Doctor Who Geeks , new thread!

(637 Posts)
TheAngelshavetheOod Sun 30-Sep-12 13:13:40

Hope no one else hasn't started one

cakebot River got to 1938 but the TARDIS couldn't. She said that it was because the vortex manipulator could sneak through

RustyBear Sat 27-Apr-13 13:04:36

If there are two Tardises crashing, maybe that happens in the anniversary special, when 10 returns (if it is 10 and not 10.2) - or maybe DT isn't just filming for the special?

The crack/explosion could be how Clara gets spread through time and space. It could be another Doctor crashing, but I think it is MS's doctor crashing in the future, into it's past self.

I have heard DT will be in the finale, but I suspect he won't be a part of the story, but comes in at the end to leave it as a cliffhanger for the special.

Although, there are thos Tardis-esque spaceships the Silence used, we saw one in The Lodger on top of Craigs house and one in the tunnels in the Silence episodes. 10.2 could find one and use it to come back!

It's all speculation though, I can't wait to find out what actually happens smile

BalloonSlayer Sat 27-Apr-13 13:55:58

Bruce Forsyth is older than the Doctor so that might work.

RenterNomad Sat 27-Apr-13 16:43:06

Maybe the sliver of ice in his heart was like thr crack in Amelia's bedroom wall, i.e. shrapnel from the explosion?

fiftyval Sat 27-Apr-13 16:56:39

I have been wondering if Carla is somehow related to The Doctor. IIRC the original Doctor (William Hartnell) travelled with his grandaughter who stayed on earth because she fell in love and The Doctor wanted her to be safe. But then as another poster suggested, she could be daughter of River.
There are loads of loose ends though - not least whatever happened to the Doctor's 'daughter' from that DT episode when his dna was used and became Georgina Moffat; she died in the ep but then revived at the end in a manner not disimilar to when Jack in Torchwood revives. Oh and that's a whole other trail of thought for the anniversary eps.
I think I've been thinking about this too much...

I don't think I'd like them to be related, not after the snog they had. shock

I think RTD originally hoped for Jenny to be in a spin off like Jack with TW.

I'm sure that not all the loose ends will be dealt with though

Oodsigma Sat 27-Apr-13 18:41:49

Scratch on her hand significant?

RenterNomad Sat 27-Apr-13 19:22:07

fiftyval, didn't Georgina Moffett then marry David Tennant?! Regenerationarama!

RustyBear Sat 27-Apr-13 19:31:07

Yes, she did, and she's currently expecting their second child...

RustyBear Sat 27-Apr-13 19:34:39

And, of course, she is the Doctor's daughter herself, because Peter Davison is her dad. So Olive, DT and GM's daughter, is the daughter of one Doctor, and the granddaughter of another.

marjproops Sat 27-Apr-13 19:53:51

another good episode tonihgt. confusing but good.

scary and jumpy and brill to see inside more of tardis.

marjproops Sat 27-Apr-13 19:55:14

alwasy put sibtitles on for doc who as DT spoke too fast and so does MT and JLC.

easier to follow that way, especially the whispers coming from the console starting with Susans voice!

That was a bit confusing but very good smile

So those creatures were themselves dead? Why did the two salvagers touching each other kill themselves?

fancyanother Sun 28-Apr-13 02:24:30

I didnt think they killed themselves-I thought one had thrown the 'dead' brothers off the walkway thing, but had then lost his balance and the other brother had fallen in trying to save him, therefore touching and making the 'dead' thing in the first place

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 28-Apr-13 10:17:32

That's what I thought. They were fused together whilst dying.

And how did the Doctor get out of the tardis?

Liked the library bit but still not sure about this series yet.

Arcadie Sun 28-Apr-13 21:21:05

So "the crack" which tormented every episode of the first Amy Pond series and killed dozens etc etc is now a friendly old crack which we can use as a plot device.... Hmmmm??? weak ass writing IMHO

BalloonSlayer Mon 29-Apr-13 06:43:52

I thought it was a pile o'shite this week.

I really hate timey-wimey stuff, it's the equivalent of "with one bound he was free" - the get out of jail free card for lazy writers who have piled on the drama to fever pitch then haven't got the skill to write their way out of it:

"Oh no we're going to die"
"Lets run through this door"
"Oh no this is worse. We really ARE going to die."
"Lets run through THIS door."
"This is even worse. We really ARE going to die RIGHT NOW!"
"What are we going to do?"
"Oh look there's someone from the future telling us to re-set time"
"Who'd have thought all we have to do is press a button?"
"Oh Wow! What happened. We're right back to normal."
"Good old Tardis!"
"Fancy a cuppa tea and a bit of banter nicely forgetting that those three blokes really DID die?"
"Oh you saucy thing you!"

So those zombie things were burned up versions of themselves from a possible tardis explosion? Nice . . . And instead of screaming in pain and/or warning their previous selves to get away they went about going "Grrrrrr" and trying to kill people. Oh - kay. hmm

I expect it was my imagination but at the start when the Doctor was looking at the Tardis controls, there was a shot of a series of round buttons or lights. I thought each contained a vague letter and it spelled Oswald. I looked harder the next time it was shown but I couldn't see it. I wonder if I was imagining it!

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Mon 29-Apr-13 14:00:18

Jumping back to last week's (I was fielding phone calls whilst watching so wasn't paying full attention) there was the 'ghost' and then the two tree-like monsters. Is that right?

But... When Clara and the Doctor ran out to the Tardis in the rain, and you saw the others watching from the window, there was a flash of light and something appeared behind them. But I thought it wasn't in the same position as the 'ghost' it had one arm pointing diagonally up I think and looked more solid. I was only half-watching though, so was it just the trapped lady?

The "big chin" thing, DD3 got S7 part 1 box set for her birthday today and we've just watched Asylum of the Daleks, the Chin is Oswalds name for the doctor, sometimes Chin boy. Lovely Rory [sigh] gets lots of nose jokes.

PregnantPain Thu 02-May-13 12:38:22

BalloonSlayer they were credited as time zombies, if you look on the wiki, they were exposed to the eye of harmony for too long (the big star thing) and their cells liquefied and their skin burnt. Lovely.

Oodsigma Sat 04-May-13 08:23:46

Tonight's looks good , just watched the preview. Love the odd Victorian trio!

Not sure if ill catch it live though as am in hospital with DS and my tv goes off at 7 hmm so might have to wait for iplayer on my phone if I can't get in the playroom!

Hope you got to see it Ood.

I did really enjoy it, but how could she build a rocket? Leeches don't make rockets.

marjproops Sat 04-May-13 19:29:00

Mark gattis back to his best-except the ending, bit confusing.

but it was brilliant episode. creepy and stuff.

good old Jenny getting a good storyline.

Ada was lovely.

clara looked like Tegan today, and didnt the doc say about her at the beginning of the episode? maybe thats why?

anyway, best episode yet this series.

Oodsigma Sat 04-May-13 19:31:23

Didn't see it so won't post til I have iplayeref( prob from my phone so likely to miss details!)

Stupid hospital tv only allows headphones after 5 but as the tv is set up for DS I can't reach it. And couldn't use playroom as there was a child there shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now