Doctor Who Geeks , new thread!

(637 Posts)
TheAngelshavetheOod Sun 30-Sep-12 13:13:40

Hope no one else hasn't started one

cakebot River got to 1938 but the TARDIS couldn't. She said that it was because the vortex manipulator could sneak through

KayHarker Sat 04-May-13 19:37:25

Some nice old school references which I enjoyed. Diana Rigg was superb. Creeping back to good form for me. I have a little crush on MS.

RustyBear Sat 04-May-13 19:45:02

Yes, Tegan was the 'gobby Australian' that the fifth Doctor was trying to get back to Heathrow - who also got lost wandering through the corridors of the Tardis, just as Clara did... 'Brave heart, Tegan' is what he used to say to her when she was whinging afraid.

Coincidence? Probably just SM messing with the Classic fans' minds, but you never know...

Grrr for you Ood.

But what about the rocket?????

RustyBear Sat 04-May-13 20:09:50

That's what I was saying on the other thread, OYBBK. I'm posting on at least 3 threads at the moment; it's getting a little confusing...

Must check out the other thread again and come along and agree with you grin

MavisGrind Sat 04-May-13 20:26:43

At last! A decent episode for this series.

Really liked this one, the dcs and I laughed a lot at Strax et al plus some suitably scary bits for us too. Didn't realise it was a Gatiss episode but it figures. Am I right in thinking we've got a Gaiman episode too coming up?

ladymalfoy Sat 04-May-13 20:56:23

I fancy Straxblush.

Choccyjules Sat 04-May-13 21:13:13

Best ep this series by far. Hurrah. Loved Ada.

Idontknowhowtohelpher Sat 04-May-13 22:01:55

Ada was played by Diana Rigg's real life daughter - I wonder how strange that felt?

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 04-May-13 22:27:29

I wondered if she was...they had great chemistry

teejwood Sat 04-May-13 22:47:42

Oh bloody hell not sure where to post with two threads running!

Ood sorry to hear babyood is sick - wishing you both well and hope you get to see tonight's ep sooner rather than later - hopefully it'll cheer you up smile

Loved the ep, the Tegan references, the "TomTom" reference was groansville but really fit with the humour. The Carry on team should have had a credit!

MadameOvary Sat 04-May-13 22:54:09

Not read whole thread so apologies if this has been said before but did anyone else think that Emma in "Hide" looked like Sarah-Jane?
Also, my nephew thinks that Clara is a Time Lord (or the Doctor's Daughter) because she could read the account of the Time War whilst in the Tardis Library and "the Tardis doesn't translate Gallifreyan" - is that true?

Oodsigma Sun 05-May-13 08:40:09

Just watched on my phone. Surprisingly good quality though I guess it's eaten into this months data!

Really enjoyed it, I liked the Thomas Thomas joke, love the Victorian team and nice to see them involved in the Clara story.
Liked the bit at the end with Clara/Victorian London picture.

Will check out the other threads now too.

Oodsigma Sun 05-May-13 08:49:05

Found one other thread is that it? With aitch time travelling ahead a few episodes?

Choccyjules Sun 05-May-13 16:12:29

Yeah - what does Aitch do in life?!

Oodsigma Sun 05-May-13 18:45:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet to protect another MNer's privacy

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Mon 06-May-13 11:29:29

I've just watched the Victorian one, really enjoyed it, it's probably my favourite so far.

But the children at the end, I don't understand how they'd found the photographs, I mean one at school is an accident, but so many spread over such a wide timeframe? Also, who took the photographs?

Idontknowhowtohelpher Mon 06-May-13 14:11:31

I didn't understand about the photos either! and why would children immediately assume time travel rather than photoshopping?

Oodsigma Mon 06-May-13 16:55:22

Has someone set Clara /Doctor up?

toldmywrath Mon 06-May-13 17:11:58

Just popping in to see what people are making of this series (waves to Ood-hope babyood is improving) This thread makes me realise that I am way out/too dim to keep up with all the goings on. The thread participaters really notice loads more than I do!

Oodsigma Mon 06-May-13 21:57:29

Hi told smile

MurielTheActor Tue 07-May-13 13:38:11

Always good to see the lesbian lizard (who DP thinks is hot hmm )
Episodes working better for having the ongoing 'who is Clara?' thread. All getting rather good wink

Idontknowhowtohelpher Sat 11-May-13 16:03:08

I don't usually like cybermen very much.

Oodsigma Sat 11-May-13 19:37:36

Dd3 misheard us and is waiting for Spider-Man

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 11-May-13 20:01:12

Well I thought that was an awesome episode! Best yet!

Really gave Matt smith a great platform for acting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now