Strictly Come Dancing 2012 FAB-U-LOUS Thread number 2

(988 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Sat 13-Oct-12 19:52:46

And so it continues.......

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 10:51:26

just wanted to say hello and find my spot, thought rickaay sid was a bit blush he had the enthusiasm but not the hip action, Denise is really annoying me,
I do like Dani and vincent they are lovely, jerry Hall is just annoying she is all hair and teeth and her drawl drives me bonkers really awful . I think the cricketer will go tonight.

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 10:53:04

and I would like to second the Lisa and Robin love they are fab I do think they thought Lisa would be an anne widdicome type character but she isn't she is fab

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 11:56:43

IMHO B.F. is now too old grin he should retire gracefuly rather than be kicked out. yes theone I've got a feeling that G. thinks she's SOOOO amazing daaaarling.

Vulgar Sun 14-Oct-12 12:01:04

Lisa is fab. Pure entertainment.

Love Louis, he is so cute but he does need to look like he's having fun. Feel a bit sorry for him when Brucie embarressed him about fancying Kimberley. That would have killed any budding romance.

Absolutely cannot stand DVO. She has to go.

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 12:08:17

Yes deffo to whoever said DVO should be handicapped it's not fair that someone who's actually a DANCER should be judged in the same way as the others and she'd supposed to be injured isn't she? i like her partner though.

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 14-Oct-12 12:10:41

Didn't get a chance to post last night, but wanted to say that I agreed 100% with Len's assessment of Kimberley's Foxtrot. I couldn't believe it when the other 3 judges gushed about how wonderful it was: she stumbled several times, I didn't see any heel leads and she looked like she was hanging on for grim death at some points,

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful, but it certainly didn't deserve all the sugar coating the 3 sisters gave it.

Was surprised at Len's high praise of DVOs Jive, she looked like she was kicking a football during her kicks n flicks! [picky] grin

Never caught up with the last thread, but hope you don't mind me jumping in.
Louis is great, just needs to relax a little. Denise was great last night but not convinced she's going to be consistent. Erin didn't look as though her heart was in it last night, she's never won and she knows she won't this year, did you see what she was saying about Richard on It Takes Two, about him constantly kissing her, yuck.

I think Jerry or Michael will go, Jerry is just too busy being Jerry and Michael just isn't very good

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 12:18:49

I think Kimberly is a dancer too though well they did dance routines IN girls aloud so dancing experience , I do try hard to Like D V O but I can't she is just too oh i dunno peppy . I really like james Jordan he is loads of fun and a bit naughty sometimes, DD1 pointed out Anton is the only dancer that looks like a ballroom dancer I hadn't noticed before most of the men look all buff and pumped up not that that is a bad thing at all wink

picturesinthefirelight Sun 14-Oct-12 12:26:29

Kimberley danced in Shrek - very high energy including tap.

threesocksmorgan Sun 14-Oct-12 12:29:38

I like DVO but don't think she should be in it as she seems to know too much.
I like the Johnny
Mr Ball is too old.
westlife boy is dire
Love SId
Danny is good
Kimberly is annoying
Jerry is odd...she should act her age.

picturesinthefirelight Sun 14-Oct-12 12:29:56

From googling the part time stage school she attended offers lots of dance classes so it's likely she would have had quite a bit of training pre girls aloud

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 14-Oct-12 12:43:51

Don't like Denise. Think she'll reveal herself as a cow and half later on.

Jerry's OK but a bit 'coquettish' and old-fashioned. Stiff as an ironing board though.

Michael V is a weirdo.

Louis is too pretty and too serious-faced. I suspect him of having no personality.

Agreed with Len on Kimberley being 'limp' and it didn't feel like a foxtrot. Nice dress though.

Danny and Vincent were cute as all get-out. Liked their song.

Johnny B is my fantasy dad and clearly adores his partner.

Sid is creepy.

On the fence about Richard; is he great or smarmy? Hmmm.

