ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Homeland - back soon!

(985 Posts)
Hassled Wed 19-Sep-12 22:05:21

I am beside myself with excitement. Trailer here - who's putting the contacts in? Is that Carrie in a disguise? Any one else agog?

mamaus Sun 09-Dec-12 23:19:26

Aaaargh!! besmirched I hadn't even thought of that.... But surely they can't kill Carrie, there is another season.
Wow, I felt completely stressed and tense during that episode. Not quite as tense as suicide vest episode from last year, but not far off!
What are they going to do to Saul?? And what in the world is Carrie going back in the warehouse on her own for, she really is crazy!
And, I guess Brody really does love Carrie after all.

LightHousekeeping Sun 09-Dec-12 23:21:13

Wouldn't there have been some sort of cameras in the senators office?

mamaus Sun 09-Dec-12 23:22:40

And Hassled will you google again?! shock

mamaus Sun 09-Dec-12 23:32:57

I did wonder that too, LightHousekeeping that and the whole Skype thing with Nazir.
I am trying to ignore all of the implausibilities because I love the show so much. As someone said before, there are documentaries for facts. (Love those too, must get out more!)

Wingedharpy Mon 10-Dec-12 01:20:07

And what will Carrie find as she opens the warehouse door.............?

Ellisisland Mon 10-Dec-12 05:40:05

Totally agree that Quinn is supposed to kill Carrie as well. This would set up series 3 as Brody and Carrie go on the run together and Saul has his loyalty to the CIA tested.

Such a tense episode. Damien Lewis is the master of showing stress while smiling.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 10-Dec-12 06:21:25

God I shrieked the house down last night. What with the broadside and the rottling around the VP's office and the death.

Bloody hell!

I have decided not to care about the impluasibility and just roll with it. It's such fantastic telly.

I still maintain jessica is the real baddy. Prissy bitch 'if we stay here much longer the children are going to get behind at school' bloody hell woman.

raininginbaltimore Mon 10-Dec-12 07:51:26

I said to DH that Quinn was being sent to kill Carrie, hence taking Saul out of way. She Knows about the drone strike too.

Not sure how I can possibly wait a week.

cocolepew Mon 10-Dec-12 08:00:31

I only have to wait until tomorrow <smug> grin

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 10-Dec-12 08:21:24

I did laugh at MI 5,6,7,8 and jess putting her feet into mike's joggers to keep them warm grin

My bet is they pull a "24h" on us for next episode:
the warehouse is full Of explosives, carrie trapped, quinn is the only one with expertise to diffuse but has secret orders to stand down and let her die.
Brody saves the day again....
Its getting a bit repetitive no?

My bet is they pull a "24h" on us for next episode:
the warehouse is full Of explosives, carrie trapped, quinn is the only one with expertise to diffuse but has secret orders to stand down and let her die.
Brody saves the day again....
Its getting a bit repetitive no?

For the sake of repetion!

FloatyBeatie Mon 10-Dec-12 08:46:42

The death-by-pacemaker was wonderfully surreal. Standing and watching someone die because you had nicked their password to allow someone to hack their heart account.

I SO much enjoyed Brody's revelling in the death of the Veep, and telling him, in his dying moments, that he was hoodwinked and wicked. It's the very first time that Brody has really acted out principle and commitment. About bloody time.

FloatyBeatie Mon 10-Dec-12 08:47:42

(Always assuming Veep is actually dead of course. It will be embarrassing for Brody if he pulls through.)

yesbutnobut Mon 10-Dec-12 08:51:33

Yes floaty that whole scene was amazing wasn't it? Since Brody had been so reluctant to get the code it was quite surprising he took to the task with such relish! The writers of this show are totally brilliant. Wish it was on every night though!

HalleLouja Mon 10-Dec-12 09:06:11

It was amazing although I spent most of the episode hid under a blanket. Implausible or not it was great TV.

Its such a shame its only 12 episodes though.

donnie Mon 10-Dec-12 09:41:26

I think that Quinn as black ops has been tasked with keeping Nazir alive. Estes is in on it. I would not be surprised if is a double agent after all.

I now renounce - are you all listening - RENOUNCE my earlier condemnation of Saul and accept that he is, indeed, a Good Guy.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 10-Dec-12 11:43:04

I am going to miis next week's episode as I am going on fucking holiday so will have to wait until the 23rd.

Which does mean I can watch the penultimate and final eps back to back, though.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 10-Dec-12 11:44:53

But Getorf it also means that you will have to stay away form ALL MEDIA until you've done the double, in order to avoid spoilers. Can you do that??

I am having to sit on my hands in order to not google synopsis or watch next week's ep, which was shown last night in US. I am worried about Saul you see.

BOFingSanta Mon 10-Dec-12 11:57:21

I loved the beard-off in the café between the good and evil wings of the CIA. Poor Saul sad

Abu Nazir has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all the city's abandoned warehouses, doesn't he? grin

HalleLouja Mon 10-Dec-12 12:08:54

I love Saul. He is trying to be good and not having the best of times.

I wonder what will have when they realise Walden is dead?

Also my theory about Brody telling the CIA about the plan in some weird undercover helping Nazir out way was completely wrong.

Am gripped....GRIPPED I tell you with this programme. It is just superb. I was so tense with Brody in the VP's office and then what is crazy Carrie thinking going to try and get Nasir on her own at the end!?!??!?

I really like Saul and his man bag of continental snacks. Not sure where his storyline is going after last night - are they going to try and kill him or just keep him out of the loop until they can try to kill Nasir, Brody and Crazy Carrie and then cover up the way it was played out. Hope Quinn not totally on the dark side as he's too good to write out.

Has Claire Danes signed up for the next season do you know?

Argh, going to have to sit on hands to not google and find out about next episode.....

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 10-Dec-12 13:08:24

Does anyone fancy Abu Nazir?

I think saul and dar whatshisname are going to team up and uncover some paranoid ludlumesque conspiracy of the washington right wing elites to take over the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now