Homeland - back soon!

(985 Posts)
Hassled Wed 19-Sep-12 22:05:21

I am beside myself with excitement. Trailer here - who's putting the contacts in? Is that Carrie in a disguise? Any one else agog?

difficultpickle Sun 25-Nov-12 22:32:17

Hassled sorry I want him to be good but he did enable two vital witnesses to kill themselves so I'm still not sure. I don't think he's redeemed himself by listening to Carrie shagging grin

Showtime Sun 25-Nov-12 22:32:56

Thanks for info which appeared earlier.

Hassled Sun 25-Nov-12 22:39:15

He loves Carrie too much to be bad.

And re Carrie - does she really still love Brodie? Or is it actually all part of the game plan as she says? I'm starting to think the latter.

gypsyfloss Sun 25-Nov-12 22:44:12

I think she loves him and really does believe that she can save him and herself in the process .

LillianGish Sun 25-Nov-12 22:46:43

Can't understand why the continuity announcer said:"I bet you weren't expecting to see him". That was exactly who I was expecting to see, but not at all obvious from the picture on my screen. Thank God for MN - I knew you'd have the answer - I can sleep soundly now!

LauraPashley Sun 25-Nov-12 22:49:56

Hassled I have only just this episode begun to consider that Carrie might not actually really love Brody...it's been a bit like finding out Santa isn't real...is she really just ultra committed to her job?!! Trying to think back to series 1, to when they first met etc, has she been playing him all along?
Was also panicking when I thought Saul was going to get out of that car at the end. And where are they, that merited a helicopter ride?!

onedev Sun 25-Nov-12 22:54:37

Such a good episode - my stomach was in knots watching it as I felt so tense.

I reckon Carrie has true feelings for Brody, but at the same time, will do whatever it takes to get the information they need! Agree re cringing at poor Saul having to listen to the shagging!

I'm surprised they didn't have trackers in Brody's shoes, belt buckle etc to make sure they didn't lose him!!

I don't think Brody will be able to resist Nazir.

Love Homeland grin

besmirchedandbewildered Sun 25-Nov-12 22:57:25

I assumed the helicopter ride was just to lose the following, I think they're still in the US.

longjane Sun 25-Nov-12 22:59:39

and me too just checking in to see who it was at the end.

brilliant show

what earth is going happen next?

besmirchedandbewildered Sun 25-Nov-12 23:06:06

I agree onedev, he's a known terrorist, you'd think they'd put a chip in his actual body somewhere

(puts hand up to do the inserting, snaps marigolds menacingly)

mamaus Sun 25-Nov-12 23:21:55

So many implausible things happening now, but I don't even care! I was the same as you onedev --my stomach in knots it was so tense!

I do think Carrie loves Brody. Loved it when he said how she was even more crazy than everyone thought.

mamaus Sun 25-Nov-12 23:26:30

And hassled yes, Saul = cuddly kittens and goodness! (Easier to spell)

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 25-Nov-12 23:38:11

Righteousness is the correct spelling.

I agree, Abu Nasir is exactly who I was expecting to see.

Surely at the very least they'd have a tracker on his car, not just his phone.

I think Carrie is in love with Brodie but that it doesn't stop her doing her job - she believes his loyalties can be kept with the USA and so what's best for him is also what's best for her job. If it came to shooting him to prevent a bomb going off, she'd shoot.

Jessica is in fact Miss Scarlett in an old fashioned Cluedo game - small head, long neck, sloping shoulders. Her outfits suited her much better this week though and I really liked the character development and that she let Dana stay at Mike's.

Faxthatpam Sun 25-Nov-12 23:44:04

I thought it was the tailor he'd killed... confused... I am over thinking it aren't I ?
Miss Scarlett!! Yes! What's with Dana's weird and cruddy boots?

ImperialBlether Mon 26-Nov-12 00:43:59

Yes to Miss Scarlett! I knew she reminded me of something.

Can you imagine overhearing your colleague having sex and not even saying, "Good show, Carried!"?

Can anyone tell me whether I've always done it wrong - does everyone have such noisy sex?

I also thought it was the Undead Tailor. I got all confused that we were heading in to zombie territory.

eatyourveg Mon 26-Nov-12 08:13:12

No Hassled I'm still convinced Saul is a baddie

diddl Mon 26-Nov-12 08:23:53

So do they suspect Brody & they are either going to kill him (yeah, right!)-or convince that their cause is the true one?

Afterall, if the vest had worked-he would have gone through with it?

And now he´s only working with the CIA to shag Carrie save his own skin?

I think his loyalty is still to Nazir-isn´t he more of a threat to Brody´s family?

Snorkmaiden75 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:11:51

Addicted to Homeland - best thing to happen to Sunday nights in ages!

My DH also thought it was the undead tailor for a while but I'm pretty sure a beardless Abu Nazir! Did think the CIA should have had a SWAT team on hand to bring down the helicopter tbh... No idea what they are going to do to Brody now sad

I cannot work out whether Carrie's feelings for Brody are genuine - great acting from Clare Danes

WipsGlitter Mon 26-Nov-12 13:42:11

Maybe they are in Canada? Short helicopter flight away from DC?

From my experience of working with political figures/representatives, they don't have time to blow their nose as their day is so packed with appointments, yet Brodie seems to be able to mooch off whenever he feels like it without his office being constantly on the phone asking where he was. He would also have an aide who would be at his side pretty constantly. If he was my congressman, I'd not be happy!!

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 26-Nov-12 13:53:02

I'm hooked, I think it is the best thing on television to the extent that I don't want it to go off.I instantly thought it was Nazir but now you have got me thinking.I do think it is ridiculous at times but it seems to add to the suspense.

I'm hooked but I daren't read this thread.
I came to it late.
I read the reviews and they showed series 1 every night for a couple of weeks so I recorded it. I watched it like a box set, it was thrilling and I loved it.
I'm still behind with series2 though. I'm trying to ration it hence the necessity of avoiding all reviews and threads like these.

eatyourveg Mon 26-Nov-12 15:44:13

I reckon its a test of loyalty and because they now suspect he's a double agent they'll make him do something hard like kill Mike off because he's been fishing around too much over that other kidnapped soldier whose name escapes me

Fiderer Mon 26-Nov-12 16:22:38

grin at Hassled and the plot may be getting flakier than a 99

Saul is a Good Man and, MN Operatives and Analysts, we need to figure out who the mole is. I wondered about Galvez, but he got shot. Also the sinister Quinn, but he got shot too. Don't trust him though.

I think Carrie does love Brody and thinks he was dun wraang by Nazir and is a goody - though obv not a Good Man like StSaul. Brody is feeling pulled all ways and wants it to stop so will do what he has to to stay alive & useful to both sides in the hope that a chance comes along to end it all for him.

He'll accept Jessica & Mike and he'll retire with Carrie to a cabin in the woods where they'll drink Yorkshire Gold and he'll set fire to her Jazz CDs to keep warm through the winter.

Blu Mon 26-Nov-12 18:09:39

Carrie does love Brody - hence the close up on her looking upset when Brody was talking to Roya and said 'I fucked her like you told me to'.

So-o-o-o will the CIA now get Brody back and attempt to prosecute him but he will save his skin by blackmailing Walden over his son and hit and run?

Will Dana now seduce Mike (after lolling around his apartment in skimpy nightie)?

Somehow Mike is going to be the one left knowing what went on, and the one to star in the next series once Brody has been deaded or given an identity change and moved to Alaska.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now