Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - TBFE sees a SDTP wearing a waterfall cardigan and thinks 'WTF?'

(991 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sat 22-Sep-12 22:01:56

Welcome one and all to the fan club of the afternoon soap 'Doctors'.

For any newcomers <arf>, explanations as follows:

TBFE: The Bloke From Emmerdale (Ian Kelsey who plays Howard)

SDTP: Saddo Doctors Thread Partakers (which we all think know we are but we love it anyway).

Waterfall cardi: Apparently these are a MN no-no but it's a wardrobe essential to a SDTP.

Gobbyplods: Karen and Rob Hollins, aka 'the only plod in the village'

Beanbags: are now being Freecycled and will be passed on to other lentil weavers.

grin

OodHousekeeping Sun 23-Sep-12 13:38:40

Me too but this is my last one sad

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Sep-12 13:39:14

My last one is 10. envy

OodHousekeeping Sun 23-Sep-12 16:59:15

I had a 9 year gap between 2 and 3....

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Sep-12 17:11:43

grin Ood. I think I am done and DH even more so.

OodHousekeeping Sun 23-Sep-12 17:52:41

grin

I got myself a new dh grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Sep-12 18:09:07

Drat. I really love my DH, so no chance of that. grin

OodHousekeeping Sun 23-Sep-12 18:26:32

Never mind. I didn't like mine so was worth getting rid!

madhairday Sun 23-Sep-12 19:29:14

oooh lovely new thread, thanks MsN!

arf at the waterfall cardis, I freely admit to owning one and loving it. It's black though, not beige, so do I still count as an SDTP?

I'm poorly so had a day catching up on the wonderful offerings of this week and the Red Button 'extras'. Jolly good. Do I take it we get to keep the lovely Immy for the time being then?

RaahhisOrangeandGold Sun 23-Sep-12 19:31:48

'ello 'ello
<channels Gobby plod>

<chucks flea-ridden beanbag into skip>

<wriggles on plastic chair>

<sits cross legged on floor>

I will miss the beanbags...

ooooooh babies envy

dd2 is 2 on Saturday<sob>sad

MsNobodyAgain Sun 23-Sep-12 19:52:26

Yeah! madhairday and & Raahh, ta for joining the thread.

I think Immie is written out quite soon, and there are no colour restrictions on waterfall cardis. You simply have to be able to swish, lol.

I will miss the beanbags too.

madhairday Mon 24-Sep-12 12:01:03

Oh phew.

<swishes happily>

Thank goodness for Immy being written out, could not cope much longer...with all this talk of beanbags leaving do I take it Elaine is going too? <not up with it, obv> grin

wednesdaygirl Mon 24-Sep-12 12:23:59

Big bean bag sale on at the mill (or maybe Mrs T will have a beanbag bonfire) Elaine is leaving this wk

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 13:09:22

My local surgery has lost one GP they are struggling to replace. Their reaction? They have closed the list and intend to keep it closed for a minimum of six months.

The Mill has lost Zara, Freya (who?), Elaine is going and Daniel is worse than useless at the moment. Have they closed the list? Given more hours to the desperate part-timer? Worried about how they can continue to run not one but two surgeries? Thought about limiting the numerous pointless home visits? No. They don't even seem mildly concerned.

They must be the most efficient group of GPs in the UK. If they shared their secret with other NHS trusts they could solve the funding crisis overnight.

I can't wear my waterfall cardie atm. The dangly bits end up taking in unmentionable substances produced by both cats and baby.

I stood on a bee at the weekend. My foot has swollen up and is itchy-sore. What are my chances of a home visit?

*trailing in

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 13:40:20

Do you live in Leatherbridge, Makes?

If so you are guaranteed a home visit. However, we cannot guarantee a doctor, you may get a nurse. Unfortunately our nurses may not be able to give you 100% of their attention, as one is recently bereaved and the other is worried her husband may discover she has shagged his best friend.

Alternatively we have recently been trialling sending our receptionists and even our Practice Manager. Do you think this could be of use to you?

Unfortunately, if you live in any other area of the UK you will just have to take a paracetemol and hope it gets better, or we can offer you an appointment in 6-8 weeks.

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 13:42:18

Failing that Biscuit, Makes could ring Mr Gobbyplod to come and look at it....

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 13:42:54

Is there Red Button again this week?

madhairday Mon 24-Sep-12 13:44:01

grin Biscuit they could always send GobbyPlod instead

madhairday Mon 24-Sep-12 13:45:06

Does this stupid thing start at 1.40 or 1.45? It seems to be different each day, today it seemed to be 1.43 hmm

anyway, getting distracted

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 13:46:40

Kingsley is such an arse, I wonder if the actor is too...

madhairday Mon 24-Sep-12 13:47:20

he is a tosser of the highest order, isn't he? When is Immy going to realise ??

MsNobodyAgain Mon 24-Sep-12 13:49:17

Awwwwwwwww, I'm late. Just off to read posts...

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 13:49:58

No waterfall cardi today. shock

MsNobodyAgain Mon 24-Sep-12 13:50:27

I thought Elaine was re-enacting 'When Harry Met Sally' then hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now