmmmm I think it's either Lori telling him to get on with it and look after DC ooooooorrrrr it's his friend and other potential father (name??) taunting him about the baby.

I think the governor et al are feeding the community human flesh and testing the zombies to see if they can be saved. Sooo I think Rick and the gang could now be in danger of being eaten by humans! ..... Of course it's probably NONE of the above grin

I bloody love the zombies!!!

NadiaWadia Sat 17-Nov-12 04:30:11

See the 'Governer' with his 'little girl' was disturbing. Presumably he thinks, like Herschell(?) used to, that a cure is possible? And that's what he has his scientist guy working on? The heads must be part of this.

Yes, I thought the governor story was like Herschel and the barn. Other than heads in jars and zombie gladiator, has he done anything disturbing?

Interestingly I thought Herschel and Maggie would become responsible for the baby. Actually it looks like they're all pulling their weight, with Carl having final say smile

I wondeer who the third grave was for.

I did laugh at "let me see the baby"
<glances at it wrapped in a coat from a distance in a darkened room>
...she llooks healthy

No offence to Herschel but wouldn't he usually do lambs nd piglets? Isn't he hugely out of his depth with paediatrics?

ToffeeWhirl Sat 17-Nov-12 08:24:36

I found the governor's scene with his little girl terribly upsetting. I agree that he is presumably getting the scientist to look for a cure. If he believes that there is something of the original human left in each zombie, then it makes it even more disturbing that he keeps zombie heads in a tank.

I think the phone call is from Lori. But grin at him not getting his change of address cards out yet.

Have any of you seen Darryl Dixon's son? He is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen (apart from my own, of course wink).

wintera Sat 17-Nov-12 09:26:56

Not seen any pics of young Mingus myself but am not surprised he's a lovely looking child considering who his parents are. Definitely a blessed gene pool!

susiedaisy Sat 17-Nov-12 13:54:22

I think the third grave is for carol as daryl laid a flower on her grave, it was the flowers that they discussed she liked in series 2, also I think rick is hallucinating as regards the phone, he's in shock!

wintera Sat 17-Nov-12 14:29:04

Susie - I agree, it was definitely that flower from season two. What was it called? Something like a cherokee rose or something like that I think. I found last nights's ep disturbing in so many ways. The walker gladiator thing, the deserted nursery, the gov's daughter but mostly that very full walker that had gorged himself on Lori's remains. That bit was disgusting I thought! Yuck!

Seems to be many similarities between this season's stories and last year. In that the gov has kept a relative as a walker, perhaps hoping for a cure just like Herschel did and one of the group being missing again - Carol echoing what happened with Sophia. Although this time they seem pretty convinced she is dead - which probably means she isn't! Where the hell is she then? And are we thinking its likely that Michonne will stumble across the group at the prison?

Ooh Andrea, think you made a big mistake in staying, even if you are making googoo eyes at the gov!

susiedaisy Sat 17-Nov-12 16:06:59

Ah didn't realise that walker with big stomach had eaten lori! Yuk!

ToffeeWhirl Sat 17-Nov-12 16:39:45

Oh, I didn't realise that zombie had eaten Lori either sad. How disgusting.

Yes, wintera, Mingus does have a blessed gene pool smile.

Where's her head though

ToffeeWhirl Sat 17-Nov-12 17:23:16

Oh, yuck. Maybe Rick will trip over it on his way out...

wintera Sat 17-Nov-12 18:26:45

I thought maybe I'd assumed the wrong thing about Lori's body, but I've just found an interview with one of the producers who has confirmed it. Here is the interview about last night's ep

blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/11/m-the-walking-dead-danai-gurira-and-greg-nicotero-discuss-season-3-episode-5-say-the-word.html

HarlettOScara Sat 17-Nov-12 19:16:05

Thanks for that link, Wintera. I'd like to see the deleted scene between Daryl and Maggie that us mentioned.

Loving Daryl even more this series. The writers and Norman Reedus have done a great job creating a character who is integral to the story where no character existed in the comics. I really hope they don't kill him off anytime soon - as we've seen, no character is sacred and this is one show that isn't afraid to dispose of its leading names.

wintera Sat 17-Nov-12 19:27:20

Anyone want to see a sneak preview of the next ep at all?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9JD_f2JjE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now