Downton Abbey - update required

(1000 Posts)
StagnantRabbit Wed 12-Sep-12 21:16:23

Any big Downton fans out there who can tell me what happened in the very last episode of series 2 and also the Xmas special? Tryin to get ready for the new series on Sunday but is there anything else I missed? (apart from Lady Mary and Matthew getting together that is)

Me too Georgina!

Must get on with supper so we can all be safely seated when the dressing bell rings credits roll. grin

Am hoping DS goes nicely of to sleep so he doesn't need feeding at all during Downton. Watched the Xmas special last night which I missed last year, having only converted to Downton after borrowing my mums DVDs in March. Am looking forward to Sybil's return, to Edith getting some good storylines hopefully and obviously the wedding of M&M. Can't stand Bates; would have been fine had he been hanged. Will be interesting to see how Thomas fares as the new valet and how the other servants deal with his new status.

I is excite smile

SoupDragon Sun 16-Sep-12 19:15:41

What time?

convienently I have just sent the children to bed for pissing me off so all will be quiet soon.

DowagersHump Sun 16-Sep-12 19:29:30

9pm. Am rather excited blush

I am doing a roast in celebration

AgathaFusty Sun 16-Sep-12 19:30:14

Oh my! I've only just found out it starts again tonight. Very exciting.

DowagersHump Sun 16-Sep-12 19:30:16

ahem if anyone is the Dowager, it is I! grin

OhVeryFunnyHaHa Sun 16-Sep-12 19:32:03

I have a crunchie chilling in the fridge ready for 9pm. I can't wait!

Missed the christmas episode catch up. I did see it first time but would loved to have seen again. Anywhere else I can watch it?

onedev Sun 16-Sep-12 19:38:17

Thanks for this thread as I didn't even know it was back on! It's in series record now so all is good grin

Chubfuddler Sun 16-Sep-12 19:43:55

I've just seen the season trailer and have bad bad feelings about the fate of Bates and possibly Sybil too. What was that white garment fluttering over the banisters? Mary's wedding dress? Oo-er mrs if so.

Pandemoniumwearspurpleshoes Sun 16-Sep-12 19:50:21

Downtown is back on? <sets series link> This is the best news I've had all day grin

Here are a few links to wet your whistle guys & gals. grin

The Dowagers finest moments from Series 1 &2 .

Anyone going to start a sparkly new thread for tonight or shall we be re-grouping here?

tedmundo Sun 16-Sep-12 20:02:17

Small glass of wine (preggers).. Check
Mint matchmakers (half price in tescos) .. Check

Matthew, Mary, Maggie ... Eeeeeeeeeeek!!

wishfulthinking1 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:04:02

I've been catching up on itv2- just finished the first series, had forgotten how good it was! My first-trimester-self can't stay up later than 9, so am going to watch it tomorrow and avoid temptation to look at any threads that may spoil it for me in the meantime! night all- enjoy!
X

Soddit trigger finger-SO excited ......<get a life emoticon>

Series 1

Series 2

wishfulthinking1 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:05:01

P.s. hi ted!! Hope the pg is all going well! I'm 11 weeks today!! Eeek!!
X

squoosh Sun 16-Sep-12 20:19:37

I hope Matthew Crawley dies.

GeorginaWorsley Sun 16-Sep-12 20:22:23

Oh no,noo....
Or at least not until Mary up duffed

squoosh Sun 16-Sep-12 20:24:38

His sperm would be too meek to impregnate her feisty eggs.

Down with Matthew Crawley!

tedmundo Sun 16-Sep-12 20:27:03

squoosh .. WHY?? Any man who applies his eye liner better than me, gets a thumbs up in my book.

wishful HI to you too smile. I am 15+2 now. Glad things are well with you. Good luck at the 12 wk scan!

I want Edith to find luuuurve this series.

AgathaFusty Sun 16-Sep-12 20:34:05

Bossy - love the links

Housewife2010 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:58:27

I'm going to record it & start watching it at 9:30. I find that by forwarding the adverts, the recorded DA ends at the same time as the live one.

DisappointedHorse Sun 16-Sep-12 21:08:27

Is it wrong to have a massive thing for Bates? He was the reason I watched several years worth of Lark Rise to Candleford!

ProphetOfDoom Sun 16-Sep-12 21:09:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Sun 16-Sep-12 21:09:33

DisappointedHorse wronger than wrongy mcwrong

ProphetOfDoom Sun 16-Sep-12 21:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

This thread is not accepting new messages.