True Blood on FX

(97 Posts)
IdaBlankenship Fri 05-Oct-12 21:07:38

Is anyone else watching this? This week we had a nice gratuitous shirt off scene for Erik and Bill and one of the best insults I've ever heard..

susiedaisy Fri 19-Oct-12 08:22:23

I thought Russell's comment about them all making a hell of a noise whilst 'quietly' sneaking through the deserted house to find him was funny!!

IdaBlankenship Fri 19-Oct-12 09:19:22

Russell was funny - vampires seem to have an endless line in sardonic one liners.
Oh, but that room of trussed up people was disturbing.. the trouble is that True Blood is way too camp to actually be very scary

susiedaisy Fri 19-Oct-12 10:59:26

Yeah I was a bit hmm when they didn't help that poor bloke strung up, at least cut him down and let him have a chance!

IdaBlankenship Fri 19-Oct-12 17:15:03

So I may not have been paying quite enough attention to the plot (temporarily dazed by Alcide's torso), but who actually dug up Russell then?

susiedaisy Fri 19-Oct-12 17:19:24

Um I don't know either, but Alcide looked hot!grin

Elsqueak Fri 19-Oct-12 17:35:10

He he! Have you seen him in the Tobey Maguire Spiderman? He's Flash Thompson!
Love Trueblood. It's becoming a bit barmy but take it for what it is and it's great. Love Pam & Jason!

IdaBlankenship Fri 19-Oct-12 18:41:51

Alcide is crazily buff - does he take his top off in Spiderman? He seems contractually obliged to remove his shirt in every episode he appears in (like Erik's constantly appearing buttocks).
I do think Jason is a great character, as he is very funny, yet doesn't disappear into caricature. I like Jessica too, although I do wonder why as soon as someone becomes a vampire they have to trowel on the makeup and hop into a corset (Tara this ep being the perfect example), surely there must be some dowdy vampires somewhere?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 19-Oct-12 20:04:59

Russell was dug up by the lady with the necklace

Pmsl at sookie throwing up

Tara seems to have had a boob job - sure when she was acting crazy - think series 2 she had no boobs at all???

susiedaisy Fri 19-Oct-12 20:30:43

Which Lady with the necklace?

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Fri 19-Oct-12 21:23:39

Well, we don't know yet, it was a woman with an Authority necklace, they're implying it was Nora but I think it was Salome because that would be too simple

Elsqueak Fri 19-Oct-12 21:24:03

I don't think he's in it for long enough to shed clothes! Has anyone seen him in Magic Mike? Think he's one of the strippers in that.

Lady with necklace - my guess is Salome. She seems tricksy.

ArtfulAardvark Fri 19-Oct-12 21:57:18

I dont think it was Nora, I agree I think it is Salome....hmmm though if we are all thinking that I am beginning to wonder True Blood isnt usually predictable.

AnitaBlake Fri 19-Oct-12 22:06:33

This season is fab, I may have seen it already, but I'm enjoying the censored British version too. The Russell storyline is only just getting started, believe me ;).

Alcide was in Magic Mike, he played an older stripper, called Big Dick, and its fairly nice smile. Trying not to say too much!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 19-Oct-12 22:46:14

Authority lady lol

wintera Fri 19-Oct-12 23:07:24

Holy crap! I never would have recognised Alcide as the guy in Spiderman. He looks so much better now!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O1pJt7_EcU

susiedaisy Fri 19-Oct-12 23:19:43

God he has improved smile

Elsqueak Sat 20-Oct-12 07:08:54

Good lord, just watched that Wintera. Was it his bad hair!?

He makes a good fireman though!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSYz3p9l4I

Elsqueak Sat 20-Oct-12 07:14:42
IdaBlankenship Sat 20-Oct-12 15:51:59

Oh no, am I going to have to force myself to watch Magic Mike with all the nakedness and stuff, oh well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do..

stumpymosha Sat 20-Oct-12 16:22:47

What was the insult you spoke of? I kind of remember hearing it and thinking "ooh I must remember that quip" but I forgot. sad

IdaBlankenship Sat 20-Oct-12 19:10:06

Stumpy - "As we say here in Surrey, sod the f*ck off, you c*ting tw*t" delivered in a lovely post Brit accent

IdaBlankenship Sat 20-Oct-12 19:10:31
IdaBlankenship Sat 20-Oct-12 19:11:17

Not sure why that extra "here" jumped in: "As we say in Surrey......"

stumpymosha Sat 20-Oct-12 23:43:50

No, that's not the one I wanted to remember. Do you remember this quote from season 1?....
I'm gonna reach down your throat and yank you inside out by your dick.
This one from season 5 made me laugh....Don’t call people names, you dumb-ass redneck.

wintera Sat 20-Oct-12 23:53:46

I liked the quote from Bill when he and Eric were burying Russell a few seasons ago'you are as a mad as a fucking hatter!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now