The Big Bang Theory

(65 Posts)
OsmiornicaGold Sat 15-Sep-12 01:17:05

Anyone else like this? I'm an engineer and love this. I can see bits of people I know in all of them including my husband grin. I'm currently watching the comic book one and it's so funny .. speaking with a garage full of comics ... wah!!

I love it!

Love Sheldon and I currently have a crush on him grin

It's the best thing on the telly! My 3yr old DD does the "knock knock knock, Penny etc" thing on a regular basis grin

Incredible writing (apart from the relationship BS) and the acting is bang on (see what I did there wink)

Jim Parsons as Sheldon is an all time great comedy performance.

Sweet

MrsJohnMurphy Sat 15-Sep-12 01:44:20

I love it, dd(9) loves it too, although I always think it's a bit risque for her, although irl not actually any more than the simpsons (imo), which I happily let her watch.

I love Sheldon, he is very attractive, Penny improved massively over the series, she was a bit giggly and odd in the first one I think.

FoofyShmooffer Sat 15-Sep-12 02:24:20

Oh God I love it. I'm currently series linking a couple being shown at once.
I showed DS(10) the instructions to Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock the other day. Her couldn't breathe laughing at Sheldon.

I think Howard is underrated. The episode where he's skyping Bernadette from Space Camp is hilarious. "I ate a Butterfly" gringrin

whatkungfuthat Sat 15-Sep-12 09:18:34

I used to go out with a Sheldon, he was theoretical astrophysicist and I'm an engineer. Some of it is scarily similar.

My DS does the Howard /Mother thingsadWhen Howard gets stuck in the 'mechanical hand' blush

(He won't let me drop him at school)

"Are you ashamed of your Mother"? I yell ask

"Yes, but that's not the issue" he replies

no idea why I put a sad there BTW !

Losingitall Sat 15-Sep-12 12:08:10

Love it as do both my sons.

Sheldon is bloody ace!

We're great fans although I find Sheldon a bit OTT at times.

They're all so geeky, it's great for kids who are into science & maths to be thought so cool & that it's OK to be different.grin

<DD1 is a female Sheldon only more kind!>

I love it. Currrently working through them chronologically.

I love the friendship between Leonard and Sheldon

Japple Sat 15-Sep-12 13:00:29

Well...We watch that Show here in the States, and we Love it. We are Landlords
and my hubby says that "I".. am a "Sheldon" (when it comes to getting all of
My tenants to Sign their paperwork,Read their "House Rules" and so on).Well,
but I don't Dog them like Shel does.I think I understand that guy-He's just So
Into doing things Right,by the Book...and he just Can't understand Why every-
one refuses to Do things "Properly".We Sheldons Mean Well...we really Do.

glamourousgranny42 Sat 15-Sep-12 18:29:49

I LOVE TBBT!!! When i first watchd it i couldnt figure Shelodn out, now, I love him soooo much. He makes complete sense and he is sooo funny. Love the one where he trains Penny with chocolate. I use that to teach my students about reinforced behhavior! See, its educational as well. hehe

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 15-Sep-12 18:31:33

You've forgotten to mention how adorable Raj is.....!

The show is amazing. When I first bought the boxset DS wrote about what the guys were getting up to in his homework!

grin

We LOVE the BBT here. It is hilarious. DH is a techy geek and it makes us all howl with laughter.

DS (12) thinks its v funny too.

ooh, forgot to mention DD loves the theme tune and sings it all the time.

DS also changes our rock/paper/scissors game and introduces sheldons version.

LIZS Sat 15-Sep-12 19:36:44

When does the next season start on C4?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sat 15-Sep-12 19:40:28

I love TBBT and can't wait for the new season to start over here. In the meantime DS (6) and I have been watching the repeats. I came downstairs earlier to find DS laughing hysterically at Sheldon in a ball pool popping up every few seconds going 'bazinga!' grin

Leonard is my favourite because I have a massive crush on Johnny Galecki.

PippasArse Sat 15-Sep-12 19:41:31

oh I LOVE IT

dd1 loves it too

I want to keep sheldon in a box

ArthurShappey Sat 15-Sep-12 19:41:38

I'm a physicist and I love it, it's hilarious! smile

Tressy Sat 15-Sep-12 19:44:32

Been watching it for ages. Some of them are repeats now but still watchable then second time round. Love it.

ALittleBitOfMagic Sat 15-Sep-12 19:45:15

I love it !!! grin

And I fancy the pants off Leonard . I hope he and penny last and actually end up together smile

When doea s6 start over here ?

gingercat12 Sun 16-Sep-12 19:37:35

We love it, too. Quite ashamed, but can recognise the episodes based on their first few seconds blush

DH and I work in higher education, and we loved it when Sheldon only through the post-grad girl out when she wanted credit on his paper.

I have a crush on Sheldon, too. Especially when he is singing or smiling. Have you seen "Am I a man or am I a muppet?"

amillionyears Sun 16-Sep-12 19:42:46

I like ....some of it.
Have watched some episodes but all out of sinc.
Are some of the series better than others? <awaits flaming>

The ball pit is my fave bit along with the Xmas one with the Leonard Nimoy napkin.

I also have bazinga as my message tone blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now