Strictly Come Dancing 2012 FAB-U-LOUS Thread number 2

(988 Posts)

And so it continues.......

AndiMac Sun 14-Oct-12 14:31:37

I don't where DVO gets off saying she's only done one dance routine in Chicago. Unless they changed it considerably for her to play the part, the character Roxie Hart dances quite a bit in the musical. Sure, it's not with a partner and it's not ballroom, but it's still a heckuva lot more training than most have.

But, I never really thought it was a problem when Jason Donovan was on last year with a similar background, so I think I'll let it go.

I do want to big up Colin Salmon. He's 6'4", which is usually a handicap in itself on the dance floor in terms of moving lightly and quickly. But he's done really well in both Latin and Ballroom the first two weeks. Not top of the leader board, but considering he doesn't come from a dancing or athletic background, I think he's doing great and hope he stays in for a long time.

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 14:36:08

I have a bit of a silly swoony crush on colin blush

Me too Mrsjay. grin

I have been over to Digital Spy to be grubby but can't find the grubby bit? Where am i looking?

cocolepew Sun 14-Oct-12 14:43:17

It' s the spoiler thread, really long one. If you want you know I'll pm you.

cocolepew Sun 14-Oct-12 14:45:16

Go onto SCD on the forums and it's the second to last one on the first page atm.

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 14:45:18

Me too Mrsjay.

grin he is really lovely not in that PHWOARR way but in a sigh way

AndiMac Sun 14-Oct-12 14:45:54

Mrsjay and TheOneWithTheHair, I don't think it's silly as all - he's very swoony!

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 14:47:07

OOH yes COLIN's gorgeous grin

Thank you. If I am still being dim I will shout. grin

ProphetOfDoom Sun 14-Oct-12 14:48:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 15:17:35

I thought that DVO went to Sylvia Young maybe I'm wrong but when in a stage school it's hard not to do dancing that's for sure! I don't know if Jason Donovan went full time to stage school.

schmaltzing whisper it!!!grin shock no it's okay !!!

Nope, still do not like DvO.

I think Victoria was still nervous, but was better this week. That clip of her dancing last week with Brendan, away from the audience, was really good so I think it is audience nerves.

I still like Kimberley. Louis is good, but not sure on his personality - is he shy? Sid and Fern, nice so far. Colin should have been paired with a taller dancer.

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 15:23:28

Isn't Kristina a tall dancer though she is the tallest ?

SoupDragon Sun 14-Oct-12 15:23:58

So, because she went to stage school and probably did dancing there, 20 years later she should be given some kind of handicap in Strictly?

SoupDragon Sun 14-Oct-12 15:24:50

Am not a closet DVO fan by the way! just find it odd grin

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 15:26:55

I am not bothered if DVO went to stage school and can dance and I just have a thing about her that she grates on my nerves, I really don't think it will give her an advantage because voters will vote who they like not who is the very best dancer, like chris thingy the other year I was hmm when he won,

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 14-Oct-12 15:27:15

Kristina is either 5ft 3" or 5ft 5", depending on what webpage you believe!

Natalie is 5ft 10" so would have been far better for Colin.

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 15:28:15

IT is natalie I was thinking of not kristina I got the partners mixed up I did think natalie was with colin blush

<Nips in to mark place>

mummytime Sun 14-Oct-12 15:45:16

Several of them have stage school/dance backgrounds eg. Dani and Lisa.

twofalls Sun 14-Oct-12 15:57:58

It's really bugging me why kristina was partnered with Colin. He should have been with natalie surely? Or Erin is probably taller than kristina. It would be like putting danni with Brendan. Anyone know how they choose?

noddyholder Sun 14-Oct-12 16:01:57

DVO is at an advantage with her shape. If you aren't the right shape a lot of the dances look wrong. The girl from tracey beaker is quite good but is not dancer-y in the body. Boobs spoil the line and you need skinny arms and legs. I think Sid Owen looks like he could be good and Kimberley maybe.

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 14-Oct-12 16:49:13

I think Erin is 5ft 6 - I seem to recall reading her stats and thinking she was the same height as me.

LetUsPrey Sun 14-Oct-12 17:29:04

Loved Louis and Flavia, and Lisa and Robin.

Let me get this straight, Colin is very tall and Dani is tiny? You'd think someone on the show would have mentioned it.

Couldn't watch Michael's jive. Nicky wasn't very good but I don't think Karen's doing him any favours with her choreography. The judges seemed to praise lots of the other dancers for their choreography last night. It felt a bit "diggy" at Karen. I have no problem with that grin.

Most of the others were okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now