Didn't like Lisa trying to be a 'princess' (don't generally like grown women trying to look/be like princesses) but she is a great natural dancer and v musical and she and Robin actually look as though they're dancing together, which is great to watch.

Fern and Artem also appear to be enjoying dancing together and they were good.

Victoria was much better, classy routine and good frock.

Thingy Salmon needs a taller partner. Not fair to put him with Kristina and watch him struggle.

Couldn't care less about Westlife chap – he's up himself – although clearly it was his partner's fault that the routine looked like a pop video.

Is that everyone?

I think Vaughan might go. Or Jerry.

ScatterChasse Sun 14-Oct-12 12:48:44

I enjoyed last night (it was very long though!).

Ivana's dress was absolutely lovely I thought. She seems really nice too. Can we keep her please?

I agree with Frankel about Kimberley's foxtrot, she looked really quite wobbly, not very controlled.

Flavia and Louis's was nice, but slightly like being hit in the face with a Valentine's card... and he really needs to smile unselfconsciously! The song, the dress etc. were lovely, but the heart-shaped trees and the projected path on the dance floor were OTT.

I didn't really like Erin and Richard's dance (although I like both of them), but I might be a miserable old killjoy as I see no reason why ballroom/latin should be camp (especially not the waltz FFS Bruno!). I did laugh at the signpost though grin I also laughed when Darcey said 'A note for Erin...' or whatever... Erin didn't look terribly impressed.

Denise was good, Jerry and Nicky have awful posture and Colin should never have been paired with Kristina.

IMHO of course. I'm looking forward to tonight smile I might even MN in real time.

cocolepew Sun 14-Oct-12 12:55:55

Jerry has done the 'head tilted to the side look at my wonderful hair routine' for so many years I doubt she could actually hold her head up straight now.

cocolepew Sun 14-Oct-12 13:00:36

I cheated and read the result on Digital Spy <zips lips>

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Oct-12 13:05:53

I still don't know why I don't like DVO. I can't watch her presenting because she comes across as the least sincere person ever. But the lovely Lee Mead married her and he wouldn't marry someone awful would he?

<makes effort to try harder to like Denise>

ScatterChasse Sun 14-Oct-12 13:16:29

She doesn't bother me, I don't know why. But I didn't like her hair last night.

Ditto Pasha, Louis, several others actually.

TheAngelshavetheOod Sun 14-Oct-12 13:21:37

Louis reminds me of the sportsman a few years ago whose name escapes me. Rugby player, went quite far but v limited personality. He just used to sit & smile in interviews. Louis probably has a bit more than him though thinking about it.

Anyone else sneak a look at Digital Spy spoiler and now feel a bit grubby?

ProphetOfDoom Sun 14-Oct-12 13:28:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Sun 14-Oct-12 13:38:10

I don't think DVO is a dancer. She said in an interview that it's a common misconception and that she had one dance routine in Chicago which basically involved her mainly sitting on a chair.

Done smaltzing grin

ScatterChasse Sun 14-Oct-12 14:05:48

I would think DVO is a good 'cheat-y' dancer, as in she can present stage dances and make them look good, but I don't know how much technique etc. she'll actually have.

(I'm only guessing that because I used to do lots of ballet and tap, but in school performances I often did modern/musical theatre stuff, when I didn't know the names of the steps or anything but still usually ended up near the front because I made it look good. I'd have been torn apart if I'd had to take an exam in it though!)

picturesinthefirelight Sun 14-Oct-12 14:24:57

DVO trained at Italian Conti do she would have done a lot of dance classes there.

I saw her in Legally Blonde &midst of the dancing was the MT Stacey style as described above.

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 14-Oct-12 14:30:45

But ballroom and latin are totally different to the kinds of dance that DVO, Kimberley, etc will have experience with. The technique is totally different, you have to learn precise foot positions, room alignments, etc. it's a very involved style of dance. Latin you can almost fake your way through by wiggling your backside about wink, but ballroom is very unforgiving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now