Homeland - back soon!

(985 Posts)
Hassled Wed 19-Sep-12 22:05:21

I am beside myself with excitement. Trailer here - who's putting the contacts in? Is that Carrie in a disguise? Any one else agog?

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Wed 12-Dec-12 00:57:57

hmm There is a thread in chat all about ep11 with * spoilers * added. Aw man, how much will power do I need to not go near that thread. <sticks fingers in ears singing lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala>

Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
Must not click.
etc.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Wed 12-Dec-12 05:59:17

Oh bloody hell, I thought Salieri was a crucial character in Homeland I had inexplicably missed. [Blush]

I know ALL about composers. Oh yes.

FloatyBeatie Wed 12-Dec-12 07:48:18

He should be in Homeland. Salieri did death by opera, which is even craftier than death by heart hijack. He'd be brill at black ops.

gypsyfloss Wed 12-Dec-12 08:23:18

I clicked on that thread and now I am pissed off that I did sad

FrillyMilly Wed 12-Dec-12 17:47:57

Surely Saul being Jewish means he's unlikely to be joining forces with Nasir?

I would question why a British actress would have such a terrible British accent but Daphne is Frasier managed it.

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 13-Dec-12 14:11:59

Golden Globe nominations just in...

Homeland up for Best Television Series - Drama
Claire Danes for Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Drama
Damien Lewis for .... Actor....

And Mandy Patinkin up for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television - hurrah!!!

No sign of the expected new category of Best Man Bag (with or without continental snacks) in a Television Series. Saul would have been a shoe-in.

LightHousekeeping Thu 13-Dec-12 14:38:09

They won them all last year or wax that The Emmys?

Am I the only one thinking it needs to finish now?

picketywick Thu 13-Dec-12 14:43:09

Bill Clinton said he liked it. Homeland I mean

Obama likes it too (invited DL to dinner and quizzed him about it apparently).

cocolepew Thu 13-Dec-12 16:32:00

I watching the penultimate episide last night. I have no idea what direction its going to take confused

LightHousekeeping Thu 13-Dec-12 17:19:47

I'm not surprised to hear that. I'm not watching it after this one.

HalleLouja Sun 16-Dec-12 10:55:10

Marks place ready for later.

Hassled Sun 16-Dec-12 18:50:59

I'm not going near the spoiler thread - not after I sullied myself with google last week.

So we have Carrie inexplicably returning to an probably-wired mill and brandishing a wrench. It's been a while since she popped a pill so she's probably going to be just a tad manic.

Meanwhile Nazir is frantically trying to regrow his beard so that he can participate in the Saul/Salieri beard-off, and Brodie is praying that the paramedics can't resuscitate the VP. Jess is in a post-coital glow and Dana is browsing the web for new boots. What have I missed?

mamaus Sun 16-Dec-12 19:50:20

My house guests for the holidays have already been warned politely asked not to speak during Homeland!
Can't wait.....

Hassled Sun 16-Dec-12 20:25:52

You have your Christmas houseguests already? Blimey - I'd be gibbering by the time the big day arrived. I'm down one houseguest - and while she'll be missed, it does make the likelihood of getting to watch Homeland next week much greater - other guests will be way more amenable grin.

mamaus Sun 16-Dec-12 21:00:06

Ha! I may well be gibbering by the end of the 3 week visit... Keeping me busy and away from spoiler thread though! smile

Ok, ready!

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 16-Dec-12 21:08:52

So Walden is dead. Right, so that's one theory out of the water.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 16-Dec-12 21:10:18

Quinn was looking rather nice there at the warehouse.

But goodness me, did anyone see David Harewood / Estes on Sunday Brunch today? Beautiful man. And he had his shirt very unbuttoned, the bold old tart.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 16-Dec-12 21:10:36

Bold old?
Big old...

gypsyfloss Sun 16-Dec-12 21:14:30

How come the shot of Carrie's car being hit is from the opposite side ?

I really thought Brody was going to tell Carrie he loved her just now. But sappy Jessica was giving him cow's eyes through the window , having neatly forgotten she was fucking jogging bottom Mike only the other night.

difficultpickle Sun 16-Dec-12 21:16:25

So Estes has got Saul out of the way. What is he up to?

gypsyfloss Sun 16-Dec-12 21:26:49

Good to see Carrie back on wild-eyed form. Nice diversion though to allow Nazir to escape .

Is this the last episode or the penultimate?

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 16-Dec-12 21:30:56

Penultimate...

difficultpickle Sun 16-Dec-12 21:32:22

I thought they weren't going to let Carrie question Roya?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now